ADVERTISEMENT

Trump is losing it over Russia investigation

iu_a_att

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 20, 2001
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5fd8e0c288f_story.html?utm_term=.5b4db45e0383

President Trump has a new morning ritual. Around 6:30 a.m. on many days — before all the network news shows have come on the air — he gets on the phone with a member of his outside legal team to chew over all things Russia.

The calls — detailed by three senior White House officials — are part strategy consultation and part presidential venting session, during which Trump’s lawyers and public-relations gurus take turns reviewing the latest headlines with him. They also devise their plan for battling his avowed enemies: the special counsel leading the Russia investigation; the “fake news” media chronicling it; and, in some instances, the president’s own Justice Department overseeing the probe.

His advisers have encouraged the calls — which the early-to-rise Trump takes from his private quarters in the White House residence — in hopes that he can compartmentalize the widening Russia investigation. By the time the president arrives for work in the Oval Office, the thinking goes, he will no longer be consumed by the Russia probe that he complains hangs over his presidency like a darkening cloud.
It rarely works, however. Asked whether the tactic was effective, one top White House adviser paused for several seconds and then just laughed.

MV5BMTk2NjI5NzgwNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDc4NTA1OTE@._V1_UY268_CR36,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Reactions: RBB89 and DrHoops
https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...5fd8e0c288f_story.html?utm_term=.5b4db45e0383

President Trump has a new morning ritual. Around 6:30 a.m. on many days — before all the network news shows have come on the air — he gets on the phone with a member of his outside legal team to chew over all things Russia.

The calls — detailed by three senior White House officials — are part strategy consultation and part presidential venting session, during which Trump’s lawyers and public-relations gurus take turns reviewing the latest headlines with him. They also devise their plan for battling his avowed enemies: the special counsel leading the Russia investigation; the “fake news” media chronicling it; and, in some instances, the president’s own Justice Department overseeing the probe.

His advisers have encouraged the calls — which the early-to-rise Trump takes from his private quarters in the White House residence — in hopes that he can compartmentalize the widening Russia investigation. By the time the president arrives for work in the Oval Office, the thinking goes, he will no longer be consumed by the Russia probe that he complains hangs over his presidency like a darkening cloud.
It rarely works, however. Asked whether the tactic was effective, one top White House adviser paused for several seconds and then just laughed.

I predict that his staff will become less and less competent as folks realize who they work for and leave eventually.

And the bar was pretty damn low to begin with- and a huge number of jobs not only haven't been filled, but nominations haven't even been submitted. And in places like the state department, that's not just poor management, it's downright dangerous to our country.

The most clueless administration, maybe ever. And it'll get worse. I don't see how it can get better when everything is done at the quirky whim of one guy. And not a very smart one at that, with bad judgment and horrible personality flaws.

I just hope and pray there is never an opportunity for him to use the nuclear football device. The man is unhinged, and doesn't seek to realize acting like a pissed off 3 year old just won't work in his current role. It's like he's lived in an alternate universe all these years, and is unable to deviate from his previous behavior.

And yet, 35% of the country will support him no matter what. The movie "idiocracy" is happening right before our very eyes ("leave me alone! Baitin'!).

Trump is manic and always has been. The only moment-to-moment question is the target of his mania. Keeping him manically focused on his own ass is the key to Democrats foiling him.

Sleep deprivation will eventually cave him in.

Reactions: meridian
Trump is manic and always has been. The only moment-to-moment question is the target of his mania. Keeping him manically focused on his own ass is the key to Democrats foiling him.

Sleep deprivation will eventually cave him in.

People with dementia tend to sleep sporadically. Other odd behaviors can include eating KFC with a knife and fork.

not T! :lol:

Yo Prez T!!

Slowly sliding into madness like some old king.

Yes, Hillary is allowed to "collude" with a party of which she has been a member of for decades while Bernie only called himself one out of convenience. I like Bernie, but you can't join a political party and expect to be its leader right away.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
Yes, Hillary is allowed to "collude" with a party of which she has been a member of for decades while Bernie only called himself one out of convenience. I like Bernie, but you can't join a political party and expect to be its leader right away.
I backed him in the primary but his time in the party spotlight is over. He's still an independent and not a Democrat now which is disappointing. Democrats have to move past the old men and women and find some fresh faces for 2020.

Reactions: largemouth

not T! :lol:

Yo Prez T!!

Slowly sliding into madness like some old king.
This is kind of a big deal. Until recently, Trump has adamantly denied that there was any attempt by the Russians to meddle in the election. Now that he's clearly admitted what our intelligence agencies have said all along, I wonder how many of his supporters won't get the memo and will still deny any Russian interference. My guess is that number is still depressingly/relatively large.

When all fails, call in the troops - the Illuminati.

Yeah, he's worried. They've gone full bore "laying on of hands" in the Oval... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yeah, he's worried. They've gone full bore "laying on of hands" in the Oval... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I say this as a practicing Catholic who is trying to instill good, Christian/Catholic values in my kids...that is a strange photo to put out and my first inclination is that he is trying way too hard.

With that said, I can't wait to see some of my evangelical friends post this photo and talk about how refreshing it is

Reactions: DougS
I say this as a practicing Catholic who is trying to instill good, Christian/Catholic values in my kids...that is a strange photo to put out and my first inclination is that he is trying way too hard.

With that said, I can't wait to see some of my evangelical friends post this photo and talk about how refreshing it is
I cannot like this post enough times. My thoughts exactly.

Reactions: Ohio Guy
I cannot like this post enough times. My thoughts exactly.
I almost posted it on my facebook feed with the caption, 'oh no! Trump was attacked this morning in the Oval Office by a herd of zombies!" but decided against it.

This photo will cement the evangelicals into place. How could you not vote for such a humble, pious man?

Reactions: Ohio Guy

Does it get any more hypocritical than that? That buffoon has not seen the inside of church before becoming president for prayer in decades. Celebrity weddings, his own weddings, etc, sure, what a phony, but the righties eat that shyte up..esp Pence an "evangelical" catholic whatever that is.

Does it get any more hypocritical than that? That buffoon has not seen the inside of church before becoming president for prayer in decades. Celebrity weddings, his own weddings, etc, sure, what a phony, but the righties eat that shyte up..esp Pence an "evangelical" catholic whatever that is.

main-qimg-c946d5ba3ef1e8669aa655f23305a8c3-c

Trump doesn't even know what protestant means, let alone presbytarian.. This is Trump talking to two presbytarian ministers earlier this year.

“I did very, very well with evangelicals in the polls,” Trump interjected in the middle of the conversation — previously unreported comments that were described to me by both pastors.

They gently reminded Trump that neither of them was an evangelical.

“Well, what are you then?” Trump asked.

They explained they were mainline Protestants, the same Christian tradition in which Trump, a self-described Presbyterian, was raised and claims membership. Like many mainline pastors, they told the President-elect, they lead diverse congregations.

Trump nodded along, then posed another question to the two men: “But you’re all Christians?”

“Yes, we’re all Christians.” :rolleyes:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friend...erian-ministers-are-presbyterians-christians/

Last edited:
It's "Made in America" week.

Doesn't Trump see the irony in this as some people might say that the whole Trump presidency was manufactured abroad?

...never mind the Trump Vodka, ties, shoes etc.

Reactions: RBB89
This photo will cement the evangelicals into place. How could you not vote for such a humble, pious man?
I won't make fun of people that do this because it's common in many black churches and not just white evangelical ones. I've seen it many times in my mother's church. I don't personally believe in this kind of thing because I'm not much of a Christian but lots of good people do. If I made fun of my mother doing it she'd beat my a$$. ;)

I won't make fun of people that do this because it's common in many black churches and not just white evangelical ones. I've seen it many times in my mother's church. I don't personally believe in this kind of thing because I'm not much of a Christian but lots of good people do. If I made fun of my mother doing it she'd beat my a$$. ;)

I actually wasn't making fun of the act itself

I've participated in these things.
We don't use it for a photo op.

I've participated in these things.
We don't use it for a photo op.
Meh! It looks like a cell phone picture and they're everywhere now. Trump does a lot of things that deserve much criticism and this just isn't important in comparison to those. I have a lot of things to say about Trump but I have to hold myself back from saying most of them! :mad:

Meh! It looks like a cell phone picture and they're everywhere now. Trump does a lot of things that deserve much criticism and this just isn't important in comparison to those. I have a lot of things to say about Trump but I have to hold myself back from saying most of them! :mad:
I'm not so much upset about Trump pretending to pray. It's the so-called Christian leaders who can't get enough of him that make me ill.

I'm not so much upset about Trump pretending to pray. It's the so-called Christian leaders who can't get enough of him that make me ill.
This is a serious issue, I think. I wonder what is the cause? I can think of two obvious explanations:

1. They aren't actually "real"* Christians, just backwards paleowhatevers hiding behind the Bible.
2. Abortion, abortion, abortion. Support the pro-life party, and look the other way for everything else, as hard as it can be at times.

Which do you think is more likely, or do you have an even better alternative?

* I hate that term, but I use it on purpose here, even while recognizing its limitations and problems.

This is a serious issue, I think. I wonder what is the cause? I can think of two obvious explanations:

1. They aren't actually "real"* Christians, just backwards paleowhatevers hiding behind the Bible.
2. Abortion, abortion, abortion. Support the pro-life party, and look the other way for everything else, as hard as it can be at times.

* I hate that term, but I use it on purpose here, even while recognizing its limitations and problems.
There is a blog you might like to follow, called "WonderingEagle". The writer is a Christian who has a long-running faith crisis that is on-going. After reading his posts about corruption in an EFree church that happens to be in my back yard (literally) we had him over a couple of weeks ago for dinner and a conversation. He linked a couple of Washington Post articles today - one by an ex member of the Pat Robertson cult, that you might find interesting. They both touch on the subject. He doesn't write particularly well, which is odd because he is an intelligent guy. He also has an agenda.

As to your question - I think that the religious right has been "Focused on the Family" if you will, for the last four decades at least. My brother read a book, the title of which escapes me, that indicates it goes back much further, to the thirties and even before.

I rather suspect that if abortion was a practice limited to non-whites that the Dobson crowd would not be nearly so concerned with it. Similarly, if they could keep white churches straight, they would not be as concerned with family values. But, as you know, these things are just as Rmpant inside the church as out, so they need to bolster their defenses by putting a nation around the church. If nonwhites and non Christians "benefit", they consider it an outreach.

The rest of it is that these guys have gotten close to power and they like it. And they are corrupted by it.

Regarding #2, a lot of the religious wingnuts I know are absolutely, positively one issue voters. A candidate could say "I promise I'll start a worldwide nuclear war right after I'm sworn in, but I'm against abortion." They'll line right up to vote for them because they are "pro life".

Regarding #2, a lot of the religious wingnuts I know are absolutely, positively one issue voters. A candidate could say "I promise I'll start a worldwide nuclear war right after I'm sworn in, but I'm against abortion." They'll line right up to vote for them because they are "pro life".
It won't surprise me if that's the result.

Unfortunately, you find these sort of hypocrites in most religions -- though to be fair, they are less sanctimonious about it in the media.

Does he not know that by bringing up the Russia investigation, he only keeps it in the discussion? Thought he was some media genius?

Does he not know that by bringing up the Russia investigation, he only keeps it in the discussion? Thought he was some media genius?

The conspiracy theory is that he intentionally does stuff to take attention off McConnell's 12th dimensional health care chess or whatever else is going on.

I think he's just lashing out randomly based on what he watches on Fake News & Friends

ADVERTISEMENT