ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is losing it over Russia investigation

I'm not so much upset about Trump pretending to pray. It's the so-called Christian leaders who can't get enough of him that make me ill.

No kidding.

He goes exactly opposite of everything their fairy tale teaches yet they are his strongest supporters.

Of course, the vast majority of them cherry-pick the parts they like and ignore the rest so it isn't that much of a surprise.

Reactions: meridian
No kidding.

He goes exactly opposite of everything their fairy tale teaches yet they are his strongest supporters.

Of course, the vast majority of them cherry-pick the parts they like and ignore the rest so it isn't that much of a surprise.

The thing I've always liked is you can have 20 people read a bible verse and you'll get 100 different interpretations. People can't even agree with themselves.

This is a serious issue, I think. I wonder what is the cause? I can think of two obvious explanations:

1. They aren't actually "real"* Christians, just backwards paleowhatevers hiding behind the Bible.
2. Abortion, abortion, abortion. Support the pro-life party, and look the other way for everything else, as hard as it can be at times.

Which do you think is more likely, or do you have an even better alternative?

* I hate that term, but I use it on purpose here, even while recognizing its limitations and problems.
It's number 2 and I'd add marriage equality to that except they'd call it gay marriage.

The thing I've always liked is you can have 20 people read a bible verse and you'll get 100 different interpretations. People can't even agree with themselves.

Very true.

What amazes me the most is how they think the Bible says, "God hates gay people" every other sentence even though it didn't make his Top 10 list and barely mentions it at all.

He also talked about helping the poor more than everything else combined yet they think the poor should rot in the streets so billionaires can have more mansions.

Reactions: meridian
It's number 2 and I'd add marriage equality to that except they'd call it gay marriage.

I've always asked them: "If marriage is as SACRED as you claim, when are you going to outlaw divorce? Also, are you going to outlaw the drive-thru weddings in Vegas with the Elvis impersonators because that cheapens the entire thing?"

Never get an answer......

I've always asked them: "If marriage is as SACRED as you claim, when are you going to outlaw divorce? Also, are you going to outlaw the drive-thru weddings in Vegas with the Elvis impersonators because that cheapens the entire thing?"

Never get an answer......

Now we even have tv shows where heterosexual people get married without ever having met. But two homosexual people who know and love each other have to fight in order to get married because marriage is so sacred. Looks like marriage is really just a reward for being born straight.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Now we even have tv shows where heterosexual people get married without ever having met. But two homosexual people who know and love each other have to fight in order to get married because marriage is so sacred. Looks like marriage is really just a reward for being born straight.

try being in an interracial gay relationship...

I can tell you from experience being in a straight interracial relationship is difficult.

Really? I never thought inter-racial relationships especially when race isnt that big issue after a couple of years. If you are still talking about race after 2 years into the relationship, then you have a problem. Its about people and whether they are compatible by then.

An inter-religious relationship like Christain/Muslim or Jewish/Muslim would be infinitely more complex.

try being in an interracial gay relationship...

I read somewhere where the taste/demographic/physical preferences in gay relationships are similar to straight eg older would be hunting for younger men (like younger women with middle age men); some like their men to be tan or buff etc just like the straight ones who like their women in similar physique.

Really? I never thought inter-racial relationships especially when race isnt that big issue after a couple of years. If you are still talking about race after 2 years into the relationship, then you have a problem. Its about people and whether they are compatible by then.

An inter-religious relationship like Christain/Muslim or Jewish/Muslim would be infinitely more complex.

I didn't have difficulty with the other person. It was the comments and reactions of idiots in public. Or the extremely weird/inappropriate questions people would ask.

inter-religious, gay, interracial relationship :p

I read somewhere where the taste/demographic/physical preferences in gay relationships are similar to straight eg older would be hunting for younger men (like younger women with middle age men); some like their men to be tan or buff etc just like the straight ones who like their women in similar physique.

i honestly have no idea, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I didn't have difficulty with the other person. It was the comments and reactions of idiots in public. Or the extremely weird/inappropriate questions people would ask.
At least they didn't ask if that young chick you were with was your daughter.
Went to our local bar with my wife
last night. Locals started shouting "pedophile!" and
other names at me, just because my wife is 24 and
I'm 50. It completely spoiled our 10th anniversary.

WaPo now reporting that Trump Sr. actually dictated Jr.'s response about the Russian meeting that was a lie.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT