ADVERTISEMENT

Trump riot developments

His strategy is to keep doing what he is doing. His approval rating in Fla is at almost 60 percent.
This is a serious question, albeit possibly dumb...is his high approval rating in Florida affected in any significant way by the fact that a large % of people who are moving down there would already be on board with his policies? Part 2 - does this kind of approval translate to the rest of the country?
Or does it matter?

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This is a serious question, albeit possibly dumb...is his high approval rating in Florida affected in any significant way by the fact that a large % of people who are moving down there would already be on board with his policies? Part 2 - does this kind of approval translate to the rest of the country?
Or does it matter?
As to the first I don't know but my guess is not enough to matter. Politics played a role in people moving down but so too did work from home and the affordability and space Fla provides. For the price of a 1 bedroom apt in manhattan you could get 4/3 3,000 sq ft house in palm beach county in 2020

As for the second part Fla has always been an important barometer state. I do believe his approval rating translates but we will know more in Nov. I sincerely believe that if he beats Crist by 3 or more points he will look at that as a sign. Crist is a big name in Fla. Moderate. Etc.

I'd bet all my bitcoin that DeSantis is the guy. I think more interesting is following Newsom.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
As to the first I don't know but my guess is not enough to matter. Politics played a role in people moving down but so too did work from home and the affordability and space Fla provides. For the price of a 1 bedroom apt in manhattan you could get 4/3 3,000 sq ft house in palm beach county in 2020

As for the second part Fla has always been an important barometer state. I do believe his approval rating translates but we will know more in Nov. I sincerely believe that if he beats Crist by 3 or more points he will look at that as a sign. Crist is a big name in Fla. Moderate. Etc.

I'd bet all my bitcoin that DeSantis is the guy. I think more interesting is following Newsom.
Well, your first answer was a little off, but not enough to matter. I wasn't wondering if people were moving down because of politics, but that the people who were moving down already having the same politics would constitute a big enough block. Either way, your answer is probably the same (not a large enough % to make a difference), but I just wanted to clarify that point.
I would be interested to see the % of favorable respondents who have lived in Florida for 10 years or less.

@mcmurtry66 - edits to post

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Well, your first answer was a little off, but not enough to matter. I wasn't wondering if people were moving down because of politics, but that the people who were moving down already having the same politics would constitute a big enough block. Either way, your answer is probably the same (not a large enough % to make a difference), but I just wanted to clarify that point.
I would be interested to see the % of favorable respondents have lived in Florida for 10 years or less.
Got it. I think it would really be something to see Newsom vs DeSantis. Both in their prime. Polar politics. Massive states. Governance experience. On and on.

I would be interested to see the % of favorable respondents who have lived in Florida for 10 years or less.

@mcmurtry66 - edits to post
Yeah not sure. Tons move out every year too. Those moving in are always NY one then GA and Chicago. Low taxes affordable homes sunshine. Be interesting to see the percentage you note amongst the new New Yorkers and people from Chicago.

DeSantis barely won in 18

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Yeah not sure. Tons move out every year too. Those moving in are always NY one then GA and Chicago. Low taxes affordable homes sunshine. Be interesting to see the percentage you note amongst the new New Yorkers and people from Chicago.

DeSantis barely won in 18
Here's the guy he barely beat. Very different trajectories for those two since 2018.

Here's the guy he barely beat. Very different trajectories for those two since 2018.

No kidding.

Will you consider voting for Trump in 2024? (Sounds like you may have abstained/not voted in 2020.)

I can actually understand why someone voted for Trump in 2020 (Republican ticket, nonstop campaigning on repealing and replacing Obamacare, etc.).

Not sure what Trump's campaign issues will be in 2024, except he'll surely say, "Biden is old and senile, not young and thin and smart like me."
I would not vote for him on a mail in vote. I will up the ante, I never not one time watched his show. He has always been a Yorker to me. I never and mean never watch FOX unless it is to get a look at Maria from her old days on CNBC.

Hats off to Goat and the Rivals owners. In the old days Lagoda or Rockfish would have closed this thread down and my last post would have never been made. Politics is hard ball and you Souther Baptist and Evangelical Johny come lately voters don't need to be driving the train with your one issue agenda. Less is better when it comes to moderating political thoughts.

Sigh.

I was asking Rockport Zebra.

I was not asking you, who obviously intends only to cause disruption in order to prevent Rockport Zebra from expressing his opinion.

You owe Rockport an apology, and I hope Rockport still gives an answer.

Grow up.
Here's what you "asked": "Not sure what Trump's campaign issues will be in 2024, except he'll surely say, "Biden is old and senile, not young and thin and smart like me."

I ridiculed you for that statement, which you richly deserved. Trump will have plenty of campaign issues. Just look around.

Disrupted your question. Lol. Your moronic question? Who cares. He's 43 and can ride a bike and apparently goes to work. Boom. Strategy
He's found a new schtick - "disrupting a question". WTF does that mean? Only he knows - he thinks he's being clever.

ADVERTISEMENT