ADVERTISEMENT

Trump riot developments

On the other hand, he did what he said he was going to do and didn't need speechwriters to help him craft his policies. He got the economy roaring, raised real wages for the middle class, brought black unemployment to a record low, shut down an endless war in Afghanistan, checked the Russians in Syria and stopped their aggression in Ukraine, and punished China for patent and copywright theft. I'd say the the 4 years from 2017 to 2021 were better than the Obama years, by far.

But yeah, he sends mean tweets.
You forgot:
1) The virtual bj he gave Putin in Helsinki.
2) "Very fine people" among the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville.
3) "Losers and suckers," and "I don't get it? What was in it for them?"
4) His "perfect" phone call to Ukraine's president.
5) Clearing out peaceful protestors in Lafayette Square with teargas and physical force so he could pose for a photo opp and look like a tough guy.
6) His blizzard of lies about Covid, from the beginning of the pandemic through Election Day.
7) The Big Lie that the election was stolen from him.
8) His January 2 call to Georgia's Secretary of State, pressuring him to change the outcome of Georgia's presidential vote.
9) Undermining public confidence in the cornerstone of democracy - - elections.
10) Inciting an insurrection.

You're as delusional as the guy you worship. I'm sure you and Mas are already prepping for his August "reinstatement."

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You forgot:
5) Clearing out peaceful protestors in Lafayette Square with teargas and physical force so he could pose for a photo opp and look like a tough guy.
6) His blizzard of lies about Covid, from the beginning of the pandemic through Election Day.
8) His January 2 call to Georgia's Secretary of State, pressuring him to change the outcome of Georgia's presidential vote.

You're as delusional as the guy you worship. I'm sure you and Mas are already prepping for his August "reinstatement."
I've only ignored a few posters. Ignoring Dan is by far and away the best decision of them all. No point in arguing with someone who starts with lies and false narratives as their foundation.

You forgot:

And he forgot that Trump campaigned in 2016 on "repealing and replacing" the Affordable Care Act and generally to bring healthcare costs under control and improve the healthcare system for the whole country -- Trump didn't accomplish any of this even with Minion control of both houses of Congress for two years. Getting rid of a $100 ACA penalty for not signing up is insignificant to the financial problems caused by the increases in healthcare costs and lack of insurance coverage of any kind for many people.

He also campaigned on fixing infrastructure, roads and bridges and ditto -- no success even while controlling Congress. I'm not sure he even proposed infrastructure legislation to Congress.

As I look back, I think Trump could have been a very effective politician had he overcome the bad parts of his personality. But he didn't.

Another poster has pointed out several times that current polls show diminished Republican for Trump at present. So it appears DANC is also wrong about the permanence of Trump's support from his base.

Reactions: Bowlmania
And he forgot that Trump campaigned in 2016 on "repealing and replacing" the Affordable Care Act and generally to bring healthcare costs under control and improve the healthcare system for the whole country -- Trump didn't accomplish any of this even with Minion control of both houses of Congress for two years. Getting rid of a $100 ACA penalty for not signing up is insignificant to the financial problems caused by the increases in healthcare costs and lack of insurance coverage of any kind for many people.

He also campaigned on fixing infrastructure, roads and bridges and ditto -- no success even while controlling Congress. I'm not sure he even proposed infrastructure legislation to Congress.

As I look back, I think Trump could have been a very effective politician had he overcome the bad parts of his personality. But he didn't.

Another poster has pointed out several times that current polls show diminished Republican for Trump at present. So it appears DANC is also wrong about the permanence of Trump's support from his base.
Trump did achieve transparency in billing which is beneficial. You address it but lost by many is the importance of addressing/attacking the costs of healthcare. Not who is covered and how much coverage costs but the actual price of care. It’s ridiculous.

I sure the hell dont. It's a message board,not a court of law
Well, you got crayfish and DANC to like your post, so they agree. Although I don't think I've ever personally blocked anyone, the option of doing so or just ignoring my posts is yours to exercise if you want.

When respectable posters start complaining about my posts I might view it as a cause for concern. But responding to falsehoods from the peanut gallery does not equate to viewing their opinion of my response as noteworthy...
I've only ignored a few posters. Ignoring Dan is by far and away the best decision of them all. No point in arguing with someone who starts with lies and false narratives as their foundation.

Well, you got crayfish and DANC to like your post, so they agree. Although I don't think I've ever personally blocked anyone, the option of doing so or just ignoring my posts is yours to exercise if you want.

When respectable posters start complaining about my posts I might view it as a cause for concern. But responding to falsehoods from the peanut gallery does not equate to viewing their opinion of my response as noteworthy...
Still...to say you are long-winded,is a gross understatement. You would probably keep people's attention better if you shortened up the reply. Js

Reactions: DANC

The only posters who are butthurt by the length of your offerings are those who can't read, or don't want to read. I didn't happen to see any "zzzzzzzzz's" after COH's latest thread starter on CRT that was as long, predictable, and interesting as an old fashioned phonebook, from the Algonquin Roundtable of DANC, cray, Floor, 76-1, Lifelong, Jet, Lucy, Crazy, ulrey, Abraxis, and VPM.

Trump did achieve transparency in billing which is beneficial. You address it but lost by many is the importance of addressing/attacking the costs of healthcare. Not who is covered and how much coverage costs but the actual price of care. It’s ridiculous.
Part of the skyrocketing cost is surely the difference between (1) the ridiculously high cost of healthcare even if paid by insurance, medicare etc., and (2) the even higher cost of healthcare when someone has no insurance or Medicare coverage and has to go to a hospital ER for non-emergency treatment, charged at much higher emergency room rates.

I read somewhere that a typical hospital writes off 25-30% of ER billings because of the number of indigents and other uninsured people who go to the ER for non-emergency treatment and then can't/won't pay for it.

One way or another, we all pay for those written-off charges, and I wonder if universal healthcare might be cheaper altogether than a system that allows such hidden, unpaid medical bills.

The only posters who are butthurt by the length of your offerings are those who can't read, or don't want to read. I didn't happen to see any "zzzzzzzzz's" after COH's latest thread starter on CRT that was as long, predictable, and interesting as an old fashioned phonebook, from the Algonquin Roundtable of DANC, cray, Floor, 76-1, Lifelong, Jet, Lucy, Crazy, ulrey, Abraxis, and VPM.

I kindof miss my old, small town phone book where the yellow pages were included all in one.

One of life's special moments was seeing your name listed just like your dad's was. Lol

Part of the skyrocketing cost is surely the difference between (1) the ridiculously high cost of healthcare even if paid by insurance, medicare etc., and (2) the even higher cost of healthcare when someone has no insurance or Medicare coverage and has to go to a hospital ER for non-emergency treatment, charged at much higher emergency room rates.

I read somewhere that a typical hospital writes off 25-30% of ER billings because of the number of indigents and other uninsured people who go to the ER for non-emergency treatment and then can't/won't pay for it.

One way or another, we all pay for those written-off charges, and I wonder if universal healthcare might be cheaper altogether than a system that allows such hidden, unpaid medical bills.
And to make it worse people go to the emergency room as a last resort. So hospitals are writing off the most expensive care for things that could have been handled cheaply if the patient had some form of coverage and could see someone early on when addressing the problem would have been easier.

So it turns out one of the most pressing issues for the Russians in next months summit is
(wait for it)...the mistreatment of the Capitol rioters...

According to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6 are the US equivalent of jailed Russian opposition leader Alexi Navalny and Russia plans to make their persecution an International incident...

It would seem he's taking his cue from that great American Freedom fighter MTG who has alleged in a floor speech that the rioters are being "abused"...

She also wants the "Antifa connection" explored, which as usual makes very little sense to people who deal in reality. The entire extremist/militia network was teeming for weeks with excitement over the prospects of what Jan 6 was going to bring. One of the more ridiculous claims in the whole "Antifa connection" was early pics of QAnon shaman/ crying Vegan Jack Angeli that featured the false claim that he was Antifa...

I'm more interested in the details surrounding her twin sister Lauren Boebert's relationship with a group of 3% ers whose leader was arrested for assaulting a cop at the Capitol insurrection. Robert Gieswein runs a militia called the Woodland Wild Dogs and prior to his arrest, his social media contained several pics displaying his group's relationship with Boebert over the years. Like this one at a rally in Denver on the steps of the CO Capitol in 2019... There was also an earlier pic deleted, which showed him and 3 of his buddies at her restaurant in 2018...

ae9ae4c3-69eb-4005-bc34-2f302e0f3d83_1140x641.png

Credit: Twitter

Obviously, the person who retweeted this got the details wrong. It was not a pic of events on Jan 5 2021 in DC, it wasn't even DC. Like I already mentioned it was a rally at the CO State Capitol in 2019...

Here's a screenshot of Boebert's (now deleted) FB post celebrating events of that day- a protest vs Colorado Red Flag laws...

6a7a5049-a780-4b10-a252-cd84c0480aee_1140x641.png

Credit: Screenshot of Lauren Boebert's Facebook post via Erik Maulbetsch
Screenshot of Lauren Boebert's Facebook post via Erik Maulbetsch

Of course, these accounts are from her pre Congresswoman days, when she was just an ordinary citizen exercising her right to assemble and hang out with anyone she chose to.

But her history as a Congresswoman includes this (cryptic) tweet from Jan 6 at 8 am...

Both the tweet and the caustic replies occurred BEFORE Trump's speech and the riot that ensued. But it's interesting to note that the phrase Boebert tweeted at 8 am was heard repeatedly by people entering the Capitol several hours later...

Maybe we'll get some answers during her testimony in the upcoming inquiry?...

Last edited:

Way too much involved to answer but you have to remember doctors and hospital execs make big bucks. Any gov subsidized universal healthcare would result in drastically lower salaries and that ain’t happening. As for uninsured/underinsured the big managed care outfit here is centene. Last I checked the ceo was pulling in 25 mil a year. Too many making too much money for universal healthcare

So it turns out one of the most pressing issues for the Russians in next months summit is
(wait for it)...the mistreatment of the Capitol rioters...

According to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, the Trump supporters who stormed the Capitol on Jan 6 are the US equivalent of jailed Russian opposition leader Alexi Navalny and Russia plans to make their persecution an International incident...

It would seem he's taking his cue from that great American Freedom fighter MTG who has alleged in a floor speech that the rioters are being "abused"...

She also wants the "Antifa connection" explored, which as usual makes very little sense to people who deal in reality. The entire extremist/militia network was teeming for weeks with excitement over the prospects of what Jan 6 was going to bring. One of the more ridiculous claims in the whole "Antifa connection" was early pics of QAnon shaman/ crying Vegan Jack Angeli that featured the false claim that he was Antifa...

I'm more interested in the details surrounding her twin sister Lauren Boebert's relationship with a group of 3% ers whose leader was arrested for assaulting a cop at the Capitol insurrection. Robert Gieswein runs a militia called the Woodland Wild Dogs and prior to his arrest, his social media contained several pics displaying his group's relationship with Boebert over the years. Like this one at a rally in Denver on the steps of the CO Capitol in 2019... There was also an earlier pic deleted, which showed him and 3 of his buddies at her restaurant in 2018...

ae9ae4c3-69eb-4005-bc34-2f302e0f3d83_1140x641.png

Credit: Twitter

Obviously, the person who retweeted this got the details wrong. It was not a pic of events on Jan 5 2021 in DC, it wasn't even DC. Like I already mentioned it was a rally at the CO State Capitol in 2019...

Here's a screenshot of Boebert's (now deleted) FB post celebrating events of that day- a protest vs Colorado Red Flag laws...

6a7a5049-a780-4b10-a252-cd84c0480aee_1140x641.png

Credit: Screenshot of Lauren Boebert's Facebook post via Erik Maulbetsch
Screenshot of Lauren Boebert's Facebook post via Erik Maulbetsch

Of course, these accounts are from her pre Congresswoman days, when she was just an ordinary citizen exercising her right to assemble and hang out with anyone she chose to.

But her history as a Congresswoman includes this (cryptic) tweet from Jan 6 at 8 am...

Both the tweet and the caustic replies occurred BEFORE Trump's speech and the riot that ensued. But it's interesting to note that the phrase Boebert tweeted at 8 am was heard repeatedly by people entering the Capitol several hours later...

Maybe we'll get some answers during her testimony in the upcoming inquiry?...

Destroy all of your electronic devices

As for uninsured/underinsured the big managed care outfit here is centene. Last I checked the ceo was pulling in 25 mil a year. Too many making too much money for universal healthcare

this reminds of a post someone here made about "administrators". I mean, how many are really necessary and at what cost. I believe the prior post was in reference to school administration (college). Both seem to have WAY too much bloat.

this reminds of a post someone here made about "administrators". I mean, how many are really necessary and at what cost. I believe the prior post was in reference to school administration (college). Both seem to have WAY too much bloat.
My buddy is one of 8,000 vps at centene. Early 40s. Just built a million and a half dollar home. Range Rover and Tahoe. Both new. Going to Europe this summer for vaca. Hospital write offs are the least of our worries in healthcare. The powers that be are making heavy bucks along with the docs

Way too much involved to answer but you have to remember doctors and hospital execs make big bucks. Any gov subsidized universal healthcare would result in drastically lower salaries and that ain’t happening. As for uninsured/underinsured the big managed care outfit here is centene. Last I checked the ceo was pulling in 25 mil a year. Too many making too much money for universal healthcare
I can't remember the last time I was aware of a hospital that wasn't building some brand new, huge expensive building out in the middle of nowhere to stake its turf before some other mega-hospital beat them to the location.

I guess we know how the hospitals are paying for all these monuments.

My buddy is one of 8,000 vps at centene. Early 40s. Just built a million and a half dollar home. Range Rover and Tahoe. Both new. Going to Europe this summer for vaca. Hospital write offs are the least of our worries in healthcare. The powers that be are making heavy bucks along with the docs
It's all about shareholder value. Patient care is a distant second.

Government involvement leads to bloat.
Both in healthcare and education.
And yet some want more govt involvement in both.

Government involvement leads to bloat.
Both in healthcare and education.
And yet some want more govt involvement in both.
I dunno, the private heatlhcare industry has done good all on its own. Seems more like if there is a cash cow, regardless of public vs private, there's going to be people showing up to suck the teat.

I dunno, the private heatlhcare industry has done good all on its own. Seems more like if there is a cash cow, regardless of public vs private, there's going to be people showing up to suck the teat.
Especially when folks are mandated to have health insurance...by the govt.
All of this leads to more "administration" which leads to an increase in costs of services.
I believe price comes down when fewer folks buy your product.

Reactions: DANC
Especially when folks are mandated to have health insurance...by the govt.
All of this leads to more "administration" which leads to an increase in costs of services.
I believe price comes down when fewer folks buy your product.
So let's repeal EMTALA. No insurance, no treatment.

So let's repeal EMTALA. No insurance, no treatment.
That should really be said as no assets no treatment. I agree to a point, but what about car accidents where it is some one elses fault and on the hook? The funny thing is if you don't have insurance a hospital usually settles for a lot less money to pay so what does that say?

That should really be said as no assets no treatment. I agree to a point, but what about car accidents where it is some one elses fault and on the hook? The funny thing is if you don't have insurance a hospital usually settles for a lot less money to pay so what does that say?
The hospital will treat you and put a lien on the car crash case. They love that scenario. They get more under most hospital lien statutes than contractual reimbursements

The hospital will treat you and put a lien on the car crash case. They love that scenario. They get more under most hospital lien statutes than contractual reimbursements
Thankfully never experienced that to know. I do know from a relative a health share can really get a bill lowered when they fight it

Reactions: DANC and mcmurtry66
Hospitals negotiated harder than some lawyers. Just sayin

Thank you for the silly personal attack.

It shows that I'm doing something right and that you don't have anything important to say.
Is that what it shows? Or does it show you have no idea what you're talking about and didn't pass M118.

Yeah, I thought so, Mr. Sensitive.

You forgot:

Congratulations on regurgitating Democrat talking point, i.e. lies.

You're a good little Nazi. Goebbels would be proud of you.

• Haha
Another liar. How did you know who he was respoding to?

Still...to say you are long-winded,is a gross understatement. You would probably keep people's attention better if you shortened up the reply. Js
He can't. He'd have nothing to say if he couldn't cut-and-paste ad nauseum.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you on doctors making less with subsidized health care.

They said the same thing about Medicare and, before Medicare, most doctors lived very modestly. My uncle was chief of staff in a hospital in Indiana and never lived in anything larger than a 3 bedroom ranch.

You can argue the reasons, but doctors - and the health care profession in general - are making WAY more than they did in the 60s, when a lof of the subsidized health care kicked in.

Those Taj Mahal hospitals aren't building themselves.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT