ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Carlson

Rule #1 for any celebrity should be to not go on Bubba the Love Sponge's show/hang out with him.

Reactions: largemouth
Let me try again.
He's a Gluteus Maximus Chapeau.
101-0551-oli-l01-donkey-large.png

My favorite Tucker story was he was in the bathroom in a bathroom in Georgetown in DC. A guy hit on him.

Tucker went back to the bathroom with a friend with to beat up him up.

My favorite Tucker story was he was in the bathroom in a bathroom in Georgetown in DC. A guy hit on him.

Tucker went back to the bathroom with a friend with to beat up him up.
Was he wearing that ghey bow tie then?

Just as Northam shouldn't be judged by his actions decades ago, I think Tucker deserves a pass in this case, and I appreciate him not kowtowing to faux outrage.

If any of you loons actually listened to Tucker, you would realize his economic politics are much closer to that of a Bernie Sanders than an Andrew Breitbart.

Reactions: Hoopsdoc1978
Just as Northam shouldn't be judged by his actions decades ago, I think Tucker deserves a pass in this case, and I appreciate him not kowtowing to faux outrage.

If any of you loons actually listened to Tucker, you would realize his economic politics are much closer to that of a Bernie Sanders than an Andrew Breitbart.
Just as the outrage against Northam wasn’t genuine, neither is this. Nobody REALLY cares about what Carlson said on a call in shock jock radio show and nobody REALLY cares about Northams 30 year old yearbook photo.

It’s an opportunity for both sides to silence someone who they can’t stand.

This outrage culture we’ve allowed to grow in this country has gone way way to far.

Just to note, the allegations against Fairfax are different. That is an allegation of actual assault and should be investigated and if necessary adjudicated accordingly.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners

Umm. Carlson is still an awful asshole. What is his redemption moment? Peddling racist, xenophobic propaganda on Fox News?

Just as the outrage against Northam wasn’t genuine, neither is this. Nobody REALLY cares about what Carlson said on a call in shock jock radio show and nobody REALLY cares about Northams 30 year old yearbook photo.

This outrage culture we’ve allowed to grow in this country has gone way way to far.

Just to note, the allegations against Fairfax are different. That is an allegation of actual assault and should be investigated and if necessary adjudicated accordingly.
What? The crap he said was vile. Which parts of what he said do you agree with? So we should just ignore the defense of child rape? I think that's pretty outrage worthy.

Reactions: zeke4ahs

Oh so now you are in charge of who is outraged and who isn’t? Tucker is the same Richard now he was then. And pardon me for being outraged about misogynistic and racist assholes. Trust me, it’s not fake. He’s a horrible human.

Reactions: MaxCoke

Your ability to rationalize is laughable. The "outrage culture" is code for it's ok to be a complete asshole and to advocate the crap he spews. The real outrage is that some folks think we should "tolerate" these ridiculous views.....you know look the other way. Carlson is a coward with a microphone, like Hannity, spewing ignorance to the ignorant.

I wonder how many gotcha clips are available in the Howard Stern archives? Be careful how outraged you get my liberal friends. Guests on shock jock shows routinely take part in less than savory conversations and say all sorts of things they would normally not when on these type shows. This is why the left ALWAYS eats their own. In their quest to catch conservatives with verbal missteps, they invariably throw their outrage net over their own. Should be interesting to see the lib reaction when these are unearthed.

I wonder how many gotcha clips are available in the Howard Stern archives? Be careful how outraged you get my liberal friends. Guests on shock jock shows routinely take part in less than savory conversations and say all sorts of things they would normally not when on these type shows. This is why the left ALWAYS eats their own. In their quest to catch conservatives with verbal missteps, they invariably throw their outrage net over their own. Should be interesting to see the lib reaction when these are unearthed.

I totally pictured this in my head as I read your post:

latest

"Here’s the way it works. If you’re a conservative or a Republican who attains any kind of prominence at all, then the hunt is on. Media Matters has its rolling list of allegedly bad or silly things I’ve said and written, for example. And the more prominent you are, the more diligent the hunt. People will listen to hundreds of hours of radio shows or podcasts. They’ll watch tapes of cable news until their eyes glaze over. They’ll scan through hundreds of thousands of written words — letting the sum total of the person’s worldview and body of work wash over them — looking for that “gotcha” moment, the word or phrase that proves “the bad man really is bad.”

"And let’s be clear, Tucker’s words aren’t “hurtful” or “offensive” in the truest sense. At the time, they passed through the media ether without notice or comment. There were no outraged victims seeking redress. Nobody was crying sincere tears on camera because of the bad things a (then) MSNBC contributor said about them. And no one is really hurt today either. Instead, the atmosphere is one of vengeful glee. We got him now."

"But note very carefully the process here. The person is truly rendered “bad” by his or her ideology. Pro-life? Republican? Conservative? Populist? Trumpist? Once you pass the ideological threshold that renders you an enemy, you’re fair game. The true intent is not to cleanse the public square of bad people. Otherwise, the search would be bipartisan, applying the same rules to both sides. The intent is to clear the public square of bad ideas, and if they have to destroy careers and reputations to do so, well then, that’s all the more fun."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/the-culture-of-fake-outrage-comes-for-tucker-carlson/

If a liberal said the exact same things, I would think he was an idiot too. Also, Trump once went on Howard Stern, as a democrat at the time, and joked about aborting his daughter. Not everything in my life revolves around left vs right.

"Here’s the way it works. If you’re a conservative or a Republican who attains any kind of prominence at all, then the hunt is on. Media Matters has its rolling list of allegedly bad or silly things I’ve said and written, for example. And the more prominent you are, the more diligent the hunt. People will listen to hundreds of hours of radio shows or podcasts. They’ll watch tapes of cable news until their eyes glaze over. They’ll scan through hundreds of thousands of written words — letting the sum total of the person’s worldview and body of work wash over them — looking for that “gotcha” moment, the word or phrase that proves “the bad man really is bad.”

"And let’s be clear, Tucker’s words aren’t “hurtful” or “offensive” in the truest sense. At the time, they passed through the media ether without notice or comment. There were no outraged victims seeking redress. Nobody was crying sincere tears on camera because of the bad things a (then) MSNBC contributor said about them. And no one is really hurt today either. Instead, the atmosphere is one of vengeful glee. We got him now."

"But note very carefully the process here. The person is truly rendered “bad” by his or her ideology. Pro-life? Republican? Conservative? Populist? Trumpist? Once you pass the ideological threshold that renders you an enemy, you’re fair game. The true intent is not to cleanse the public square of bad people. Otherwise, the search would be bipartisan, applying the same rules to both sides. The intent is to clear the public square of bad ideas, and if they have to destroy careers and reputations to do so, well then, that’s all the more fun."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/03/the-culture-of-fake-outrage-comes-for-tucker-carlson/
Just so I'm clear, you're defending child rape and calling random women the c-word? He's a public figure with a large audience. There should be high standards. If you say something awful, you should get called out for it.

I'm not outraged because it's sort of what I expect from Tucker. But I'm not a fan and an biased as such. His words dont surprise me.

If I were a fan of his i would probably be shocked and outraged. Or disappointed may be a better description. Unless of course i agreed with his views.

Well of course. I mean its widely known that all conservatives are wildly for the raping of children. Its part of the Republican party platform - look it up.
Right, and it’s an either/or proposition. Either you’re screaming for the rooftops for him to be fired or you support child rape.

There are no other options to the perpetually outraged.

Well of course. I mean its widely known that all conservatives are wildly for the raping of children. Its part of the Republican party platform - look it up.
Never said that. I’m saying this particular person is a knob and should be called out as such.

This is why the left ALWAYS eats their own. In their quest to catch conservatives with verbal missteps, they invariably throw their outrage net over their own. Should be interesting to see the lib reaction when these are unearthed.
Bring it on.

His words dont surprise me.

Yes, I noted that among all the reactions to this kerfuffle, one reaction that was not present was surprise that Tucker Carlson said something like that.

One of the best ways to avoid being tagged a misogynist is to not make misogynist jokes on radio broadcasts. I suspect the same is true for the topic of child rape.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rockfish1

I’d buy that, but I think this is who Carlson really is. He’s got some deep seated issues with minorities and Muslims, and he’s said as much as recent as the past few years. He does it subtly (like “asking” if diversity is a good thing), but the messages are pretty clear.

He’s a bona fide rock star in the dark corners of the web that caters to white nationalists. Much like our current president (good people on both sides re: Chalottesville, I’m a nationalist & chithole countries). Both Tucker & Trump are out of bounds, IMO.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&sou...aw3GtMpZZDIIbN15roLW1_Gv&ust=1552586006203151

I’m not saying that Tucker is catering to them, but I’ll repeat what Andrew Gilliam said about Ron DeSantis (who also encouraged that group of folks): “I’m not saying he’s racist, but the racists think he’s racist”.

In short, it’s pretty damn clear who he is. And he hasn’t changed much since those interviews. Remember, he used to be on “Morning Joe”, and wasn’t on there for long.

Now, we know why.

false indignation is the new national pastime, with a race to see who can be the most indignant.

who here hasn't said a zillion things in jest, that absent context of the setting or that they are in jest, could be dissected as horrible by anyone wishing to portray us as horrible.

reality is, we've all said a zillion things we never meant to be taken literally, and would paint a totally inaccurate picture were they taken literally.

sadder yet, the gotcha mentality crowd can't apply it literally fast enough, even when they know better, under the end justifies the means rational, which everyone now takes as license to act however they please because "the end" justifies anything and everything in it's pursuit..

good luck to the smartphone generation who are leaving a digital paper trail of everything they ever said, that can always be divorced from all context or actual intent.

intolerance and "gotcha" make for a very combustible mix.

Reactions: All4You
false indignation is the new national pastime, with a race to see who can be the most indignant.

who here hasn't said a zillion things in jest, that absent context of the setting or that they are in jest, could be dissected as horrible by anyone wishing to portray us as horrible.

reality is, we've all said a zillion things we never meant to be taken literally, and would paint a totally inaccurate picture were they taken literally.

sadder yet, the gotcha mentality crowd can't apply it literally fast enough, even when they know better, under the end justifies the means rational, which everyone now takes as license to act however they please because "the end" justifies anything and everything in it's pursuit..

good luck to the smartphone generation who are leaving a digital paper trail of everything they ever said, that can always be divorced from all context or actual intent.

Was Carlson at home joking with his buddies? I thought these were things he said into a microphone during an actual broadcast. I always hear parents teaching their children when they get their first smartphone that it's okay to put whatever you want out on social media as long as you are just joking with your buddies. :rolleyes: I mean this was a whole ten years ago when Carlson was just a wee lad of 40. How was he to know any better?

Or maybe the takeaway here is that misogyny and child rape aren't really funny?

Was Carlson at home joking with his buddies? I thought these were things he said into a microphone during an actual broadcast. I always hear parents teaching their children when they get their first smartphone that it's okay to put whatever you want out on social media as long as you are just joking with your buddies. :rolleyes: I mean this was a whole ten years ago when Carlson was just a wee lad of 40. How was he to know any better?

th

Why exactly is it so difficult to say “this guy is a creep and probably shouldn’t have a national audience?” It’s not an us vs them thing. There’s no reason to be so defensive of a tv personality who was defending CHILD RAPE.

Why exactly is it so difficult to say “this guy is a creep and probably shouldn’t have a national audience?” It’s not an us vs them thing. There’s no reason to be so defensive of a tv personality who was defending CHILD RAPE.

Here's the thing to me...Does Carlson look back on that and think "That was a mistake. I wish I could take that back. I shouldn't make misogynistic jokes and child rape jokes"? If he does, that's good and there's been some progress and maybe everybody can move on. If he doesn't, that's a problem. Amidst all the outrage over the outrage, I haven't seen much contrition. It would be good if there were some and Carlson stopped feigning victimhood.

Pretty sure I have t said things,even in jest, about child rape. It’s pretty vile of you to try to rationalize this.

Good point. Carlson must have been let down by his loved ones during his formative years by not giving him enough cautionary instruction as to social media.

Someone should have told Carlson that he should think carefully before hitting the send button on his microphone on a live radio talk show.

sarcasm-meter.jpg

Poor guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT