ADVERTISEMENT

Trump in Asia -- what could possibly go wrong?

I'm waiting for him to pull a Gurriel while he's there.

Except Gurriel actually apologized (sincerely) and expressed remorse.Plenty of other far more adamant racists for Trump to model,and embarrass all of us even further...

I want to see if Japanese diplomats crack a smile if and when Trump pulls his head out of his ass.

My money is on a joint presser in which he goes off script: "I just want to say how great it is to visit the Orientals. Orientals are fine people. Just the best. And really smart. You have to be smart to figure out how to use chopsticks. I mean, I can do it, I use them better than anyone. Except Orientals, of course. They're the experts."

My money is on a joint presser in which he goes off script: "I just want to say how great it is to visit the Orientals. Orientals are fine people. Just the best. And really smart. You have to be smart to figure out how to use chopsticks. I mean, I can do it, I use them better than anyone. Except Orientals, of course. They're the experts."
My money is on him getting them mixed up. You know, Chinese, Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese... they all look alike.

Reactions: RBB89
And then he'll start talking about the beautiful Oriental rugs he has and how much they cost.

Maybe he'll say, "I can't eat with sticks and twigs."
I read where they passed on his food preferences and said something like Trump likes simple foods, like steak, meat, potatos, etc. Honestly don't even know if it was satire or not. I'll bet he doesn't like much of the food from other countries.

.... And the Oriental women... they all love me...they are so tight... anyway I digress. I had a friend who visited Ho Chi Min a few years back... the women... man...they were world class beauties..

I read where they passed on his food preferences and said something like Trump likes simple foods, like steak, meat, potatos, etc. Honestly don't even know if it was satire or not. I'll bet he doesn't like much of the food from other countries.
tboth5goctvz.jpg

Reactions: twenty02 and RBB89
Trump to Japan: Build cars in the US instead of shipping them over
http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-cars-in-the-us-instead-of-shipping-them-over
"Try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over,” Trump said at an event with Japanese business executives, according to a pool report.
“That's not rude?” he added.
Trump added that “Japan has been winning” when it comes to trade deals with the U.S.
“I have to say that for the last many decades, Japan has been winning. And you do know that,” Trump said.

Fact:

Japan's big 3 automakers built more cars in U.S. than Detroit 3 last year

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbu...-big-3-automakers-built-more-cars-in-u-s.html
Three out of every four Japanese cars and trucks sold in the U.S. are built in North America.

Moral of the story:

052a3e8daca02f6c4402a8925b60ebf9.jpg

23376342_1695563287169403_4970695452415323738_n.jpg

Last edited:
Well, thankfully he asked the Japanese prime minister to start building cars in the USA....I am surprised no-one has ever thought of this before. Smartest Prez evaaaarrrr!

'I bet nobody knew this but...'

I wonder if he will claim the US-based Japanese car factories as a retroactive 'win' for him? Why not I say.. his supporters are as ignorant as him to believe him.

It's like his knowledge of America is stuck in a time warp circa 1970.

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-cars-in-the-us-instead-of-shipping-them-over

Fact:

https://www.bizjournals.com/columbu...-big-3-automakers-built-more-cars-in-u-s.html

Moral of the story:

While it is impossible to pick a winner, that comment by Trump ranks in the top-10 of the dumbest things he has said...well, at least the top-10 for this month.

Reactions: twenty02
While it is impossible to pick a winner, that comment by Trump ranks in the top-10 of the dumbest things he has said...well, at least the top-10 for this month.

Dunno man.. This cars thing is harmless albeit a reflection of his ignorance. His lack of empathy is much scarier:

Reactions: meridian
Let's hope Trump's advice is so good, the Japanese decide to keep him.

Reactions: meridian

Fact:

Moral of the story:

Trump's twitter followers don't know Japanese cars are already built here. Trump knows who his audience is. He couldn't care less about what any Japanese think.

It's ironic that Trump campaigned as a non-politician but he's actually the purist politician there ever was. Every last breath he takes is designed to garner votes and absolutely nothing else.

Trump's twitter followers don't know Japanese cars are already built here. Trump knows who his audience is. He couldn't care less about what any Japanese think.
Most if not all Japanese nameplate factories are located in the heart of Trump country. (Three right here in Indiana.) That he doesn't realize that is flabbergasting.

Most if not all Japanese nameplate factories are located in the heart of Trump country. (Three right here in Indiana.) That he doesn't realize that is flabbergasting.
Maybe his followers think Toyota, Honda, Mazda, .. are American companies. After all, they are spelled in English, er, American.;)

Last edited:
Reactions: clayman1963
That's the point. For the most part, they are. He's the one that doesn't seem to grasp that.

Maybe this might be the statement of dumbness that eventually cracks that 'veneer of greatness' that they have of him. The Reagan democrats who voted for him.

Maybe this might be the statement of dumbness that eventually cracks that 'veneer of greatness' that they have of him. The Reagan democrats who voted for him.
I doubt it. Besides, they're all driving Civics and Camrys now.

I doubt it. Besides, they're all driving Civics and Camrys now.

Good ol' 2nd Generation American cars.

Btw in the article, his logic on trade made no sense as per normal. He wants the Japanese to build the cars where the customers are ie. in America. Yet, he wants the Japanese to buy more American products incl military equipment -- so by to his logic, shouldn't the American companies open up factories in Japan too for that?

Interestingly, the 'great negotiator' seems to only know those 'I win' type deals (rather than the normal 'win-win' ones) which anyone knows are either rare or scams.

Good ol' 2nd Generation American cars.

Btw in the article, his logic on trade made no sense as per normal. He wants the Japanese to build the cars where the customers are ie. in America. Yet, he wants the Japanese to buy more American products incl military equipment -- so by to his logic, shouldn't the American companies open up factories in Japan too for that?

Interestingly, the 'great negotiator' seems to only know those 'I win' type deals (rather than the normal 'win-win' ones) which anyone knows are either rare or scams.
We have many weapons systems deals with Japan where they build all or part of the systems in Japan. Japan has more restrictions on US imports than we do in Japanese imports. It’s not one way, and both countries are doing what they believe is in their national interests.

We have many weapons systems deals with Japan where they build all or part of the systems in Japan. Japan has more restrictions on US imports than we do in Japanese imports. It’s not one way, and both countries are doing what they believe is in their national interests.

Here's Trump's full quote. Of course, the boards liberals, knowing only what they read in the leftists shit holes disguised as media outlets don't see the truth. They just blindly repeat the lies of MSNBC and CNN, et al.

This one, amazingly was printed in WAPO. So, try the truth instead of those lies.

"When you want to build your auto plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. When you want to expand your plants, you will have your approvals almost immediately. And in the room, we have a couple of the great folks from two of the biggest auto companies in the world that are building new plants and doing expansions of other plants. And you know who you are, and I want to just thank you very much. I want to thank you.

I also want to recognize the business leaders in the room whose confidence in the United States — they've been creating jobs — you have such confidence in the United States, and you've been creating jobs for our country for a long, long time. Several Japanese automobile industry firms have been really doing a job. And we love it when you build cars — if you're a Japanese firm, we love it — try building your cars in the United States instead of shipping them over. Is that possible to ask? That's not rude. Is that rude? I don't think so. (Laughter.) If you could build them. But I must say, Toyota and Mazda — where are you? Are you here, anybody? Toyota? Mazda? I thought so. Oh, I thought that was you. That's big stuff. Congratulations. Come on, let me shake your hand. (Applause.) They're going to invest $1.6 billion in building a new manufacturing plant, which will create as many as 4,000 new jobs in the United States. Thank you very much. Appreciate it."

ADVERTISEMENT