ADVERTISEMENT

Trump turned down offer from Pfizer for 100 million doses of COVID vaccine for Q2/21

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Is this because Pfizer didn't take part in Trump's "Operation Warp Speed" program? I can honestly see him being him being that horrible of a person. Did he feel snubbed because Pfizer turned down US money? The vaccine will now go to other countries in the EU and the UK. The UK is already vaccinating their citizens. The EU has options of up to 300 million doses now, given another idiotic blunder from the Trump Regime.

• The Trump administration declined Pfizer’s offer to provide the U.S. government with additional coronavirus vaccine doses in the second quarter of 2021, board member Dr. Scott Gottlieb said.
  • Pfizer made an offer “multiple times” to provide more than the 100 million doses it already agreed to supply, Gottlieb told CNBC.
  • The remarks confirm a report Monday from The New York Times.

And yet, he’s going to go on TV in the next day or two to tell everyone that he is very proud that he/his administration worked tirelessly with drug companies to create a vaccine. He’ll also say that it would have taken other presidents years to develop a vaccine. Well, maybe not Lincoln. But probably Lincoln.

And I can’t wait for him to bitch and moan about the vaccine once he’s out of office. I’m sure that he’ll cast doubt in it’s effectiveness by citing “many people” who got sicker because they took it. Meanwhile, he and his family will have been some of the first US citizens to get it.

And yet, he’s going to go on TV in the next day or two to tell everyone that he is very proud that he/his administration worked tirelessly with drug companies to create a vaccine. He’ll also say that it would have taken other presidents years to develop a vaccine. Well, maybe not Lincoln. But probably Lincoln.

And I can’t wait for him to bitch and moan about the vaccine once he’s out of office. I’m sure that he’ll cast doubt in it’s effectiveness by citing “many people” who got sicker because they took it. Meanwhile, he and his family will have been some of the first US citizens to get it.
How did UK beat us to the development & distribution of the vaccine? I thought Donald said nobody else could have gotten this done this fast - except UK

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Both Pfizer and Moderna elected not to participate in Trump's idiotic dog and pony show.

When is Trump just going to realize he's lost the election and move on to help the new administration prepare for the pandemic? Oh....that's right....never. He'd never help anyone, even people who will die without the 100 million doses he turned down.

The man is a lunatic.

Both Pfizer and Moderna elected not to participate in Trump's idiotic dog and pony show.

When is Trump just going to realize he's lost the election and move on to help the new administration prepare for the pandemic? Oh....that's right....never. He'd never help anyone, even people who will die without the 100 million doses he turned down.

The man is a lunatic.
My understanding is Moderna did take the dough for development.

Reactions: Spartans9312
I just saw a post on a more conservative forum I sometimes visit where they're blaming the FDA/the government for allowing the UK to beat us to vaccine administration. It's never, ever Trump's fault.

I have no idea why so many people fall into his trap and believe his con. I guess it's the PT Barnum syndrome at play.

My understanding is Moderna did take the dough for development.

They did participate, but Moderna has declined to participate in Trump's stupid "rally" at the White House about how instrumental Trump (himself) has been in the creation of a vaccine. Moderna is doing the right thing in not politicizing it.

Of course, Trump called the entire virus a hoax, but now he wants credit for the vaccine. Classic.

Reactions: billyhillui
They did participate, but Moderna has declined to participate in Trump's stupid "rally" at the White House about how instrumental Trump (himself) has been in the creation of a vaccine. Moderna is doing the right thing in not politicizing it.

Of course, Trump called the entire virus a hoax, but now he wants credit for the vaccine. Classic.
Trump is the urge that keeps on regurgitating.

I just saw a post on a more conservative forum I sometimes visit where they're blaming the FDA/the government for allowing the UK to beat us to vaccine administration. It's never, ever Trump's fault.

I have no idea why so many people fall into his trap and believe his con. I guess it's the PT Barnum syndrome at play.

For a bit of an answer, watch The Social Dilemma or The Great Hack.

Both can be true. He can be the biggest imbecile in recent memory to run the country - and have bungled COVID from the beginning - while also getting at least some due credit for Warp Speed which likely brought about the vaccine sooner than without.

Both can be true. He can be the biggest imbecile in recent memory to run the country - and have bungled COVID from the beginning - while also getting at least some due credit for Warp Speed which likely brought about the vaccine sooner than without.
So, if we had Warp Speed, do you think England...
56518335.jpg

So, if we had Warp Speed, do you think England...
56518335.jpg
I think many are falling prey to TDS on this one. I’m personally ok with FDA doing its due diligence. Fauci himself let on initially that it seemed UK was rushing before the outrage armies came for him.

It’ll be approved imminently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many are falling prey to TDS on this one. I’m personally ok with FDA doing its due diligence. Fauci himself let on initially that it seemed UK was rushing before the outrage armies came from him.

TDS schmeeDS. Of course it helped for Trump to get on board. That allowed the Rs to agree to pandemic stimulus. Any notion that companies and scientists needed Trump’s impetus to warp up their vaccine speed, though, is ludicrous. In case your ken doesn’t go beyond business (smirk), science is a cut-throat race to be the first to innovate, in both companies and academia. Trump’s waggy lips and tiddly fingers didn’t affect them one iota.

I think many are falling prey to TDS on this one. I’m personally ok with FDA doing its due diligence. Fauci himself let on initially that it seemed UK was rushing before the outrage armies came from him.

I agree, the system is working as intended. But it will be interesting to see when we do approve the vaccination if some of us start saying that the US was first. It is the modus operandi of one of our leaders. There is no shame in doing this safely and being a handful of days behind others.

I agree with you for the most part. However, there are plenty of other vaccines that aren't being supported by Warp Speed that are just as ready to roll. The problem is that Trump bungled every single aspect of this viral response, but now wants to pretend he's our white knight. According to the WHO, 172 countries contributed:

The fact is that the US response has been one of the world's worst in confronting the virus. I'm willing to give Trump SOME credit for approving funding. I want this thing the f*ck over. But to try and give trump some sort of genuine credit for what he was only a few months ago calling a hoax is crazy. (Just my opinion).

Let's face it. Trump simply doesn't care.

Last edited:
I agree with you for the most part. However, there are plenty of other vaccines that aren't being supported by Warp Speed that are just as ready to roll. The problem is that Trump bungled every single aspect of this viral response, but now wants to pretend he's our white knight. According to the WHO, 172 countries contributed:

The fact is that the US response has been one of the world's worst in confronting the virus. I'm willing to give Trump SOME credit for approving funding. I want this thing the f*ck over. But to try and give trump some sort of genuine credit for what he was only a few months ago calling a hoax is crazy. (Just my opinion).

Let's face it. Trump simply doesn't care.
So true. This idea that after election day the coronavirus would vanish was in truth the idea that any semblance of Trump caring would vanish, and so it did.

Is this because Pfizer didn't take part in Trump's "Operation Warp Speed" program? I can honestly see him being him being that horrible of a person. Did he feel snubbed because Pfizer turned down US money? The vaccine will now go to other countries in the EU and the UK. The UK is already vaccinating their citizens. The EU has options of up to 300 million doses now, given another idiotic blunder from the Trump Regime.

• The Trump administration declined Pfizer’s offer to provide the U.S. government with additional coronavirus vaccine doses in the second quarter of 2021, board member Dr. Scott Gottlieb said.
  • Pfizer made an offer “multiple times” to provide more than the 100 million doses it already agreed to supply, Gottlieb told CNBC.
  • The remarks confirm a report Monday from The New York Times.

Not good/healthy, & from what I've read on the various vaccine manufacturers, the Pfizer vaccine (which is the one I got) was the best & safest one of all.

Now there is talk among the virologists/experts that people will need a booster shot every year, just like the flu shot, but Covid-19 is much, much more dangerous/deadly than the flu.

Covid-19 >>> Covid-45

:O

Last edited:
I agree, the system is working as intended. But it will be interesting to see when we do approve the vaccination if some of us start saying that the US was first. It is the modus operandi of one of our leaders. There is no shame in doing this safely and being a handful of days behind others.
He & his orange horde are already saying this lie.

Haven't they killed enough already

Not good Covid-45

The man is a lunatic.
If you call Trump a lunatic, what would you call his followers?

Last edited:
Reactions: billyhillui
ADVERTISEMENT