ADVERTISEMENT

Trying to buy a new mattress is just plain pissing me off...

Hoops Cat

Hall of Famer
Mar 6, 2007
da Region
Try and compare models and prices between different stores - impossible.

I'm sure its better in commie Zizkovland, where everything is better, but here in 'murica, where you have to pay for a mattress, it sucks.

My guess is that there are really only like 5 different mattresses, but they've all got a different "Name" based on where they are being sold.

And I'll smote the first asshat who says to get a memory foam. I go to bed to forget the day before, not remember it.

Reactions: Moops

I'm sure its better in commie Zizkovland, where everything is better, but here in 'murica, where you have to pay for a mattress, it sucks.

My guess is that there are really only like 5 different mattresses, but they've all got a different "Name" based on where they are being sold.

And I'll smote the first asshat who says to get a memory foam. I go to bed to forget the day before, not remember it.

Go to store. Lay on bed. If comfortable, buy.

I have read that's you should go to a store and lie on the mattress for at least 10 to 15 minutes, spending time on your back, each side and your stomach, if that's how you sleep. Don't buy in a warehouse club because you can't do that.

I've also read that you should haggle in mattress stores because markups are huge. If there is no sale going on, insist on a "sale" price. Walk out if they won't budge.

This isn't rocket science. Ziz and LM pretty much gave you the formula to buying a mattress and every store I've ever been too, allow you to do that. I bought my mattress (and bed) at Denver Mattress Co almost 12 years ago. I still love it and get great rest when I use my bed for such purposes.

Here ya go: http://www.oldbedguy.com/about/

Let me summarize what you'll likely read:

Buy a quality hybrid mattress with springs and a cool latex top layer; check out C.P. Rogers mattresses online at http://www.charlesprogers.com/.

Spend the extra money and get the C.P. Rogers Estate 5000 (low end), the Estate 9000 (medium) or the Nano2 (high end). Apparently they'll last 25 years, and therefore are more than worth the extra money up front.

Stearns and Foster Estate - Jacalyn King is the only way to go....you won't regret it.

Try a memory foam mattress.

Bring your woman and simulate screwing on it. That's just as important as how it feels when you're sleeping.

I have a sleep number mattress (don't remember which specific model off the top of my head), and it's awesome.

Instructional video

Here ya go: http://www.oldbedguy.com/about/

Let me summarize what you'll likely read:

Buy a quality hybrid mattress with springs and a cool latex top layer; check out C.P. Rogers mattresses online at http://www.charlesprogers.com/.

Spend the extra money and get the C.P. Rogers Estate 5000 (low end), the Estate 9000 (medium) or the Nano2 (high end). Apparently they'll last 25 years, and therefore are more than worth the extra money up front.
Now this was helpful - thanks.

I take back most of the bad things I've said about you, but you're still an f'n lawyer. And you can't fix that....vbg

I will sell you mine for $20. Like-new. Memory foam. Pillowtop. Posturepedic. Sleep number 69. It has a few stains, but you can hardly notice with sheets on.

daniel-pelka-mattress.jpg

Definitely don't come to Chicago to buy your mattress then. In a half mile distance on Clybourn Ave there is every mattress store there could possibly be. Including multiple locations of the same store. You would go mad.

I will sell you mine for $20. Like-new. Memory foam. Pillowtop. Posturepedic. Sleep number 69. It has a few stains, but you can hardly notice with sheets on.

daniel-pelka-mattress.jpg

I can't tell which, but I swear that's either Jesus or Elvis with his pecker hanging out.

Reactions: Brockway
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT