Trump fires Comey

UncleMark

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2001
Breaking news just now @ 5:48 pm EDT.

This is going to go downhill quick.

Shades of the Nixon Massacre.

We are being run by the most corrupt regime in the history of this country. The republican party in congress is willing to sacrifice our democracy. Traitors. All of them.
Well, how many bungled moves is Comey going to be allotted? He's surely used up his supply.

I say good riddance. Now he can be wide open on the Russia investigation in the right forums.

Reactions: Cajun54
Well, how many bungled moves is Comey going to be allotted? He's surely used up his supply.

I say good riddance. Now he can be wide open on the Russia investigation in the right forums.

He was recommended fired by Jeff Sessions. Who was supposed to recuse himself from the Russia investigation? Yesterday's theater shows the GOP has no interest in exploring the collusion during the campaign. This is rotten as hell.

Reactions: plaxico80
He was recommended fired by Jeff Sessions. Who was supposed to recuse himself from the Russia investigation? Yesterday's theater shows the GOP has no interest in exploring the collusion during the campaign. This is rotten as hell.
What are you going to do about it?

Is this the same Comey that every Democrat wanted fired 6 months ago? Just curious.

But it's all right now, I learned my lesson well.
You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself ......

Frankly, I was surprised that Trump held him over to begin with.....although that's not unusual for this position.

FTR, I just read yesterday where the FBI is about to do a mea culpa on the Huma Abedin/Anthony Weiner laptop emails....essentially saying that they (and that is to say Comey) were wrong about Abedin having forwarded thousands of emails (some classified) to Weiner. I haven't read up on this yet, but that could be the straw that broke the camel's back here.

I'm pretty sure that would require retracting Congressional testimony.

If nothing else, this frees Comey up to spill his guts....look at it that way.

Frankly, I was surprised that Trump held him over to begin with.....although that's not unusual for this position.

FTR, I just read yesterday where the FBI is about to do a mea culpa on the Huma Abedin/Anthony Weiner laptop emails....essentially saying that they (and that is to say Comey) was wrong about Abedin having forwarded thousands of emails (some classified) to Weiner. I haven't read up on this yet, but that could be the straw that broke the camel's back here.

Yep. That is likely one of the reasons why.

If nothing else, this frees Comey up to spill his guts....look at it that way.

No it doesn't. He is not any more free to talk about things than he was yesterday.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
We are being run by the most corrupt regime in the history of this country. The republican party in congress is willing to sacrifice our democracy. Traitors. All of them.
You throw that "traitor" accusation around like it's as easy to find traitors as it is to find water in the ocean. You cheapen the word enough to make it worthless.

Is this the same Comey that every Democrat wanted fired 6 months ago? Just curious.

I liked Comey a lot at one time. But I think he really messed up the whole Hillary matter with his "no reasonable prosecutor " nonsense. I thought Feinstein worked him over pretty effectively last week. I am surprised that any Democrat sees a problem with cutting him loose.

My memory is fading but I seem to recall Nixon firing somebody (Archbald Cox? William Ruckelshaus?), which backfired on him. Or was it somebody else? Right now, I am doing something else and don't have the time to check the details.

Is this going to be known as Monday Night Massacre?:rolleyes:

Yep. That is likely one of the reasons why.

No it doesn't. He is not any more free to talk about things than he was yesterday.

Under penalty of what?

Outside of national security issues, is he not free to speak his mind, further explain his actions and thoughts and subject himself to interviews? I'd love to know more about the Clinton-Lynch Tarmac rendezvous.

Comey was RIGHT about Clinton e-mails being on Weiner's computer.

He was WRONG about how they got there.

They were not "forwarded" - they were "saved to the cloud" or backed up or whatever through his computer.

Fairly meaningless difference.

He should have indicted Clinton instead of implying an "intent" element into the law that was never there. Let the system work. If a jury lets her off, so be it. But don't ignore the process because she is a rich ruling-class member.

They both deserved what they got.
She deserved to lose the election for lying.
He deserved to get fired for politicizing legal questions.

I wish he and Clinton and Lerner and Holder all shared a cell.

You throw that "traitor" accusation around like it's as easy to find traitors as it is to find water in the ocean. You cheapen the word enough to make it worthless.
Yeah I agree. I'm pretty sure we're up in the dozens now of people he's accused of treason.

While partisan ridiculousness permeates our discourse, it's hardly unreasonable to say Comey long ago used up all his allotted bungles (as ranger opined) and also find it troublesome that Trump (who's been fine with all of that) cuts Comey loose amid a potential investigation.

But nothing is shocking about Trump. He's an ignoramus and a buffoon, so typical rules of reason don't apply.

While partisan ridiculousness permeates our discourse, it's hardly unreasonable to say Comey long ago used up all his allotted bungles (as ranger opined) and also find it troublesome that Trump (who's been fine with all of that) cuts Comey loose amid a potential investigation.
The stated reasons for the firing are laughable. No matter how bumbling he may have been, Comey was not one to care about the political ramifications of his investigations. And for that reason, he had to go.

Reactions: MrBing

But nothing is shocking about Trump. He's an ignoramus and a buffoon, so typical rules of reason don't apply.
Finally, a reasonable non-hot take.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
He needs to get together with Lee Corso for a couple beers.
Hell Trump already pulled a Corso with the ridiculous preemptive healthcare celebration, similar to the infamous 3-0 scoreboard team photo at Ohio Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT