ADVERTISEMENT

Trump riot developments

We agree, on 50% of things.
WAY WAY WAY to much smoke and obstruction on your first point though. Why would anyone obstruct an audit that could totally prove they were effective or capable and are totally vindicated of any (un)intentional wrong doing? Why?
I could understand being totally obstinate to anyone questioning "your" ability/ character/ effectiveness, but in this particular environment, is a total dis-qualifier for those who WE place in positions of public power. .. i.e. SWAMP SLIME.

There's more to this.
The lawsuits either lacked merit or were brought out of time or at the wrong time. so they were dismissed. like 50 of em joe. in state and federal courts. That’s a lot of shoppin. largely bc they failed to adequately state a cause of action. you can't plead in broad generalities. the elements of a cause of action must be detailed in a complaint. and those claims must be supported by facts, the law, and a conclusion that flows from the application of the law to those facts.

in these 50 cases they were filed after the fact, challenging issues that should have been raised prior to the election, or predicated on goofy "evidence." these weren't dismissed with leave to amend for pleading infirmities; they were dismissed because they were meritless - or the affidavits attached as "support" were on their face comical.

the election wasn't stolen bud. 50 cases is a lot of chances to find at least one, drunk, sympathetic judge to hear it - tho not even a drunk biased judge would order the relief prayed for

Last edited:
The results speak for themselves, Einstein. They got in. The first time the Capitol was breached in over 200 years. They threatened to hang the Vice President and got alarmingly close to him before he was moved to safety.

If the mob had started shooting, the Trump riot wouldn't have had a chance. Law enforcement would have returned fire and that would've been the end of it.
Nobody was hanging anyone, Drama Queen. Where was the rope they were going to use? Ever heard of hyperbole?

Law enforcement was overwhelmed as it was - do you really think they could have handled even 1,000 armed people?

Meanwhile, real insurgency was going on last summer against Federal buldings and not a peep from you Leftists.

Spare me your faux outrage over Jan. 6.

Nobody was hanging anyone, Drama Queen. Where was the rope they were going to use? Ever heard of hyperbole?

Law enforcement was overwhelmed as it was - do you really think they could have handled even 1,000 armed people?

Meanwhile, real insurgency was going on last summer against Federal buldings and not a peep from you Leftists.

So was Mike Pence a coward for not sticking around to see how well their gallows functioned?

The lawsuits either lacked merit or were brought out of time or at the wrong time. so they were dismissed. like 50 of em joe. in state and federal courts. largely bc they failed to adequately state a cause of action. you can't plead in broad generalities. the elements of a cause of action must be detailed in a complaint. and those claims must be supported by facts, the law, and a conclusion that flows from the application of the law to those facts.

in these 50 cases they were filed after the fact, challenging issues that should have been raised prior to the election, or predicated on goofy "evidence." these weren't dismissed with leave to amend for technical infirmities; they were dismissed because they were meritless - or the affidavits attached as "support" were on their face comical.

the election wasn't stolen bud. 50 cases is a lot of chances to find at least one, drunk, sympathetic judge to hear it out
Nice response, thank you for that. . honestly I more so had Arizona on my mind right now, but I didn't say that (my bad). Either way, thank you for the time you put into this answer.

What a crock of shit. When do you start telling us that the world is flat, and that humans and dinosaurs co-existed?
It appears you don't want to talk about the issues raised, but instead start flinging insults.

Typical of you.

Pretty piss poor effort if you're going to overthrow a government?

Ever seen an effort to overthrow a government without firearms?

Just because they weren't the sharpest tools in the shed doesn't mean they didn't try.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC

So, you are not outraged over the events of Jan. 6th? Why not?

So was Mike Pence a coward for not sticking around to see how well their gallows functioned?
No, who wants to face an angry mob?

You're not real bright if you have to ask that question.

Nice response, thank you for that. . honestly I more so had Arizona on my mind right now, but I didn't say that (my bad). Either way, thank you for the time you put into this answer.
images

So what was your opinion on collusion with Russia and Trump's multiple attempts to obstruct the investigation?

Btw, who is obstructing any audits? Audits have gone on without anyone finding widespread voter fraud.
My God, you really are dumber than a box of rocks.

Trump obsructed the investigation? LMAO!

Who is obstucting audits? Arizona Democrats, genius.

Amazing you would bring up whataboutism since that's all Leftists do when confronted with Biden's destructive actions and policies.
Well, actually, that's why I pointed it out. You are usually much better than that.
I can only assume you aren't really willing to admit to your lack of outrage over January 6, because that would be against the playbook?
(I know, I know...whatabout Leftist playbook.)

No, who wants to face an angry mob?

You're not real bright if you have to ask that question.
I was just curious how you would spin the question and I got my answer. So Pence would have been an idiot to stick around to complete his duties confirming the presidential vote because of the mob.

Well, actually, that's why I pointed it out. You are usually much better than that.
I can only assume you aren't really willing to admit to your lack of outrage over January 6, because that would be against the playbook?
(I know, I know...whatabout Leftist playbook.)
Jan 6 was a protest that got out of hand by some radicals who had pre-planned an 'assault' on the Capitol. I use quotes in 'assault' because a real assault - one meant to actually take over the building and, according to Leftists, the government - there would have been much more violence and, certainly, 'assault' weapons.

The only person who was killed was a protester.

Is that a good enough explanation for my lack of outrage for you?

I was just curious how you would spin the question and I got my answer. So Pence would have been an idiot to stick around to complete his duties confirming the presidential vote because of the mob.
I didn't spin anything.

Pence couldn't complete his duties because of the protest, not because he ran away from his duty. No one stuck around.

Was Schumer a coward for not hanging around?

Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1
Jan 6 was a protest that got out of hand by some radicals who had pre-planned an 'assault' on the Capitol. I use quotes in 'assault' because a real assault - one meant to actually take over the building and, according to Leftists, the government - there would have been much more violence and, certainly, 'assault' weapons.

I agree with this - and many got caught in the moment and mob mentality. Where one could argue otherwise is the intent behind an attempt to delay the vote - as stupid as that strategy was inasmuch as they could have gone to a banquet room at any hotel down the street and finished it

Last edited:

Well, guys walking through the Capitol carrying Confederate flags was kind of a bad look, as was the mob using anything they could to break through secured doors.
BTW, the riots in Portland were disgraceful.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well, guys walking through the Capitol carrying Confederate flags was kind of a bad look, as was the mob using anything they could to break through secured doors.
Of course it was a 'bad look'. No one has said differently, that I know.

That's what mobs do - break things and go where they shouldn't go.

Portland was a disgrace but it won't be discussed in our history books like the Capital riots which may have supplanted the British burning of the White House in 1812 as a national embarrassment and we have but one man to thank for that wouldn't you agree?

I agree with this - and many got caught in the moment and mob mentality. Where one could argue otherwise is the intent behind an attempt to delay the vote - as stupid as that strategy is inasmuch as they could have gone to a banquet room at any hotel down the street and finished it
Premeditation isn't always a synonym for good planning.

Portland was a disgrace but it won't be discussed in our history books like the Capital riots which may have supplanted the British burning of the White House in 1812 as a national embarrassment and we have but one man to thank for that wouldn't you agree?
While I think the former IPOTUS whipped them up, the blame falls on the numbnuts who: a) lapped up his bullshit, and b) went and acted a fool.

There have been many studies on the concept of "mob mentality", and 1/6/21 was the perfect storm of slack-jawed dumbassary meets a total lack of regard for anyone/thing meets too many people not heeding the warnings.

While I think the former IPOTUS whipped them up, the blame falls on the numbnuts who: a) lapped up his bullshit, and b) went and acted a fool.
For sure. And the courts have not been sympathetic to the “we were following our leader” defense

There have been many studies on the concept of "mob mentality", and 1/6/21 was the perfect storm of slack-jawed dumbassary meets a total lack of regard for anyone/thing meets too many people not heeding the warnings.
Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he whipped them up into a frenzy causing them to attack the Capital-to "stop the steal".

For sure. And the courts have not been sympathetic to the “we were following our leader” defense
I agree. I just don’t think it was as big of a deal as the lefties. It was a spark of mob insanity that subsided in short order. It wasn’t some prolonged coup attempt with tanks and shit. For most it was a spontaneous act of stupidity.

Again to me the ongoing stolen election was far worse

Trump knew exactly what he was doing when he whipped them up into a frenzy causing them to attack the Capital-to "stop the steal".
I have no doubt that he was playing the long game back when he started talking way before the election that if he lost it would be due to voter fraud.
I also think he thought the crowd reaction would either be a lot worse (government overthrown), or a lot tamer (a bunch of hillbillies yeehawing around playing Dixie until they decided to go away). The worst thing for him was what did happen.

Reactions: Bill4411
I agree. I just don’t think it was as big of a deal as the lefties. It was a spark of mob insanity that subsided in short order. It wasn’t some prolonged coup attempt with tanks and shit. For most it was a spontaneous act of stupidity.

Again to me the ongoing stolen election was far worse
You mean the ongoing myth of the stolen election, right?

I have no doubt that he was playing the long game back when he started talking way before the election that if he lost it would be due to voter fraud.
I also think he thought the crowd reaction would either be a lot worse (government overthrown), or a lot tamer (a bunch of hillbillies yeehawing around playing Dixie until they decided to go away). The worst thing for him was what did happen.
Wait - you think Trump thought there could be a government overthrow?

ADVERTISEMENT