ADVERTISEMENT

Trump to hold MAGA rally in Tulsa, OK

I think this has all the makings of the 1968 Democratic National convention.

Beat The Press and Mace The Nation"... I was 13. Dayley was a "Democrat", so I thought they were the "bad guys". Then Nixon got elected, lied about Vietnam and everything changed...

I think this has all the makings of the 1968 Democratic National convention.
No, not at all. There will be no dissension in the ranks. Everyone will be in lockstep. It will look like Triumph of the Will.

What about the protestors outside the compound.
Frankly, I doubt that to. Sure, there will be some, but they'll be kept far enough away as to not influence anything. Now if they overreact with a massive police action or the Guard or some kind of stupidity like that, you might be right. That's what happened in Chicago. That said, Chicago was what it was because of the War and the killings of MLK and RFK, not because Humphrey was a douchebag.

Last edited:
It's weird to me that that's the boilerplate response when anyone is even remotely critical of Trump. That said, it's only slightly less sophomoric than a 'yeah-but' response about some random slight Obama supposedly did.
I agree. It's truly one of the most bizarre aspects of the Trump faithful. The guy is president of the United States, he provides an outrageous, jaw-dropping "WTF" moment virtually every day that would be a headline story with any other president, and we're supposed to look the other way. Amazing.

And his racist advisor Stephen Miller is "reportedly drafting a speech for President Trump to deliver about race in America."

As some the Trumpflakes on here have said lately, you can't make this shit up.

It's weird to me that that's the boilerplate response when anyone is even remotely critical of Trump. That said, it's only slightly less sophomoric than a 'yeah-but' response about some random slight Obama supposedly did.
I agree. It's truly one of the most bizarre aspects of the Trump faithful. The guy is president of the United States, he provides an outrageous, jaw-dropping "WTF" moment virtually every day that would be a headline story with any other president, and we're supposed to look the other way. Amazing.
There really is no rational, thoughtful response that can be made, so that's the fallback. It's like COH when he's cornered and all he can do us bleat "nuance".

On June 19th... Despicable.

So, all sports venues, concert halls, cities, states, countries have to eliminate themselves immediately!

What a crock! You have ancestors that had an evil thought - off yourself now!

With a straight face, McEnany talks about what Juneteenth means to Trump and how he holds the African American community near and dear to his heart.

I think I'm tearing up a little.
Getting Verklempt

It's not pepper spray, either

With a straight face, McEnany talks about what Juneteenth means to Trump and how he holds the African American community near and dear to his heart.

I think I'm tearing up a little.
Getting Verklempt
Of course he's a racist so McEnany's position is "Mc-Inane-y." Aside from that, though, the irony is that people he supposedly holds near and dear to his heart (not just African-Americans, but also his typical MAGA supporters) would never have a chance of getting anywhere near one of his clubs or hotels because most aren't in a position to make him richer. He's exploiting these people for one thing only - - votes.

Reactions: sglowrider
You just hate that he has done more for the African Americans than any of your Dem Puppets

I don't have any Dem Puppets-- don't assume that others have your Nancy Pelosi love doll fetish.

Now there's an unhealthy mental image.

You just hate that he has done more for the African Americans than any of your Dem Puppets

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/op...p-has-delivered-african-americans/1890968001/
Let's look at your link
Opinion: President Trump has delivered for African Americans
Now you do understand what the word OPINION means, right? It usually follows that others disagree...

So congratulations on the fact that Ken Blackwell, the Black GOP ex-Mayor of Cincinnatti (and extreme right-wing ideologue) thinks Trump is a primo guy and has delivered "for Blacks"...

But while we're talking Black GOP politicians/officials and their opinion of Trump, I submit that ex-head of the RNC and former Lt Governor of Maryland Michael Steele views Trump quite differently. Btw, Blackwell was one of the candidates Steele defeated for Head of the RNC in 2009, and it was under Steele's leadership that the GOP scored their huge victory in the 2010 midterms...

Here is one of Steele's OPINIONS about Trump...(Guessing Blackwell is one of the people Steele is discussing here)...

"Michael Steele, the former chairman of the Republican National Committee, called evangelical Christians who support President Donald Trump "the biggest phonies of all" in a new book by the journalist Tim Alberta.

"These evangelical [leaders] are the biggest phonies of all," Alberta quoted Steele as saying in his newly published book, "American Carnage: On the Front Lines of the Republican Civil War and the Rise of President Trump."

Steele went on, "These are the people who spent the last forty years telling everyone how to live, who to love, what to think about morality. And then this motherf---er comes along defiling the White House and disrespecting God's children at every turn, but it's cool, because he gave them two Supreme Court justices. They got their thirty pieces of silver."

https://www.businessinsider.com/for...le-slams-trump-supporting-evangelicals-2019-7

Reactions: sglowrider
Let's look at your link
Opinion: President Trump has delivered for African Americans
Now you do understand what the word OPINION means, right? It usually follows that others disagree...

So congratulations on the fact that Ken Blackwell, the Black GOP ex-Mayor of Cincinnatti (and extreme right-wing ideologue) thinks Trump is a primo guy and has delivered "for Blacks"...

But while we're talking Black GOP politicians/officials and their opinion of Trump, I submit that ex-head of the RNC and former Lt Governor of Maryland Michael Steele views Trump quite differently. Btw, Blackwell was one of the candidates Steele defeated for Head of the RNC in 2009, and it was under Steele's leadership that the GOP scored their huge victory in the 2010 midterms...

Here is one of Steele's OPINIONS about Trump...

"Michael Steele, the former chairman of the Republican National Committee, called evangelical Christians who support President Donald Trump "the biggest phonies of all" in a new book by the journalist Tim Alberta.

"These evangelical [leaders] are the biggest phonies of all," Alberta quoted Steele as saying in his newly published book, "American Carnage: On the Front Lines of the Republican Civil War and the Rise of President Trump."

Steele went on, "These are the people who spent the last forty years telling everyone how to live, who to love, what to think about morality. And then this motherf---er comes along defiling the White House and disrespecting God's children at every turn, but it's cool, because he gave them two Supreme Court justices. They got their thirty pieces of silver."

https://www.businessinsider.com/for...le-slams-trump-supporting-evangelicals-2019-7
Is what he said true??? I could care less who loves Trump and who doesn’t. I’m talking about the facts here that you obviously don’t want to face.

lol.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

tenor.gif

Is what he said true??? I could care less who loves Trump and who doesn’t. I’m talking about the facts here that you obviously don’t want to face.

Is what true? That Blackwell thinks Trump has accomplished much for conservative AAs and Steele disagrees? I'd say that's true...

As to claims Blackwell made are those true? Well, this really isn't...

"Joe Biden was opposed to the integration of schools and introduced anti-busing legislation in the 1970s and 1980s. Recently, Biden even suggested that he missed the days when he served with racist, Democrat segregationist senators."

Biden wasn't opposed to "integration", he was opposed to DOE ordered busing. When he ran for the Senate in 1972, he ran on a pro-integration platform but did not feel that govt mandated "busing" was the way to accomplish that goal.

Not sure why Blackwell would try to use that as a basis to attack Biden when the alternative is Trump. Shall we review Trump's racial history?

"And yet, in 1970 TIME declared that integrating housing was proving even more difficult than integrating schools. Lax enforcement of existing laws, difficulty with zoning restrictions, and a federal reluctance to get involved in local matters all contributed to the problem.

One response to this situation was the direct investigation of landlord compliance with the law. One such initiative was known as Operation Open City, a federally funded project under the auspices of the New York Urban League. As an Open City report from 1967 put it, the project began in 1964—even before the federal law changed—to fight “the housing discrimination which keeps non-white New Yorkers in racial ghettos.”

"Though the organization was meant primarily to help minority families directly with their moves, it was found that a “high percentage” of the people who moved with the help of Open City had to file discrimination complaints as part of the process. As one 1970 New York Times report explained, starting in 1969 the group began gathering information on many of the city’s landlords, with white “checkers” visiting buildings where black applicants had been turned away; if the white applicant was not denied, that became evidence.

In 1973, the Department of Justice decided to bring charges against the Trump Management Corporation, for violation of the 1968 law. An investigation had found evidence that minority tenants were being denied rentals at Trump properties or redirected to other Trump housing developments that were less white. The suit was at least partly a result of an investigation by Operation Open City, according to the initial New York Times report on the case. At the time, Trump called the charges “absolutely ridiculous.”

The Washington Post and others have re-investigated, in light of Trump’s candidacy, what went on in the 1970s at Trump Village and what happened during the lawsuit. According to the Post analysis, though the Trumps were always careful to make it clear that the settlement was not an admission of guilt, as the candidate said on Monday, the government portrayed the settlement as a win. “It was a big deal,” Elyse Goldweber, a former Department of Justice lawyer, told the Post.

https://time.com/4508889/presidential-debate-1970s-bias-donald-trump/

So not really an advantage for Trump, esp considering Biden's history of positive race relations.

Then there were Trump's vitriolic attacks on what became known as the Central Park 5. Not only did Trump come off as a raging KKK Klavern leader with his calls for the "death penalty" because a white woman had supposedly been ravaged by 5 young POC. But what made it worse was his refusal to stop with the racist attacks even AFTER DNA evidence established that those 5 kids were innocent. Of course, we now know that Trump doesn't know the meaning of the word "exoneration", so maybe he just didn't understand it when the kids were "exonerated" by the DNA...

But this is probably the MOST DISINGENUOUS statement of all-
"Recently, Biden even suggested that he missed the days when he served with racist, Democrat segregationist senators."

By the time Biden got to the Senate in 1972-73, the remaining "racist segregationists" were mainly former Democrats that left the Dem Party after the 1964-65 passage of the Civil Rights Act and then joined the GOP. Eastland is the Senator that Blackwell is referencing, but the list of FORMER Dems who had joined the GOP is much larger. People like Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms, John Tower, John Connally (who was shot with JFK as Gov of Texas), and others...

Dinesh D'Souza took issue with the fact that racist Dems became Republicans a few years back, and challenged the veracity of the claim. In an epic Twitter thread Historian Kevin Kruse schooled D'Souza on actual history, and D'Souza ran off like a scared rabbit. You can read it here...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1013981446615322624.html

Classic Trump (and/or Trump campaign). A guy who is a professional plaintiff, who has sued people left and right for his entire adult life and perfected the art of using litigation as a weapon, now is requiring rally attendants to release the campaign and hold it harmless from any claims related to possible Covid transmission at the rally. Trump really loves his MAGA minions, don't you think?

Classic Trump (and/or Trump campaign). A guy who is a professional plaintiff, who has sued people left and right for his entire adult life and perfected the art of using litigation as a weapon, now is requiring rally attendants to release the campaign and hold it harmless from any claims related to possible Covid transmission at the rally. Trump really loves his MAGA minions, don't you think?

85186380_3459183107508052_4876512606682087424_n.png

Did you find this information on The Google?

A little more on why this is so (typically Trumpian) tone-deaf...

• bb2f74ca551352e71d84fd986c2f4b43
  • America Protests Trump Juneteenth
    FILE - In this 1921 file image provided by the Greenwood Cultural Center via Tulsa World, Mt. Zion Baptist Church burns after being torched by white mobs during the 1921 Tulsa massacre. Black community and political leaders called on President Donald Trump to at least change the Juneteenth date for a rally kicking off his return to public campaigning, saying Thursday, June 11, 2020. From Sen. Kamala Harris of California to Tulsa civic officials, black leaders said it was offensive for Trump to pick that date — June 19 — and that place — Tulsa, an Oklahoma city that in 1921 was the site of a fiery and orchestrated white-on-black killing spree. (Greenwood Cultural Center via Tulsa World via AP)
1 / 2

A little more on why this is so (typically Trumpian) tone-deaf...

• bb2f74ca551352e71d84fd986c2f4b43
  • America Protests Trump Juneteenth
    FILE - In this 1921 file image provided by the Greenwood Cultural Center via Tulsa World, Mt. Zion Baptist Church burns after being torched by white mobs during the 1921 Tulsa massacre. Black community and political leaders called on President Donald Trump to at least change the Juneteenth date for a rally kicking off his return to public campaigning, saying Thursday, June 11, 2020. From Sen. Kamala Harris of California to Tulsa civic officials, black leaders said it was offensive for Trump to pick that date — June 19 — and that place — Tulsa, an Oklahoma city that in 1921 was the site of a fiery and orchestrated white-on-black killing spree. (Greenwood Cultural Center via Tulsa World via AP)
1 / 2

Tone-deaf suggests that one can't hear the offense something causes. I'd humbly suggest that it's heard quite well.

Tone-deaf suggests that one can't hear the offense something causes. I'd humbly suggest that it's heard quite well.

Well, we now KNOW one DEFINITE attendee at Trump's rally. I'm guessing Police Major Travis Yates will be a guest on stage,and Trump will take the oppty to pose for multiple photo ops. Like his counterpart Bob Kroll who is head of the Police Union in Minnie, Yates strikes me as a definite "Trump guy"...

"Tulsa Mayor G.T. Bynum on Wednesday blasted one of his police department's top commanders after the officer denied there's systemic racism in law enforcement, then said African Americans "probably ought to be" shot more.

Tulsa Chief of Police Wendell Franklin, the first African American to hold that position, on Thursday also denounced the incendiary comments made by Major Travis Yates.

"Chief Wendell Franklin and the Tulsa Police Department want to make it very clear we do not endorse, condone or support Yates’ comments made on the show," a statement from the TPD said. "This matter has been referred to our Internal Affairs Unit."

"Yates was on KFAQ on Monday, in a weekly segment called "Behind the Blue Line," when he said there's no institutional racism in policing.

“All the research said — including Roland Fryer, an African American Harvard professor, Heather MacDonald and the National Academy of Sciences — all of their research says we’re shooting African Americans about 24 percent less than we probably ought to be based on the crimes being committed," Yates said."

Yates did not specifically cite which studies led him to this conclusion"

https://news.yahoo.com/african-americans-probably-ought-shot-194500793.html

Interesting in that it's an example of an "Oh shit!" moment and a tacit admission that they screwed up. I can say with no doubt whatsoever that no one in the Trump campaign had any idea of the significance of that date. Why? Because they don't have any black folks in a position to point that out, and frankly, very very few white folks would. I'll put myself out there as an example -- I know about Juneteenth, but could not have told you the date, nor could I have told you the significance of the date June 19th if asked. I may not be all woke, but I'm no Stephen Miller, either. On the other hand, when my black co-worker heard Trump was having a rally -- in Tulsa -- on June 19th, his immediate reaction was to ask me if that could possibly be true. He couldn't believe the campaign could be that stupid. Of course, he reflexively knew the significance of the date and the location.

I'll actually give him and the campaign credit for moving it.

Actually I'm kind of shocked that they didn't go all 'I should be celebrated as an African American hero' so credit where credit is due.

He's still requiring his adoring cultists to sign away any possibility of holding him responsible. The Morning Joe gang nails it,and esp Willie Geist pointing out that the BAK isn't going to risk concerts even until late July, and here is Trump ignoring current reality in June...

ADVERTISEMENT