ADVERTISEMENT

Trump has successfully destroyed our Republic

We have, right now, credible assassination threats vs.
Biden
Harris
Pelosi
Schumer

We have credible threats of armed violence and bomb threats vs. all 50 state capitals and vs. DC.

And you worry about "nutjobs" on the LEFT?

I understand the need to whatabout, but this is a different subject focused on the future.

Hope this helps

I understand the need to whatabout, but this is a different subject focused on the future.

Hope this helps
You're complaining about outside shooter's whatabouts?

He merely pointed out that there are currently existing hurdles we have to get past before we can get to your whatabouts.

Middle of the road my ass . . . you're fully ensconced over on the far right wing of the GOP.

Biden himself won't. The question is how much damage will the leftist nutjobs do?

If he can't keep them in check the Dems get boat raced in the midterms and the smart ones know it.

Damage to cities: Primarily depends on whether cops and protesters can control themselves.
Damage to country: Trump and his administration may have damaged it beyond repair.

He merely pointed out that there are currently existing hurdles we have to get past before we can get to your whatabouts.

Middle of the road my ass . . . you're fully ensconced over on the far right wing of the GOP.

Some can speak about different subjects at the same time.

I understand your current state, but there are other things to discuss.

I understand that as a moderate I am right of the current giddy hysteria here but with all due respect...you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.

While everyone is arguing about just how insane all this is, people are failing to notice that our relief that Trump is apparently being neutered is proof that he has succeeded in ending responsible government in America as it has been known. The Vice President had to okay the deployment of the National Guard because the President wouldn't do it. He's not allowed to do that. Defense officials have assured the Speaker of the House that there are procedures in place to prevent Trump from launching some crazy military attack, including but not limited to a nuclear strike. They aren't allowed to do that. We have reached the point where our governing officials have had to bypass the legal machinations of the executive in order to protect our nation from its own leader. They aren't allowed to do that. America the ideal may live on, but the brick and mortar structure of our government has been destroyed.
Goat, I have known you on this board for a long time, going back to when you finished law school. Having lived through the eras of LBJ and Nixon, I think that you may have overthought this. I appreciate and respect your desire to be protective of our country and our democracy, but I disagree with your emotional suggestion that the structure of our government has been destroyed. Please take a hard look at "destroyed" and take another look at whether we continue to have Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches. Also, please let me know whether the IRS, the Immigration & Naturalization Service, and the Customs Service have been destroyed.

I can see this sort of discussions will feature a lot in the next coming years.

The Right Trumpist highlighting and complaining about the failures of the Left Rest of the Country -- when they themselves had enabled their own Party guy in doing the thing when in the WH/Senate that the Left Rest of the Country had highlighted.

Reactions: larsIU
Goat, I have known you on this board for a long time, going back to when you finished law school. Having lived through the eras of LBJ and Nixon, I think that you may have overthought this. I appreciate and respect your desire to be protective of our country and our democracy, but I disagree with your emotional suggestion that the structure of our government has been destroyed. Please take a hard look at "destroyed" and take another look at whether we continue to have Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches. Also, please let me know whether the IRS, the Immigration & Naturalization Service, and the Customs Service have been destroyed.
Pence merely stepped in where Trump abdicated his duties.

IUXC, you might be old enough to remember when Al Haig said that he was in charge in the wake of the Reagan assassination attempt back in '81 . . . my take is that good teammates cover for their guy when the other guy is down for some reason.

Goat's technically correct from a technical legal process stand point, but his point is (IMO) more pedantic than pragmatic. If we can survive Al Haig in '81, then Pence making a call to bring in National Guard troops is no big deal . . . Pence was just doing what a good teammate does.

Biden himself won't. The question is how much damage will the leftist nutjobs do?

If he can't keep them in check the Dems get boat raced in the midterms and the smart ones know it.
The right would have been better served if it had worried instead about what Trump actually did and said over the past four years and did something to correct it.

Fabricating what you claim Biden and the Democrats are going to do in the future (which you can't possibly know) is just another way to deflect attention and consequences away from what Trump actually did in the past.

The right lost the elections and lost control of the Trump base by letting Trump do whatever he wanted. I can understand that you're not happy, but you did this to yourselves.

Ultimately the Republican Party is going to have it very tough moving forward. A recent poll shows 45% of republicans support storming the Capital and just 43% oppose. How can you define the party with this kind of extreme division?

This is surprising to me ... I have been a moderate republican for a long time and I have yet to talk with someone who
supports what happened. That said, I typically avoid the batshit crazy :)

This is surprising to me ... I have been a moderate republican for a long time and I have yet to talk with someone who
supports what happened. That said, I typically avoid the batshit crazy :)
You don't live in Haralson County, Georgia, do you?

Hopefully you've got a lot of years to watch . . . . 🖖

Well, me too.
I'm not trying to argue with you but I think it will be quite some time before a large segment of the population gets over all that has happened over the last few months.

Those that have swallowed Trump's, Hawley's, Cruz's, etc. lies are not changing their beliefs any time soon.
Beliefs is the proper word. Some think Trump was appointed/anointed by god.

Some can speak about different subjects at the same time.

I understand your current state, but there are other things to discuss.

I understand that as a moderate I am right of the current giddy hysteria here but with all due respect...you have no ****ing idea what you are talking about.

Ok rightwing nut

You don't live in Haralson County, Georgia, do you?

Definitely not ... I absolutely hate what I see in our country, but this has been the path we have been on for a while and it is just manifesting itself.

It feels like the left loved poking fun at GWB (so did I frankly), but it was pretty docile ... then right extremists found their voice during the Obama years and we saw that intensify with Trump. So here we are ... further fractured by rhetoric and I am hopeful Biden can begin the work to restore some civility.

Lack of respect, reason and a willingness to listen and adjust ones opinion leads to what we see in America today.

I’m dismayed by it ... but still a believer in America and the human decency I will choose to be a part of.

Pence merely stepped in where Trump abdicated his duties.

IUXC, you might be old enough to remember when Al Haig said that he was in charge in the wake of the Reagan assassination attempt back in '81 . . . my take is that good teammates cover for their guy when the other guy is down for some reason.

Goat's technically correct from a technical legal process stand point, but his point is (IMO) more pedantic than pragmatic. If we can survive Al Haig in '81, then Pence making a call to bring in National Guard troops is no big deal . . . Pence was just doing what a good teammate does.
Well said and well thought out. And, I do remember Al Haig's "in charge" thought.

Reactions: IUAPEX
Where did Trump tell people to do violence? It is the Left who has been ho hum on violence over this last summer of love. Trump was telling people to protest. And when it got violent he told them to stop, go home etc. The Left has never told Antifa and BLM to stop anything. Cuomo on CNN even said, "who said protests have to be peaceful?"
How can anyone be as dumb as you are? How?

Well, me too.
I'm not trying to argue with you but I think it will be quite some time before a large segment of the population gets over all that has happened over the last few months.

Those that have swallowed Trump's, Hawley's, Cruz's, etc. lies are not changing their beliefs any time soon.
Beliefs is the proper word. Some think Trump was appointed/anointed by god.
A large part of the population thinks they were not particularly affected by the riot at the Capitol -- to them that was just something on TV.

However, if Trump's riotous faithful follows through this week by taking over several statehouses or governor's mansions, those things would happen real close to home, with news coverage from local media and local people directly suffering expense, injury and inconvenience. That might be enough to start them thinking about what the right is really doing.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
You once told me not to engage with him because he is a troll. Hard to resist isn't it?
No I told you not to waste time making posts in earnest. Point and laughing at the imbecile is fully warranted, acceptable and a public service. If his parents and teachers would have told him how dumb he ws and informed him not to speak then we wouldn't have to ..

Seriously, this guy must be the most gullible and dumbest rube of all time .. How can anyone be so f**king stupid?

Last edited:
If I were to make up a fake account and post the exact, firmly-held views of VPM, there is no way that anyone would believe that my posts were serious. That level of abject dullardness is too hard to imagine to exist.

If I were to make up a fake account and post the exact, firmly-held views of VPM, there is no way that anyone would believe that my posts were serious. That level of abject dullardness is too hard to imagine to exist.
But MTIOTF has been giving him a run for his money lately.

Reactions: iuwclurker
But MTIOTF has been giving him a run for his money lately.

giphy.gif

And he's got a wife and kids that are as dumb as he is or really, really embarrassed.

Last edited:
We have, right now, credible assassination threats vs.
Biden
Harris
Pelosi
Schumer

We have credible threats of armed violence and bomb threats vs. all 50 state capitals and vs. DC.

And you worry about "nutjobs" on the LEFT?
If these are credible threats, are they not being followed by appropriate law enforcement authorities?

There it is! If you’re not far left, you’re far right. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. People in the middle are not the problem, the far left & far right are. Shameful...

There it is! If you’re not far left, you’re far right. PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE THE PROBLEM. People in the middle are not the problem, the far left & far right are. Shameful...
Do you consider yourself in the middle? This sounds like classic projection, as you come across as someone that thinks anyone to the left of Attila the Hun is “far left”.

Do you consider yourself in the middle? This sounds like classic projection, as you come across as someone that thinks anyone to the left of Attila the Hun is “far left”.

He is like courtsense apparently and wants to pretend the far right is actually the middle.

Reactions: Morrison
You don’t have the correct perspective to accurately judge my political leaning, but yes, based on where I fall on issues & how I voted, do consider myself in the middle. Your post sounds like shame dumping. Wanna trade more amateurish Psych101 insults?

You don’t have the correct perspective to accurately judge my political leaning, but yes, based on where I fall on issues & how I voted, do consider myself in the middle. Your post sounds like shame dumping. Wanna trade more amateurish Psych101 insults?
Sorry if I offended. I wasn’t “shame dumping”, as I’m not even sure what that is. 😊

No I told you not to waste time making posts in earnest. Point and laughing at the imbecile is fully warranted, acceptable and a public service. If his parents and teachers would have told him how dumb he ws and informed him not to speak then we wouldn't have to ..

Seriously, this guy must be the most gullible and dumbest rube of all time .. How can anyone be so f**king stupid?
Don’t think, believe your preacher.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT