ADVERTISEMENT

Trump riot developments

I never thought I'd have the quandary of deciding whether in not to root for prison ass rapists.
These are people who took time off work, bought plane tickets and hotel nights in DC to attend a riot. I'm not particularly swayed by their economic uncertainty

I should. Trump’s part in Jan 6 is indefensible and he got off far too lightly. He should be forever disqualified from public office - at a minimum.

So did you believe he should have been convicted in his second impeachment? That's the only way that could have been accomplished. (I seriously don't recall where you stood.)

So did you believe he should have been convicted in his second impeachment? That's the only way that could have been accomplished. (I seriously don't recall where you stood.)
I thought the impeachment was a waste of time bc the result was a foregone conclusion. What’s more the process was a partisan sham. It was a “trial” in name only. Why they don’t adopt the fed rules is beyond me. Anyway, my addled brain prevents me from remembering just what his words/actions were to incite the Jan 6 crowd. Regardless, my animus towards him has grown stronger post election with his unrelenting election fraud nonsense. So when I write “his Jan 6 behavior” it’s colored by and tethered to his ongoing behavior

Last edited:
Anyway, my addled brain prevents me from remembering just what his words/actions were to incite the Jan 6 crowd.

The incitement was bad enough. Some will even claim the rhetoric really didn't reach the level of "incitement".

Regardless, his extended silence when everything unfolded is the most telling. He didn't call off the dogs until things had been brought under control and it became apparent the mob wasn't going to be able to stop the proceedings.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
There are major problems on both sides cosmic yet you’re somehow oblivious
You rely on media bullshit

I’ll stick with sworn testimony
I didn’t realize the video of police being beaten with flag poles and fire extinguishers or being crushed between a door by a mob was manipulated. You might want to call the FBI and let them know this

I didn’t realize the video of police being beaten with flag poles and fire extinguishers or being crushed between a door by a mob was manipulated. You might want to call the FBI and let them know this
Come on, Harry. Don't believe your eyes and ears. (Didn't Trump once say something along those lines?).

And, yeah, when someone's out of credible arguments, "it's the media's fault" becomes the default.

Of course I understood that Grover. Half of my friends were in those stupid protest.

But the problem is I call the 6th rioters cretins and you think the BLM rioters are justified.

No grover, i never defended any rioters. I said the same thing as you about most of them being peaceful and most GOPers didn't grasp the concept.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
No grover, i never defended any rioters. I said the same thing as you about most of them being peaceful and most GOPers didn't grasp the concept.
Good. The we agree BLM riots and the Capitol riots don’t represent the best of either party and agree not to start stupid threads about them.

Oops...

Reactions: Crayfish57
The attempted whitewashing of the 1/6 Insurrection is shameful. It will be a permanent stain on the history of this country. And you all damn well know that if it was the other team you would calling for severe consequences.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Some in the GOP/Trump camp continue to downplay and attempt to whitewash the pro-Trump riots of Jan 6. But I read a new article (linked below) on recent developments that I found interesting and thought I'd provide an update since the case has been evolving behind the scenes and there are elements that I was personally unaware of...

So arrests are up to around 440, with the FBI still rounding up new suspects, and the total is expected to exceed 500. On first glance, I would be inclined to assume that meant they were going after the lesser offenders in sort of a "mop up" mode. But in reality they are still looking for what they consider the most dangerous perps, esp those they believe assaulted LEOs (and Press).

In fact, out of the 440 arrested/charged, 60 people are charged with assaulting police. And while I knew a significant amount of cops were attacked, the update lists 140 officers from Capitol Police and DC Metro (combined) as injured. That is far more than I was personally aware of...

The FBI is offering a $100,000 reward for info leading to additional captures, so if anyone has any potential info on the whereabouts of a past poster or two feel free to DM it to me (LOL)...

Two additional issues that piqued my interest...Check out this statement from the FBI website, esp the part I bolded in red...

"The FBI is seeking the public’s assistance in identifying individuals who made unlawful entry into the U.S. Capitol building and committed various other alleged criminal violations, such as destruction of property, assaulting law enforcement personnel, targeting members of the media for assault, and other unlawful conduct, on January 6, 2021, in Washington, D.C.," the FBI says on its website."

When I read that I immediately thought of Trump rallies, and more specifically the vitriolic attacks and verbal assaults Trump continuously launched against media members who were (purposely) housed in a sort of bullpen at his rallies.

co-incidentally a rabid crowd of Trump/DeSantis cultists

An "enlightened" Trumpster attacking a freaking BBC cameraman- wonder what he thinks "BBC" stands for? Biden's Bad Company?

Just an element of the FBI statement I found interesting, in terms of Trump's possible culpability for encouraging events of Jan 6...

Here's some "media" interaction, featuring Jordan Klepper...

Here's something a little more ominous, regarding the planting of pipe bombs the night BEFORE that SPONTANEOUS outpouring of pro-Trump love/support on Jan 6...

I'm thinking these trials are going to be VERY interesting, esp if people turn informant and reveal still unknown secrets...

"if people turn informant and reveal still unknown secrets..."

Secrets like they mysterious appearance of ballots after the counting stopped unexpectedly? Or how close to 100% of the tranches were for Biden?

Reactions: Trump Backing Fool
The big difference to me between the Jan. 6 riots and the left violence in the summer of 2020 is that the leftists had at least a plausible reason to protest (injustice).

What in the world was the equivalent social issue being protested by the privileged, all-white, middle-aged Jan. 6 Capitol rioters/ trespassers?

The violence by both those groups was inexcusable, but it's difficult to see why the Jan. 6 rioters were prompted to do anything at all (except, of course, for claiming that Trump and FoxNews asked them to do it).
Harrassing old people in outdoor cafes is a response to injustice? Interesting perspective.

The 'equivalent social issue' is protesting an election that had many questions about its validity. You know - like when Stacey Abrams complained she was robbed and the Democrats supported her.

It must have been the worst planned coup in history - invade the Capitol with no guns.

To me their ongoing challenge to the validity of the election is far more damaging
Do you think the election was legit, or do you think finding out that it wasn't is more damaging than not knowing they can be illegitimate? I Just wonder which is your stance.

Do you think the election was legit, or do you think finding out that it wasn't is more damaging than not knowing they can be illegitimate? I Just wonder which is your stance.
i'm not sure i understand your question joe, but i believe there were instances of cheating, like in all elections, but i do not believe there was widespread, concerted cheating - at all. i believe this claim is a product of trump's narcissism. and if i'm wrong, and the dems executed a concerted effort to sway the election that yielded an extra 7-10 million votes, i'd say we repubs have bigger problems than i thought bc they're a hell of a lot smarter than us and we'd better figure how to cheat better too.

Last edited:
It must have been the worst planned coup in history - invade the Capitol with no guns.
The results speak for themselves, Einstein. They got in. The first time the Capitol was breached in over 200 years. They threatened to hang the Vice President and got alarmingly close to him before he was moved to safety.

If the mob had started shooting, the Trump riot wouldn't have had a chance. Law enforcement would have returned fire and that would've been the end of it.

"if people turn informant and reveal still unknown secrets..."

Secrets like they mysterious appearance of ballots after the counting stopped unexpectedly? Or how close to 100% of the tranches were for Biden?
What a crock of shit. When do you start telling us that the world is flat, and that humans and dinosaurs co-existed?

What a crock of shit. When do you start telling us that the world is flat, and that humans and dinosaurs co-existed?

What are you talking about? Humans and Dinosaurs did co-exist. Have you not seen the documentary called "The Good Dinosaur" or the documentary called "Caveman" from the 80s?

i'm not sure i understand your question joe, but i believe there were instances of cheating, like in all elections, but i do not believe there was widespread, concerted cheating - at all. i believe this claim is a product of trump's narcissism. and if i'm wrong, and the dems executed a concerted effort to sway the election that yielded an extra 7-10 million votes, i'd say we repubs have bigger problems than i thought bc they're a hell of a lot smarter than us and we'd better figure how to cheat better too.
I'd say you understand the question pretty well actually. I am a little troubled with you saying "we pubs have bigger problems..." though. That makes it sound like a partisan pissing match when in fact it makes us a Banana Republic and America is over. That's a tad more critical than We Pubs have an issue. The pendulum always swings both ways over time.

I'd say you understand the question pretty well actually. I am a little troubled with you saying "we pubs have bigger problems..." though. That makes it sound like a partisan pissing match when in fact it makes us a Banana Republic and America is over. That's a tad more critical than We Pubs have an issue. The pendulum always swings both ways over time.
i don't believe the election was stolen. i don't believe January 6 was an attempt to overthrow the gov.

Having the former guy continue months of lying by claiming the election was stolen is what makes us a banana republic.

Not conceding the election was lost, and storming the Capital with Confederate and Trump flags after over 2 months, several recounts/audits, and multiple court cases tossed. out was the ONLY Banana Republic behavior during the 2020 elections.

This is what a BR looks like...

960x0.jpg

Reactions: largemouth
i don't believe the election was stolen. i don't believe January 6 was an attempt to overthrow the gov.
We agree, on 50% of things.
WAY WAY WAY to much smoke and obstruction on your first point though. Why would anyone obstruct an audit that could totally prove they were effective or capable and are totally vindicated of any (un)intentional wrong doing? Why?
I could understand being totally obstinate to anyone questioning "your" ability/ character/ effectiveness, but in this particular environment, is a total dis-qualifier for those who WE place in positions of public power. .. i.e. SWAMP SLIME.

There's more to this.

WAY WAY WAY to much smoke and obstruction on your first point though. Why would anyone obstruct an audit that could totally prove they were effective or capable and are totally vindicated of any (un)intentional wrong doing? Why?
I could understand being totally obstinate to anyone questioning "your" ability/ character/ effectiveness, but in this particular environment, is a total dis-qualifier for those who WE place in positions of public power. .. i.e. SWAMP SLIME.

There's more to this.

So what was your opinion on collusion with Russia and Trump's multiple attempts to obstruct the investigation?

Btw, who is obstructing any audits? Audits have gone on without anyone finding widespread voter fraud.

• Haha
Harrassing old people in outdoor cafes is a response to injustice? Interesting perspective.

The 'equivalent social issue' is protesting an election that had many questions about its validity. You know - like when Stacey Abrams complained she was robbed and the Democrats supported her.

Hillbilly

Reactions: T.M.P.

There's more to this.
What audit is being obstructed?
The circus in Arizona is not an audit. It's a Right Wing clown show run by a Right Wing clown company with the word Ninja in their title that has never had any experience with election auditing, and is operating with zero credibility.
Is that the audit you think will show how fair the election in Maricopa County was, and is that the "audit" you are whining about? HAHAHAHAHAHA.

There's more to this.
beating-dead-horse-202-gif.7583146

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT