ADVERTISEMENT

Trump permanently banned from Twitter

Echo chamber

cake

Reactions: UncleMark
Please tell me you aren't going to claim this is about free speech.

No, but one thing Twitter argues is that they absolutely are not the Press and there is a big reason for that. The Press is responsible for everything they print, if you want to say Twitter is the Press, they got a TON of lawsuits heading their way.

No, but one thing Twitter argues is that they absolutely are not the Press and there is a big reason for that. The Press is responsible for everything they print, if you want to say Twitter is the Press, they got a TON of lawsuits heading their way.

Lawsuits for what?

If they are going to be held liable in the future, than they are gonna have to crack down much harder than they have to date.

I kind of hope it happens, as social media under its current form is destroying the country.

As a liberal, I couldn’t be more thrilled that trump gets his voice muted. Yet seeing google and Apple et al trying to knock down conservative voices is nevertheless disturbing to me.

As a liberal, I couldn’t be more thrilled that trump gets his voice muted. Yet seeing google and Apple et al trying to knock down conservative voices is nevertheless disturbing to me.

Trump doesn’t bother me as much. As others have said his actions this week really make it hard to feel sorry for him in any way.

What happens the next time Ben Shapiro says something controversial? Ted Cruz? Etc.

That’s what should scare people.

Reactions: Crayfish57
Twitter can obviously do whatever they want, but let’s not pretend like one of the largest communication platforms in the world isn’t wiping their ass with the essence of the 1st amendment.

If you think it stops with Trump and Q’anon you are a naive child.
Start your own platform Cletus.

giphy.gif

Lawsuits for what?

If they are going to be held liable in the future, than they are gonna have to crack down much harder than they have to date.

I kind of hope it happens, as social media under its current form is destroying the country.

Read through the posts again. I said IF Twitter is the Press (and they say they are not but Uncle Mark said they were the Press) they would be responsible for what they "publish". They are not and Teitter argues they are not because that would open them up to defending a bunch of lawsuits for stuff they "publish" on their forum.

Now, I think it is interesting the glee you all are having in "punishing" your political rivals and driving them to the dark areas of the internet to lick their wounds. That always ends well.

Back to your purging fellows.

Reactions: HooDatGuy
Agree. Slippery slope. Having said that, some of these far right sites promoting violence scare me. Any site for that matter.

Not to be a drama queen, but what the hell kind of world are we leaving our kids?

Start your own platform Cletus.

giphy.gif

Like Parler? Apple is currently trying to smother that in the womb.

I always shook off anti-trust complaints with visions of smokestacks and the Industrial Revolution in my head, thinking it could never be relevant today.

I need to reflect.

Reactions: stollcpa
They're not "conservatives" they're whack jobs...

Reactions: StelioKontos
Agree. Slippery slope. Having said that, some of these far right sites promoting violence scare me. Any site for that matter.

Not to be a drama queen, but what the hell kind of world are we leaving our kids?
Be objective. Have we learned anything from history?

Like Parler? Apple is currently trying to smother that in the womb.

I always shook off anti-trust complaints with visions of smokestacks and the Industrial Revolution in my head, thinking it could never be relevant today.

I need to reflect.

Parler is literally being used to plan violence over the next two weeks. You can still access it on the web on Apple and google phones or on any computer. You can still use the app if it’s already installed. I think they’re not going nearly far enough here, this would be a pretty incompetent job of smothering.

They're not "conservatives" they're whack jobs...

Hm. Yeah, probably so. I prefer to keep the whack jobs out in the open. If they’re causing harm, Of course lock that shit down. Wholesale muting seems a few steps too far.

I just think some form of guardrails are likely to be required for platforms that have such huge impact/ influence on society. How that works and what it looks like, is a very complicated question.

I'd personally prefer all the crazies be pushed into the dark corners. They are a virus, and quarantines are the best way to defeat it.... or at least not let it exponentially multiply.

Just don't post stuff that even softly advocates violence, or spread absurd conspiracies.... and you aren't going to be "de-platformed".

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I just think some form of guardrails are likely to be required for platforms that have such huge impact/ influence on society. How that works and what it looks like, is a very complicated question.

I'd personally prefer all the crazies be pushed into the dark corners. They are a virus, and quarantines are the best way to defeat it.... or at least not let it exponentially multiply.

Just don't post stuff that even softly advocates violence, or spread absurd conspiracies.... and you aren't going to be "de-platformed".

Agreed. I wonder how many of the people screaming today had a problem with radical Islamic videos being removed from youtube to try to limit the ability of those groups to radicalize others over the internet.

Reactions: Bill4411 and Fro

Gonna beat yo ass

I really doubt that Facebook and Twitter want to ban anyone, especially someone with the Twitter audience of Trump.

But how do you manage hate and violent speech?

Supposedly there are people like Mas sending out communication about another uprising on the 17th.

Then there are those that are mumbles about attacking on the 20th with Trump not being there, therefore it's an easy target of 'enemies'.

How do you manage it when your app is an organizing tool?

Do you think all of those people on Wednesday shared email addresses? No, it was organized and communicated using social media.

If another attack is being planned, maybe it's best to shut the thing down for the moment, hate speech be dammed.

Social Distance Social Media!

We could make t-shirts!!

sorry. Couldn’t help myself

Reactions: Crayfish57
Just because I own a giant megaphone in my yard that people can hear 100 miles away doesn’t mean everyone gets to use it.

This is not a free speech issue at all. Trump can get a giant megaphone for himself or use someone else’s megaphone. My megaphone, my rules.

The grown ups are actually having an interesting discussion about the outsized influence of social media and how/ if it should be regulated.

You need to go chase your tail somewhere because this thread is not for you.

They are? I missed it. I saw yet another horseshit argument about the 1st amendment.

As long as they don’t ban Melania. A girl’s gotta make a living.

He's way ahead of the curve...

Last edited:
They will hunker down as Parler is going offline in 45 minutes from now....

Guess they'll move over to Gab to prepare their next move.

They're also just realizing that using a crappy app that most decent software engineers wouldn't work on is going to bite them. It turns out that even deleted posts can easily be accessed and some folks figured that out and have spent today pulling all the media uploaded to Parler to make it available to law enforcement and as a record of what happened.

Reactions: Bill4411
I know @Mas-sa-suta usually keeps us up to date with the latest Q news, but what we've got so far is

*Pope Arrested
*Trump has inacted Insurrection Act
*All but roughly 100 Congress members will be arrested by the military
*Trump will begin a second term on 20th
*Flynn will be VP
*All social media will be pulled down. As will most forms of communication, Trump will communicate via the emergency broadcast system

Mas can fill us in on what I've missed.

I know @Mas-sa-suta usually keeps us up to date with the latest Q news, but what we've got so far is

*Pope Arrested
*Trump has inacted Insurrection Act
*All but roughly 100 Congress members will be arrested by the military
*Trump will begin a second term on 20th
*Flynn will be VP
*All social media will be pulled down. As will most forms of communication, Trump will communicate via the emergency broadcast system

Mas can fill us in on what I've missed.

Surprised that the vaccine hasn't been mentioned? DNA altering gay jabs by the Deep State?

• Haha
Reactions: TommyCracker
Are you saying that the WSG is free to ignore the column I just sent over! What about my freedom of speech?

ADVERTISEMENT