ADVERTISEMENT

Trump praises Duterte for murderous drug war

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
From The Intercept (linked by Drudge):

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/23...derous-drug-war-you-are-doing-an-amazing-job/

In a phone call from the White House late last month, U.S. President Donald Trump heaped praise on Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, one of the world’s most murderous heads of state, for doing what Trump called an “unbelievable job” in his war on drugs. Trump offered an unqualified endorsement of Duterte’s bloody extermination campaign against suspected drug dealers and users, which has included open calls for extrajudicial murders and promises of pardons and immunity for the killers.

“You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte, according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept. “Keep up the good work,” Trump told Duterte. “You are doing an amazing job.”​

https://theintercept.com/2017/05/23...derous-drug-war-you-are-doing-an-amazing-job/

In a phone call from the White House late last month, U.S. President Donald Trump heaped praise on Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, one of the world’s most murderous heads of state, for doing what Trump called an “unbelievable job” in his war on drugs. Trump offered an unqualified endorsement of Duterte’s bloody extermination campaign against suspected drug dealers and users, which has included open calls for extrajudicial murders and promises of pardons and immunity for the killers.

“You are a good man,” Trump told Duterte, according to an official transcript of the April 29 call produced by the Philippine Department of Foreign Affairs and obtained by The Intercept. “Keep up the good work,” Trump told Duterte. “You are doing an amazing job.”​
Trump likes torture too..it's a perfect way to get confessions. We'll see how much that same philosophy holds up as the Russian investigation proceeds.

Trump likes torture too..it's a perfect way to get confessions. We'll see how much that same philosophy holds up as the Russian investigation proceeds.

Trump is a tough guy... or so he likes to project.

The worst torture for me would be locked into a cell and having Trump's collection of infomercials blare out, 24/7. I would tell anyone my deepest darkest secrets within a hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrHoops

He's an amazing hit man. The best hit man. We have the bet hit men as allies...it's beautiful.

He's an amazing hit man. The best hit man. We have the bet hit men as allies...it's beautiful.

The sad thing is that Filipinos love him or those I have met so far -- both the work and educated class. (They look back at Marcos fondly too.) But less see how long it last.

The sick man of Asia, Philippines is really mentally ill.

The sad thing is that Filipinos love him or those I have met so far -- both the work and educated class. (They look back at Marcos fondly too.) But less see how long it last.

The sick man of Asia, Philippines is really mentally ill.

That's my experience too with filipinos. Sorta the same as Trump supporters.

I wonder why that is? There have been so many bloody conflicts there over the years is the only thing I can imagine.

I feel like everyone else in that area of the world are such sweet people. Well, China not so much, but they're not terrible.

That's my experience too with filipinos. Sorta the same as Trump supporters.

I wonder why that is? There have been so many bloody conflicts there over the years is the only thing I can imagine.

I feel like everyone else in that area of the world are such sweet people. Well, China not so much, but they're not terrible.

I always think Filipinos are very child emotionally like. So they like paternal figures.

They rarely like to upset anyone and so the person so can upset people (and lead), they like. I have never had to manage a team there -- those I have met there are pleasant but others who have tell me its a nightmare.

I dont like China either -- crude, nuevo-riche, overly/unrealistically ambitious and parochial. (And I am Chinese but of the immigrant/overseas variety.)

oh they are sweet ppl from my experience... Just they are zealous about Duterte like trump supporters are about trump. Perhaps even more so. Guess the strongman dirty talk appeals to them. Neither group can be reasoned with. In the phils they are apparently the majority. Rich, poor, doesn't matter.

Plus a lot of them think he's cracking down hard on drugs, which they consider a huge problem. And they don't even mind the killings. Bit odd considering they are religious catholics.

I always think Filipinos are very child emotionally like. So they like paternal figures.

They rarely like to upset anyone and so the person so can upset people (and lead), they like. I have never had to manage a team there -- those I have met there are pleasant but others who have tell me its a nightmare.

I dont like China either -- crude, nuevo-riche, overly/unrealistically ambitious and parochial. (And I am Chinese but of the immigrant/overseas variety.)

I've only had generally positive experiences with both groups. There are good and bad apples everywhere. One of the few times ive ever experienced true racial hatred was in China however. A small city by chinese standards called luoyang. By small i mean a few million. Anyhow i went out to a nightclub with a chinese girlfriend of mine at the time, and a couple locals wanted to beat me into a pulp because i was stealing one of their chinese girls. I can't remember ever feeling such racial hatred directed toward myself. The guy even pulled out a knife at one point near the entrance, but the security held him. Btw, the irony if the situation was that she was from Beijing so they could barely even communicate due to dialect differences. I also experienced the worst flooding of my life, while visiting the longmen grottoes and was forced to walk in chest high roads of water. Interesting times.

Are the folks you talk to from Manila? The people I know well are in Cebu and they aren't big fans. They agree that the gangsters need to be addressed, but his methods have drawn some vitriol there. I think they'd vote for Manny in a heartbeat though. :>)

I've only had generally positive experiences with both groups. There are good and bad apples everywhere. One of the few times ive ever experienced true racial hatred was in China however. A small city by chinese standards called luoyang. By small i mean a few million. Anyhow i went out to a nightclub with a chinese girlfriend of mine at the time, and a couple locals wanted to beat me into a pulp because i was stealing one of their chinese girls. I can't remember ever feeling such racial hatred directed toward myself. The guy even pulled out a knife at one point near the entrance, but the security held him. Btw, the irony if the situation was that she was from Beijing so they could barely even communicate due to dialect differences. I also experienced the worst flooding of my life, while visiting the longmen grottoes and was forced to walk in chest high roads of water. Interesting times.

What were you doing there? NGO?

These guys are everywhere -- I have had quite a few uncomfortable moments in that state called Indiana especially in the smaller towns. Ironically I would have been ok if I was by myself if past experiences are anything to go by.

Are the folks you talk to from Manila? The people I know well are in Cebu and they aren't big fans. They agree that the gangsters need to be addressed, but his methods have drawn some vitriol there. I think they'd vote for Manny in a heartbeat though. :>)

No. These are mainly Filipinos who are based here in Singapore and are from different parts of Philippines. And truth be told, they are mainly female. ;)

These guys are everywhere -- I have had quite a few uncomfortable moments in that state called Indiana especially in the smaller towns. Ironically I would have been ok if I was by myself if past experiences are anything to go by.

Utah, Slovakia, South Africa, or Guatemala...you can find idiots who want to fight for stupid reasons most everywhere.

No. These are mainly Filipinos who are based here in Singapore and are from different parts of Philippines. And truth be told, they are mainly female. ;)

That's interesting. Most of the people I know are male. I wonder if there is a reason behind gender more than region. Cebu has been hit pretty hard by both the traffickers and Duterte.

simple tourist. Yea just as a white guy in america i had never experienced that kind of hatred to such a level. I've traveled a lot, and maybe one other time experienced such vitriol hatred.
Utah, Slovakia, South Africa, or Guatemala...you can find idiots who want to fight for stupid reasons most everywhere.

ofc. Just normally not out of pure racial hatred.at least from my experience.

That's interesting. Most of the people I know are male. I wonder if there is a reason behind gender more than region. Cebu has been hit pretty hard by both the traffickers and Duterte.

Without stereotyping, the Filipino men have a very entitled attitude to life. The women are the hard-working, enterprising ones -- who probably like to clean up their society (probably symbolised by their lazy, drunkard husbands) and kick some ass as they clearly have run out of gum.

ive met/know mostly filipino males and they are virtually all pro duterte. Im fairly certain he is generally popualr right now, except for filipino human rights circles.

simple tourist. Yea just as a white guy in america i had never experienced that kind of hatred to such a level. I've traveled a lot, and maybe one other time experienced such vitriol hatred.

ofc. Just normally not out of pure racial hatred.at least from my experience.

Thats why its critical for people to do cultural, student exchanges -- to live your entire life as a majority race/culture/religion only makes you less tolerant and not develop empathy.

I always think that the most critical skill-set for millennial kids in the corporate world especially one that is increasingly globalised and require travelling -- working across cultures. That trickles downstream into communications, and managing people and objectives.

Reactions: toastedbread
Who needs enemies when you have friends like this:

Trump chastises fellow NATO members, demands they meet payment obligations

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-told-in-brussels-that-west-should-focus-on-values-not-only-interests/2017/05/25/7aa1865c-40cd-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trumptrip-9am:homepage/story&utm_term=.4b801356f972

These are the same people (NATO) plus the Aussies/Kiwis, who scarified their own kids to go to war in Afghanistan after 9/11 without hesitation -- and yet Trump treats them like business partners.

Yet he is so respectful towards the dictators of the world. (My suspicions are that they will most likely be his customers for Trump Organisation at some stage.)

Its disgusting.

Last edited:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-told-in-brussels-that-west-should-focus-on-values-not-only-interests/2017/05/25/7aa1865c-40cd-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html?hpid=hp_rhp-top-table-main_trumptrip-9am:homepage/story&utm_term=.4b801356f972

These are the same people (NATO) plus the Aussies/Kiwis, who scarified their own kids to go to war in Afghanistan after 9/11 without hesitation and yet Trump treats them like business partners.

Yet he is so respectful towards the dictators of the word. (My suspicions are that they will most likely be his customers for Trump Organisation at some stage.)

Its disgusting.

thwy already are trump customers...

And didn't Trump give out more intel in that conversation, when he discussed the placement of our submarines?

I know there is nothing I can do to stop it, but I feel absolutely humiliated by that man. Our country is a laughing stock. The fact that he gave NATO members the COMPLETLEY uninformed "you owe us money!" speech is unsettling in that he doesn't even understand the agreement we have in place with NATO members. 2% of GDP by 2024! No one owes us jack...but Trump and his imbecile supporters either can't or won't come to grips with it.

The jumping in front of Montenegro's president at the photo op, the attempted out handshaking of Macron at their 1st one on one meeting, the strange Vatican visit, the leaking of details about The Manchester attack....calling Germany "very bad, very bad"

Complete and utter humiliation. Putin got his money's worth and more. Trump is destroying NATO and doing literally everything on Putin's 'to do' list. It's shocking.

Congratulations America!!!

Meanwhile, Obama gave a speech in Berlin today that drew 70,000 people:

These are the same people (NATO) plus the Aussies/Kiwis, who scarified their own kids to go to war in Afghanistan after 9/11 without hesitation -- and yet Trump treats them like business partners.

Yet he is so respectful towards the dictators of the world. (My suspicions are that they will most likely be his customers for Trump Organisation at some stage.)

Its disgusting.

Last edited:
Reactions: sglowrider
I know there is. Itching I can do to stop it, but I feel absolutely humiliated by that man. Our country is a laughing stock. The fact that he gave NATO members the COMPLETLEY uninformed "you owe us money!" speech is unsettling in that he doesn't even understand the agreement we have with NATO members.

The jumping in front of Montenegro's president at the photo op, the attempted out handshaking Macron at their meeting, the strange Vatican visit, the leaking of details about The Manchester attack....calling Germany "very bad, very bad"

Utter humiliation. Putin got his money's worth and more. He's destroying NATO and doing literally everything on Putin's to do list.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...of-thousands-in-berlin?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Trump is just a figurehead.

NATO isn't NATO without the U.S. So they'll pay us lip service throughout Trump's tenure; they have to, their survival practically depends upon it(maybe a little dramatic).

He's not an embedded Russina. Only idiots believe that.

Good for Barry O. I'm sure he'll make some nice coin in retirement. Same kind of stuff he criticized the the Clintons for Pre-2008.

Reactions: 76-1 and Lucy01
Trump is just a figurehead.

NATO isn't NATO without the U.S. So they'll pay us lip service throughout Trump's tenure; they have to, their survival practically depends upon it(maybe a little dramatic).

He's not an embedded Russina. Only idiots believe that.

Good for Barry O. I'm sure he'll make some nice coin in retirement. Same kind of stuff he criticized the the Clintons for Pre-2008.

You're clearly a low information voter.

I know there is nothing I can do to stop it, but I feel absolutely humiliated by that man. Our country is a laughing stock. The fact that he gave NATO members the COMPLETLEY uninformed "you owe us money!" speech is unsettling in that he doesn't even understand the agreement we have in place with NATO members. 2% of GDP by 2024! No one owes us jack...but Trump and his imbecile supporters either can't or won't come to grips with it.

The jumping in front of Montenegro's president at the photo op, the attempted out handshaking of Macron at their 1st one on one meeting, the strange Vatican visit, the leaking of details about The Manchester attack....calling Germany "very bad, very bad"

Complete and utter humiliation. Putin got his money's worth and more. Trump is destroying NATO and doing literally everything on Putin's 'to do' list. It's shocking.

It's hard to tell if it's an OBama speech or a Trump protest. Brussels had a pretty decent crowd out protesting.

He reminds me of some kid who just graduated from Ivy Tech but is now put in charge of an Ivy league school.

Probably some of both, but I'm sure Trump isn't happy about it...which makes me happy.

It's hard to tell if it's an OBama speech or a Trump protest. Brussels had a pretty decent crowd out protesting.

Duterte praises Trump, calls him a deep thinker
US President Donald Trump couldn't have been a billionaire if he were stupid, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte says

DOHA, Qatar – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte praised US President Donald Trump as a "realist" deep thinker, saying Trump couldn't have been a billionaire if he were stupid.

"Trump is a realist, a pragmatic thinker," Duterte said in his meeting with the Filipino community in Qatar that started 6 pm on Saturday, April 15 in Doha (11 pm in Manila).

"Akala mo lang puro, you know, pareho kami 'yung pakunwari lang na 'pag binastos diyan ganu'n magsalita. Pero hindi nila alam nag – 'yung si Trump lang nag-iisip nang malalim 'yan," the President said.

(You just think that, you know, both of us pretend that if we're insulted, we speak that way. But they don't know that in the case of Trump, he thinks deeply.)

"Hindi 'yan maging bilyonaryo (Trump wouldn't become a billionaire if he were stupid)," he added.

Referring to the Trump Tower that is 68 floors high in New York, Duterte said, "Kita mo 'yung building niya? Paano ka maging bobo?" (Have you seen his building? How can he be stupid?)

"Totoo. Si Trump, malalim 'yan, kunwari lang. Kasi pareha ko, hindi man ako talagang bright na bright," he said before a laughing crowd. (That's true. Trump is a deep man, he just pretends otherwise. Like me, I'm not really very bright.)

Mimicking Trump, Duterte recounted his phone conversation with the US leader late in 2016. Duterte said Trump told him, "You are doing it right."

Duterte earlier said he and Trump remain on good terms, in stark contrast to his relationship with Trump's predecessor, Barack Obama, who had criticized Duterte's war on drugs.

Both known for their controversial language, Duterte has been branded the Trump of the East while Trump has been called the Duterte of the West. – Rappler.com

http://www.rappler.com/nation/167068-duterte-praises-trump-calls-him-deep-thinker

Reactions: Bill4411
Duterte praises Trump, calls him a deep thinker
US President Donald Trump couldn't have been a billionaire if he were stupid, Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte says

DOHA, Qatar – Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte praised US President Donald Trump as a "realist" deep thinker, saying Trump couldn't have been a billionaire if he were stupid.

"Trump is a realist, a pragmatic thinker," Duterte said in his meeting with the Filipino community in Qatar that started 6 pm on Saturday, April 15 in Doha (11 pm in Manila).

"Akala mo lang puro, you know, pareho kami 'yung pakunwari lang na 'pag binastos diyan ganu'n magsalita. Pero hindi nila alam nag – 'yung si Trump lang nag-iisip nang malalim 'yan," the President said.

(You just think that, you know, both of us pretend that if we're insulted, we speak that way. But they don't know that in the case of Trump, he thinks deeply.)

"Hindi 'yan maging bilyonaryo (Trump wouldn't become a billionaire if he were stupid)," he added.

Referring to the Trump Tower that is 68 floors high in New York, Duterte said, "Kita mo 'yung building niya? Paano ka maging bobo?" (Have you seen his building? How can he be stupid?)

"Totoo. Si Trump, malalim 'yan, kunwari lang. Kasi pareha ko, hindi man ako talagang bright na bright," he said before a laughing crowd. (That's true. Trump is a deep man, he just pretends otherwise. Like me, I'm not really very bright.)

Mimicking Trump, Duterte recounted his phone conversation with the US leader late in 2016. Duterte said Trump told him, "You are doing it right."

Duterte earlier said he and Trump remain on good terms, in stark contrast to his relationship with Trump's predecessor, Barack Obama, who had criticized Duterte's war on drugs.

Both known for their controversial language, Duterte has been branded the Trump of the East while Trump has been called the Duterte of the West. – Rappler.com

http://www.rappler.com/nation/167068-duterte-praises-trump-calls-him-deep-thinker
Hitler and Mussolini were great admirers of one another too, at least for awhile.

Reactions: sglowrider

aaa.png

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT