ADVERTISEMENT

Trump voters think men are more discriminated against than LGBT+ people, women and African-Americans

sglowrider

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot
https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-voters-men-discriminated-against-lgbt-minorities-women-8593406

New data has revealed that people who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 presidential election believe that men are discriminated against more than LGBT+ people, women and most ethnic minorities.

The data is based on the findings of a new poll conducted by YouGov and The Economist.

The survey asked 1,500 adults across America a series of questions on topics ranging from politics to sport and entertainment:

How much discrimination do the following people face in America today?

Respondents were then presented with a list of different demographic groups and could choose the amount of discrimination faced by each group.

49 per cent of Trump-voting respondents said men face either “a great deal” or “a fair amount” of discrimination in America in 2018.
41 per cent of this group said the same of LGBT+ people, 30 per cent for women, 38 per cent for African-Americans and 42 per cent for Mexican-Americans.

Reactions: meridian
https://www.indy100.com/article/trump-voters-men-discriminated-against-lgbt-minorities-women-8593406

New data has revealed that people who voted for Donald Trump in 2016 presidential election believe that men are discriminated against more than LGBT+ people, women and most ethnic minorities.

The data is based on the findings of a new poll conducted by YouGov and The Economist.

The survey asked 1,500 adults across America a series of questions on topics ranging from politics to sport and entertainment:

How much discrimination do the following people face in America today?

Respondents were then presented with a list of different demographic groups and could choose the amount of discrimination faced by each group.

49 per cent of Trump-voting respondents said men face either “a great deal” or “a fair amount” of discrimination in America in 2018.
41 per cent of this group said the same of LGBT+ people, 30 per cent for women, 38 per cent for African-Americans and 42 per cent for Mexican-Americans.
They seem to confuse being disliked with discrimination.

Trump voters think?
I don't think there is any connection between "Trump voters" and "Think." They are too completely disjoint phrase and word.:(

Are you some kind of a board cop? I don't feel the need to write a High School theme paper every time I post ............get over it
But you don't ever contribute anything. It's always 1-2 sentences whining about liberals.

Reactions: Monkey Pox
Trump voters think?
I don't think there is any connection between "Trump voters" and "Think." They are too completely disjoint phrase and word.:(
lol.gif
lol.gif

Obviously in your world there is no possibility that anyone could approve of Trump’s policy while disapproving of Trump the person.

That’s just it. You’re having your cake and eating it too. Unless you’re actively speaking out against what he’s doing. I see some of that, but not nearly enough of it.

There are certain things that should never be condoned. And Trump has hit pretty much all of them. Not speaking out forcefully against those things is the same as endorsing those things. He’s gotten away with everything because pub politicians are afraid of pissing off his supporters. Because they know they can’t stay in office without their support.

It’s flat out wrong. On so many levels. It pisses me off that I have to constantly remind my kids that this isn’t normal- and a President isn’t supposed to behave the way Trump does. Never mind that he’s given the crazies license to act in an abhorrent manner. It’s not just about his behavior, in other words. It’s spread elsewhere. And by saying the word crazies, I’m not necessarily referring to the “righties” on this board (though percentages would indicate that some of you fall within this group).

And, it goes beyond acquiescing to his behavior. Many pub politicians, especially those in the house, have gone out of their way to protect him. There have been zero investigations (besides the joke of an investigation into Russian interference) undertaken by the house into Trump’s presidency thus far. Which is insane, because they’ve been involved with a large amount of out of bounds things so far.

So, again, it goes well beyond acquiescence, and into active cooperation for those in power within the party.

In short, the attitude of “I don’t really like him, but I like some of what he’s doing” is completely chicken chit.

And I think deep down many on here know it is. It’s kind of like saying, “Mr. X is a active pedophile, but he’s such a great teacher that it’s OK to allow him to continue to teach”. Clearly his behavior disqualifies him from holding the position he has. And allowing him to continue in that position is allowing an almost certain chance of further harm.

You’re making a deal with the devil by taking that approach, in other words. Sometimes taking a stand is painful- but it’s ALWAYS the right thing to do. I give the pubs on this board that have done this props (you know who you are)- it’s got to be really painful seeing what Trump has done to the party- and our country.

*** and I realize that there’s little a pub can do right now, given the circumstances. But damnit, you can still speak out. I see a LOT of reflexive defending/explaining away his behavior.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT