ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker Carlson is broadcasting from Budapest all week, lauding Viktor Orban

TommyCracker

Hall of Famer
Mar 18, 2004
as a champion of Christianity and 'Western Civilization'.

Wtf? Yeah, Orban is a fascist dictator.

His rise to power should ring a bell. Staunch nationalism. Attacking of journalism. Villainizing Immigration as coming in a diluting Hungarian ideals (he actually did build a wall). Ferociously attacked 'liberalism'. Borrowed the George Soros conspiracy nonsense (wealthy Jewish cabals are undermining the country), blah blah blah.

He was a minority party and using the Authoritarian 101 handbook was able to sieze control, control the media and literally destroy competing political parties to become the dictator that he is.

All this week Tucker will be telling his base how those steps are important to take to ensure western Christian society as we know it.

Good lord.

Is this the strategic path the party wants to take?

Orban has not been a friend to the Jewish community. The Indianapolis Jewish community, Budapest and the Western Galilee in Israel have a sister city relationship And I’ve heard from many in Budapest how difficult it is to be Jewish and the amount of Anti-Semitism.

as a champion of Christianity and 'Western Civilization'.

Wtf? Yeah, Orban is a fascist dictator.

His rise to power should ring a bell. Staunch nationalism. Attacking of journalism. Villainizing Immigration as coming in a diluting Hungarian ideals (he actually did build a wall). Ferociously attacked 'liberalism'. Borrowed the George Soros conspiracy nonsense (wealthy Jewish cabals are undermining the country), blah blah blah.

He was a minority party and using the Authoritarian 101 handbook was able to sieze control, control the media and literally destroy competing political parties to become the dictator that he is.

All this week Tucker will be telling his base how those steps are important to take to ensure western Christian society as we know it.

Good lord.

Is this the strategic path the party wants to take?

Party? I thought Tucker was just a talking head?

Orban has not been a friend to the Jewish community. The Indianapolis Jewish community, Budapest and the Western Galilee in Israel have a sister city relationship And I’ve heard from many in Budapest how difficult it is to be Jewish and the amount of Anti-Semitism.
Yeah, I've read some right-wing apologists for Orban who claim his attacks on Soros were based on the fact that Soros is a "left-winger", rather than his being Jewish. Your personal revelations would seem to expose the fallacy of those claims...

Btw, Tucker is not the only American speaking at the Conference in Budapest this weekend. Tucker is speaking to the Mathias Corvinus Collegium (MCC) a pro-Orban group of right-wingers dedicated to building up a generation of young people to follow Orban's dictates of establishing Hungary as a bastion of "Christian Nationalism"...

Tucker is not even pretending anymore, he has had numerous episodes and guests on his show who espouse blatantly fascist White Supremacy memes like the "Replacement Theory". I posted a 2018 video from Germany a few weeks back, where the leader of the most popular Fascist Neo Nazi group in Germany made "Replacement theory" the cornerstone of every speech or appearance he made.

And who is the other American speaking at the pro-Orban conference this weekend, along with Tucker? I thought it was interesting since we currently have a thread featuring one of his videos in which he blames "the Left" for ruining everything. Yep, none other than Dennis Prager will be breaking bread with Hungarian Fascists this weekend...

Where's Putin? You'd think he'd want to be there when his favorite European despot (besides himself) is feted by American right wing commentators...

Last edited:
He's talking about how Orban came to power in Hungary...
Although there is polling indicating Tucker's possible appeal as a candidate within the Trump GOP element...

Yeah, I've read some right-wing apologists for Orban who claim his attacks on Soros were based on the fact that Soros is a "left-winger", rather than his being Jewish. Your personal revelations would seem to expose the fallacy of those claims...

Btw, Tucker is not the only American speaking at the Conference in Budapest this weekend. Tucker is speaking to the Mathias Corvinus Collegium (MCC) a pro-Orban group of right-wingers dedicated to building up a generation of young people to follow Orban's dictates of establishing Hungary as a bastion of "Christian Nationalism"...

Tucker is not even pretending anymore, he has had numerous episodes and guests on his show who espouse blatantly fascist White Supremacy memes like the "Replacement Theory". I posted a 2018 video from Germany a few weeks back, where the leader of the most popular Fascist Neo Nazi group in Germany made "Replacement theory" the cornerstone of every speech or appearance he made.

And who is the other American speaking at the pro-Orban conference this weekend, along with Tucker? I thought it was interesting since we currently have a thread featuring one of his videos in which he blames "the Left" for ruining everything. Yep, none other than Dennis Prager will be breaking bread with Hungarian Fascists this weekend...

Crap, I just clicked on the link….am I gonna get a bunch of right/white wing sheeet?

Why Trump cultists romanticize Orban/Hungary...

When you compare them side by side, particularly their tactics, it 'should' raise some alert flags.

The part that most concerns me is that Viktor, like Putin and like most dictators come from the minority party. Meaning it's a natural progression when democratic means fail the party.

It makes sense strategically when you're the minority but....really?

I would think the glorification of an authoritarian dictator would not fly in the land of the free.

The numbnuts squad on here exemplifies stupidity. As if Tucker would leave an immensely high rated TV production, earning in 8 figures, to be a "candidate"..

One simply cannot make shit like this up!

The numbnuts squad on here exemplifies stupidity. As if Tucker would leave an immensely high rated TV production, earning in 8 figures, to be a "candidate"..

One simply cannot make shit like this up!

How much did DJT leave on the table during his presidency?
Power has a strong pull.

He's talking about how Orban came to power in Hungary...
Although there is polling indicating Tucker's possible appeal as a candidate within the Trump GOP element...
Sounds like a match made in heaven. What's the problem?

Last edited:
He gave up The Apprentice. I'm sure he grifted and scammed much more from the Presidency, and he's still at it with all his PACs.

The Apprentice had jumped the shark at that point and was on its way out. It was good timing on his part to leave and let someone else take the blame for the inevitable flameout.

I would be really upset if our intelligence services did not pick up on Americans, whether they were journalists or not, trying to get info from unfriendly foreign operatives.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
Why Trump cultists romanticize Orban/Hungary...

Carlson doesn't just romanticize authoritarian leaders like Orban, Bolonsaro, Putin, and Trump. He has advocated for outright racist and dangerous conspiracy theories like the replacement theory in more than a few episodes over the past year and a half. It's not even a "dog whistle" anymore, at this point it's a clarion call...

Keep in mind I've mentioned Tucker's promotion of "replacement theory" hysteria for just the past (2020-21) year span. But we've already seen the application of this theory as a rationale for horrible acts, repeatedly in the past decade. This NYT article from 2019 (at least a year before Tucker's recent promotion of RT on his show) ties together the thread of RT ideology running thru events like Christchurch, El Paso, and even as far back as Anders Brevik 2011 mass slaughter in Norway...

Tucker and others' promotion of such a screed is not "harmless entertainment". It resonates with and emboldens the same type of extremists who feel their worst paranoid fears validated. And more disturbingly in their own minds, it justifies the horrible atrocities they end up committing...

Carlson doesn't just romanticize authoritarian leaders like Orban, Bolonsaro, Putin, and Trump. He has advocated for outright racist and dangerous conspiracy theories like the replacement theory in more than a few episodes over the past year and a half. It's not even a "dog whistle" anymore, at this point it's a clarion call...

Keep in mind I've mentioned Tucker's promotion of "replacement theory" hysteria for just the past (2020-21) year span. But we've already seen the application of this theory as a rationale for horrible acts, repeatedly in the past decade. This NYT article from 2019 (at least a year before Tucker's recent promotion of RT on his show) ties together the thread of RT ideology running thru events like Christchurch, El Paso, and even as far back as Anders Brevik 2011 mass slaughter in Norway...

Tucker and others' promotion of such a screed is not "harmless entertainment". It resonates with and emboldens the same type of extremists who feel their worst paranoid fears validated. And more disturbingly in their own minds, it justifies the horrible atrocities they end up committing...

be it western Europe or the US, i think the main issue regarding immigration is one of "scale".

it's not so much who is coming in, as it is how many.

and sad to say our imperialism that broke where they came from has a lot to do with things.

and if the US hadn't already shipped all the good manufacturing jobs offshore, and killed the working class in every way they can, the working class wouldn't be nearly as opposed to immigration and importing mass additional labor as they are.

fact is, while not a hardship on the professional and investor classes, but rather a big financial plus for them, mass immigration absolutely is a financial burden on the working class already in trouble.

if the Dems want less immigration push back from the working class, then they need to take care of the working class instead of spitting in their faces..

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
be it western Europe or the US, i think the main issue regarding immigration is one of "scale".

it's not so much who is coming in, as it is how many.

and sad to say our imperialism that broke where they came from has a lot to do with things.

and if the US hadn't already shipped all the good manufacturing jobs offshore, and killed the working class in every way they can, the working class wouldn't be nearly as opposed to immigration and importing mass additional labor as they are.

fact is, while not a hardship on the professional and investor classes, but rather a big financial plus for them, mass immigration absolutely is a financial burden on the working class already in trouble.

if the Dems want less immigration push back from the working class, then they need to take care of the working class instead of spitting in their faces..

am not down with completely open borders but not sure I agree on immigration being a burden to the working class. Population decline is here. You can’t grow your economy or take care of your olds if you don’t have enough youngs. And since we’ve set up a pretty nifty pyramid scheme here, I bet we’ll be begging folks to come within 20 years.

am not down with completely open borders but not sure I agree on immigration being a burden to the working class. Population decline is here. You can’t grow your economy or take care of your olds if you don’t have enough youngs. And since we’ve set up a pretty nifty pyramid scheme here, I bet we’ll be begging folks to come within 20 years.

if you can't pay the bills and buy healthcare now, 20 yrs down the rd isn't your main concern, nor is global warming.

when you offshore the good working class manufacturing jobs and transition to a "service economy", which is what Reagan and Clinton openly and publicly called what they were doing as though bragging about it, as if it were a good thing, if you then mass import service workers, you have sabotaged the working class doubly.

i'm sure it wasn't "personal" though. just business.

why i maintain if you want to reduce the pushback from the working class on immigration, (which is where it is coming from), then you need to protect the working class while doing so, which we have done the opposite to date.

mandating a living minimum wage and passing Medicare for all are where i would start.

good law enforcement too, so the working class can feel safe.

financial stability and knowing you and your family are taken care of when ill and injured, will greatly lessen, even if not remove, the pushback from seeing immigrants as here to take their jobs and depress their wages, which in reality they are to an extent, even if the media doesn't want to admit it.

we need for the US to be place of refuge, and a place the working class can feel better about their lives.

it's totally doable.

the working class just need to be represented too.

if you can't pay the bills and buy healthcare now, 20 yrs down the rd isn't your main concern, nor is global warming.

when you offshore the good working class manufacturing jobs and transition to a "service economy", which is what Reagan and Clinton openly and publicly called what they were doing as though bragging about it, as if it were a good thing, if you then mass import service workers, you have sabotaged the working class doubly.

i'm sure it wasn't "personal" though. just business.

why i maintain if you want to reduce the pushback from the working class on immigration, (which is where it is coming from), then you need to protect the working class while doing so, which we have done the opposite to date.

mandating a living minimum wage and passing Medicare for all are where i would start.

good law enforcement too, so the working class can feel safe.

financial stability and knowing you and your family are taken care of when ill and injured, will greatly lessen, even if not remove, the pushback from seeing immigrants as here to take their jobs and depress their wages, which in reality they are to an extent, even if the media doesn't want to admit it.

we need for the US to be place of refuge, and a place the working class can feel better about their lives.

it's totally doable.

the working class just need to be represented too.

Our move to post-industrialization was inevitable. Countries usually can’t compete for very long in making clothes hangers once they’ve moved up the chain to make jet engines. China will try and somewhat succeed as long as they don’t my mind thin profit margins or losing money…and they really don’t. Agree we could have and should have softened the blow.
Disagree on where the pushback is coming from. It’s leaders scaring their voters about bogeymen. A tale as old as time. From a pure economic standpoint, immigrants are absolutely necessary if your country isn’t making enough kids anymore. They pay taxes like SS for benefits they don’t get. They come already educated. Sure, not from education systems like the US but schools systems are a huge expense for a nation. It’s still a huge savings. They come when they are young and are ready to start families. They create jobs. Crazy that we’re still letting dummies tell us otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT