ADVERTISEMENT

Trump continues to lie and scapegoat Michigan. Wonder why? DWS...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Trump is threatening to cut off aid to MI (and NV) because he claims they are "running a scam" to promote illegal voter fraud.

Of course, as usual, he's lying...And people have no problem pointing that out...

Now here's the thing, and if you live in Indiana and watch tv, then you know this is true. The
(GOP controlled)state of Indiana is doing EXACTLY the same thing. They have been running PSAs directing people to go to the website and apply for an APPLICATION for an absentee ballot (tomorrow is the deadline) ahead of the May 2 Primary.

However, before I even requested an application on the website,I actually received an application from the GOP Sec of State IN THE MAIL last week- the same EXACT thing Michigan's Dem Sec of State is doing...

The Difference- Trump is a lying bastage AND Michigan is a battleground state, as is NV. And by tweeting an idle threat Trump is once again ginning up the claims of "voter fraud" among the illiterate elements of his base (a large portion of his twitter twerps) who take every lie he tells at face value.

As an aside- he attacks Gretchen Whitmer so much, there's got to be an underlying psychotic reason. Maybe he hit on her (when she was 13) and she threatened to call the cops and tell them she was being sexually harassed by a cartoon character? I mean he's carrying this obsession to beyond freakish limits...

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-threatening-ukraine-michigan-because-155200920.html

Reactions: sglowrider
As an aside- he attacks Gretchen Whitmer so much, there's got to be an underlying psychotic reason. Maybe he hit on her (when she was 13) and she threatened to call the cops and tell them she was being sexually harassed by a cartoon character? I mean he's carrying this obsession to beyond freakish limits...
Powerful Democratic women who refuse to even take him seriously really stick in his craw. I'm sure it's worse with Whitmer, seeing as she's kinda hotish in a MILFy sort of way.

Reactions: cosmickid
This administration is so corrupt that Trump doesn’t try and hide it. Instead, he tweets the corruption. And all those Obamagate/Flynn truthers will show their hypocrisy by not even caring.

Lying Kaleigh caught at what she does Best. Lying...

Trump is threatening to cut off aid to MI (and NV) because he claims they are "running a scam" to promote illegal voter fraud.

Of course, as usual, he's lying...And people have no problem pointing that out...

Now here's the thing, and if you live in Indiana and watch tv, then you know this is true. The
(GOP controlled)state of Indiana is doing EXACTLY the same thing. They have been running PSAs directing people to go to the website and apply for an APPLICATION for an absentee ballot (tomorrow is the deadline) ahead of the May 2 Primary.

However, before I even requested an application on the website,I actually received an application from the GOP Sec of State IN THE MAIL last week- the same EXACT thing Michigan's Dem Sec of State is doing...

The Difference- Trump is a lying bastage AND Michigan is a battleground state, as is NV. And by tweeting an idle threat Trump is once again ginning up the claims of "voter fraud" among the illiterate elements of his base (a large portion of his twitter twerps) who take every lie he tells at face value.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/trump-threatening-ukraine-michigan-because-155200920.html

For a group of people that's soooo obsessed with the thought of freedom, it's incredibly strange how things like this have been allowed to go on for so long.

Voting is one of the most fundamental aspects of freedom yet you barely hear any outcry over how the government time and time again manipulates the ability for many to vote.

You wonder why Trump lies?
The answer is quite simple; It's his nature. He is born a liar. Nothing he can do about it.
But then, 50% of Americans are born suckers, which is the reason why Trump was elected and still is the president.

Last edited:
I don't think she herself is lying.
The role of a press secretary is conveying her bosses' lies!

That's true to a point. But as Brian Cohen points out, over the course of the video she lies about things she actually said earlier in the video. Watch his commentary again, if you don't see what I'm talking about...

That's true to a point. But as Brian Cohen points out, over the course of the video she lies about things she actually said earlier in the video. Watch his commentary again, if you don't see what I'm talking about...
Look at it this way. Why do you think he hired her?

It is often the case that the cowards often come back with incidentals when down on logic and/or facts.Thank you for the compliment! I appreciate it.

huh? I wasn’t complimenting you. I was saying he hired her cause she’s hot and can string a sentence together

Bump for @UncleMark

I get that the optics might not look right to some people, but her comms director's quote from your link seems reasonable:

“In the past six months she has left the state three times, once for the inauguration, once to assist her elderly father who is battling a chronic illness, and once to visit with Michigan’s National Guard troops. All trips were very brief, two full days or less, closely followed public health guidelines, and were made when Michigan’s daily positivity rate was in the low single digits,”

I don't really have a dog in this fight; I just feel like it's much ado about nothing. She can implement state safety measures while also traveling safely.

Reactions: outside shooter
I get that the optics might not look right to some people, but her comms director's quote from your link seems reasonable:

“In the past six months she has left the state three times, once for the inauguration, once to assist her elderly father who is battling a chronic illness, and once to visit with Michigan’s National Guard troops. All trips were very brief, two full days or less, closely followed public health guidelines, and were made when Michigan’s daily positivity rate was in the low single digits,”

I don't really have a dog in this fight; I just feel like it's much ado about nothing. She can implement state safety measures while also traveling safely.

I think it is more of the:

Whitmer has also asked residents to voluntarily forgo travel in press conferences at various points throughout the pandemic, including for Christmas.

Whatever Michigan is doing is just plain wrong. Their rate of infection, hospitalization rate, and ICU rate is the same today as it was at the worst back at the end of 2020. That despite so many already having been infected and so many having had shots (especially the elderly). The state didn't want more restrictions, they got that, and now their 7-day COVID hospitalization rate is 4100+ https://www.covidactnow.org/us/michigan-mi/?s=1763684.

Whatever Michigan is doing is just plain wrong. Their rate of infection, hospitalization rate, and ICU rate is the same today as it was at the worst back at the end of 2020. That despite so many already having been infected and so many having had shots (especially the elderly). The state didn't want more restrictions, they got that, and now their 7-day COVID hospitalization rate is 4100+ https://www.covidactnow.org/us/michigan-mi/?s=1763684.

How quickly the turntables

In fairness, I don't think she's entirely at fault or to blame. But, the virus is going to run its course.

How quickly the turntables

In fairness, I don't think she's entirely at fault or to blame. But, the virus is going to run its course.

It seems fairly obvious that these variants are reacting regionally, the same way the original virus did. Ohio and Michigan are currently being hit particularly hard, IN and IL are up as well.

I think the sunbelt is likely going to experience their own revival as well,and I wonder how much returning spring breakers have led to the problems in the upper midwest. I watch enough National news to know that a lot of folks in places like FL and Texas (not named DeSantis and Abbott) are alarmed by what they are seeing...

Speaking of Michigan, one of the states most infamous personalities (Ted Nugent) just announced he's come down with the "hoax" and that for the past 10 days he's felt like he was going to die. I'm really not surprised,besides calling the virus a "hoax" he strikes me as someone who is really ignorant on possible precautions and the nature of the threat.

For example, he did a FB live a week or so ago when (in all sincerity) he ranted to his audience about why we shut down for Covid 19, when we didn't shut down for Covids 1-18.

"He expanded on his assertion that the restrictions relating to the current global pandemic are a “scam,” saying: “I would ask you, because I’m addicted to truth, logic and common sense, and my common sense meter would demand the answer to, ‘why weren’t we shut down for COVID-1 through -18?’

“There was a COVID-1, and there was a COVID-2, -3, -4, -5, -6, -7, -8, -9, -10, -11, -12, -13, -14, -15, -16, -17, -18. COVID-1 through -18 didn’t shut anything down, but woah, COVID-19 [did], even though it’s 99.8 per cent survivable.”

The article downplays his stupidity and calls it a "misunderstanding". I think he's just a dumbass who publicly admitted he's stupider than anyone on this board and likely 99% of the US populace...

Reactions: outside shooter
The article downplays his stupidity and calls it a "misunderstanding". I think he's just a dumbass who publicly admitted he's stupider than anyone on this board and likely 99% of the US populace...
Listen, I absolutely agree that he's a dumbass.

But I think you are being generous saying that he is worse than 99% of the populace. 80 to 90 tops

watch enough National news to know that a lot of folks in places like FL and Texas (not named DeSantis and Abbott) are alarmed by what they are seeing...

You are just being a partisan fool.

FL and TX are both down considerably, despite being more open for far longer than MI, IL, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
You are just being a partisan fool.

FL and TX are both down considerably, despite being more open for far longer than MI, IL, etc.

Presumably, you are upset by this statement?

"I think the sunbelt is likely going to experience their own revival as well,and I wonder how much returning spring breakers have led to the problems in the upper midwest. I watch enough National news to know that a lot of folks in places like FL and Texas (not named DeSantis and Abbott) are alarmed by what they are seeing..."

First off your links show trends thru March, and I was referring to references being made to the situation in FL over the past few days...I think the actual medical professionals in FL are alarmed by the rise in factors like variants they've seen from Mid-March- this week and last...

From the April 19 edition of the Tallahassee Democrat

"New coronavirus cases increased 5.3% in Florida in the latest week ending Sunday as the state added 44,668 cases. The previous week had 42,407 new cases of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Florida ranked 10th among the states where coronavirus was spreading the fastest on a per-person basis, a USA TODAY Network analysis of Johns Hopkins University data shows. In the latest week, the United States added 472,154 reported cases of coronavirus, a decrease of 3.4% from the week before. Across the country, 21 states had more cases in the latest week than they did in the week before.

Many states did not report cases on Easter. Delayed reporting from the holiday will make some state-to-state comparisons inaccurate, and also some in-state week-to-week comparisons inaccurate."

Fox 13 (Tampa Bay) Tues April 20...

"The Florida Department of Health says the number of known cases of COVID-19 in the state rose by 5,645 Tuesday. According to the state's daily update, the total number of cases in Florida since the pandemic began is now 2,178,783.

The number of Florida resident deaths has reached 34,533, an increase of 62 since Monday's update. In addition, a total of 676 non-Floridians have died in the state."

NBC Miami Today April 21...
"Florida's confirmed COVID-19 cases increased by over 5,500 Wednesday, as the state's virus-related death toll increased by more than 80.

The 5,571 new confirmed COVID-19 cases brought Florida's total to 2,184,354 since the outbreak began, according to figures released by the state's department of health."

That's over 11,000 new cases in the past 2 days...Here's a video from a public health official in FL saying they are seeing more variants in FL than any other state...

Strange how the Orlando Sentinel had to sue DeSantis and the State Board of Health to get the ACTUAL info on the rise of Covid cases involving variants in FL following Spring Break... From April 16...

"One month after the peak of Florida’s spring break, the number of residents infected with more infectious mutated strains of COVID-19 has exploded, rising six-fold since mid-March and leaving 122 people hospitalized.
The information, disclosed in response to a lawsuit by the Orlando Sentinel against the Florida Department of Health, shows the total as of Thursday reached 5,177 cases involving five “variants of concern” — a designation from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for mutations that make the virus more transmissible, deadly or resistant to treatment and current vaccines."

“This is kind of what a lot of public health folks have been afraid of, and why we’re trying to emphasize the need for continued caution as we move forward,” said Zinzi Bailey, a social epidemiologist at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. “My biggest fear is that, if we become more lax with our masking and our social distancing, we will actually start creating our own variant” — including, potentially, one that could evade current vaccines.

"In Florida, where COVID infection rates had been falling steadily between early January and mid-March, they are now rising again. While it’s impossible to pinpoint how much of the recent surge can be traced to spring break activities, when largely unmasked crowds flocked to beaches and tourism hotspots, experts say there’s a likely connection."...

"State health data also shows younger people in Orange County now make up greater percentages of infections from the highly contagious variants, and on Thursday the top public health official in Orange County warned that more younger residents are now being hospitalized than older ones — in part because over 75% of Orange County’s senior population has been vaccinated against COVID-19."

Here's an article from the Palm Beach Post describing the variants and their threat to People of Color...

========================================================================

Now since you decided to attack my post, maybe you can point out what I said SPECIFICALLY that isn't supported by the evidence I presented here? I pointed out that in observing the mainstream media I noticed a lot of people (not named Desantis) who were alarmed by the rise in Covid cases in FL. Also, many of the experts that I've seen put forth the concept that the variants (like the original outbreak) was cyclical in a REGIONAL pattern.

The thing is,I didn't make anything up. You accused me of being a "partisan fool", but I wasn't referring to politicians who were saying that.I was referring to various Public Health officials in FL, who I saw interviewed on mainstream media. I've presented my evidence here,and you apparently want to claim that all of these experts are "politically motivated"...

But before you make such a lame-ass claim, you have to explain to us how all of these public health officials speaking out are doing it out of "political motivation" rather than concern for the public welfare. I know you and your buddy who pretend to be "non-partisan" would like to claim that all these officials disagreeing with DeSantis are "Democrats".

But I'm curious as to how all these "Democrats" were appointed during the past 11 yrs when the GOP has owned the Fla Statehouse? Presumably, some of the people who take issue with DeSantis over health policy (people like Rebekah Jones) were actually HIRED by DeSantis, or other GOP predecessors, so only a moron (like DeSantis) would suggest he had hired a "trojan horse" health advisor. So why did she break with him over policy vs politics?

Here's a clue about DeSantis. I know a few of you on this board think he's going to be the GOP nominee in '24, assuming he manages to win re-election in '22. You could be right, you people managed to nominate and vote in Trump, and DeSantis ran his whole Governor's race from the Primary thru to the General on "out Trumping Trump". But I don't think the rest of us will ever elect another clown who models his politics on Trump and his health policies on Scott Atlas... All endorsements from groups like CPAC do is turn the majority of us off, and further label him a Trumper...

Presumably, you are upset by this statement?

"I think the sunbelt is likely going to experience their own revival as well,and I wonder how much returning spring breakers have led to the problems in the upper midwest. I watch enough National news to know that a lot of folks in places like FL and Texas (not named DeSantis and Abbott) are alarmed by what they are seeing..."

First off your links show trends thru March, and I was referring to references being made to the situation in FL over the past few days...I think the actual medical professionals in FL are alarmed by the rise in factors like variants they've seen from Mid-March- this week and last...

From the April 19 edition of the Tallahassee Democrat

"New coronavirus cases increased 5.3% in Florida in the latest week ending Sunday as the state added 44,668 cases. The previous week had 42,407 new cases of the virus that causes COVID-19.

Florida ranked 10th among the states where coronavirus was spreading the fastest on a per-person basis, a USA TODAY Network analysis of Johns Hopkins University data shows. In the latest week, the United States added 472,154 reported cases of coronavirus, a decrease of 3.4% from the week before. Across the country, 21 states had more cases in the latest week than they did in the week before.

Many states did not report cases on Easter. Delayed reporting from the holiday will make some state-to-state comparisons inaccurate, and also some in-state week-to-week comparisons inaccurate."

Fox 13 (Tampa Bay) Tues April 20...

"The Florida Department of Health says the number of known cases of COVID-19 in the state rose by 5,645 Tuesday. According to the state's daily update, the total number of cases in Florida since the pandemic began is now 2,178,783.

The number of Florida resident deaths has reached 34,533, an increase of 62 since Monday's update. In addition, a total of 676 non-Floridians have died in the state."

NBC Miami Today April 21...
"Florida's confirmed COVID-19 cases increased by over 5,500 Wednesday, as the state's virus-related death toll increased by more than 80.

The 5,571 new confirmed COVID-19 cases brought Florida's total to 2,184,354 since the outbreak began, according to figures released by the state's department of health."

That's over 11,000 new cases in the past 2 days...Here's a video from a public health official in FL saying they are seeing more variants in FL than any other state...

Strange how the Orlando Sentinel had to sue DeSantis and the State Board of Health to get the ACTUAL info on the rise of Covid cases involving variants in FL following Spring Break... From April 16...

"One month after the peak of Florida’s spring break, the number of residents infected with more infectious mutated strains of COVID-19 has exploded, rising six-fold since mid-March and leaving 122 people hospitalized.
The information, disclosed in response to a lawsuit by the Orlando Sentinel against the Florida Department of Health, shows the total as of Thursday reached 5,177 cases involving five “variants of concern” — a designation from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for mutations that make the virus more transmissible, deadly or resistant to treatment and current vaccines."

“This is kind of what a lot of public health folks have been afraid of, and why we’re trying to emphasize the need for continued caution as we move forward,” said Zinzi Bailey, a social epidemiologist at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. “My biggest fear is that, if we become more lax with our masking and our social distancing, we will actually start creating our own variant” — including, potentially, one that could evade current vaccines.

"In Florida, where COVID infection rates had been falling steadily between early January and mid-March, they are now rising again. While it’s impossible to pinpoint how much of the recent surge can be traced to spring break activities, when largely unmasked crowds flocked to beaches and tourism hotspots, experts say there’s a likely connection."...

"State health data also shows younger people in Orange County now make up greater percentages of infections from the highly contagious variants, and on Thursday the top public health official in Orange County warned that more younger residents are now being hospitalized than older ones — in part because over 75% of Orange County’s senior population has been vaccinated against COVID-19."

Here's an article from the Palm Beach Post describing the variants and their threat to People of Color...

========================================================================

Now since you decided to attack my post, maybe you can point out what I said SPECIFICALLY that isn't supported by the evidence I presented here? I pointed out that in observing the mainstream media I noticed a lot of people (not named Desantis) who were alarmed by the rise in Covid cases in FL. Also, many of the experts that I've seen put forth the concept that the variants (like the original outbreak) was cyclical in a REGIONAL pattern.

The thing is,I didn't make anything up. You accused me of being a "partisan fool", but I wasn't referring to politicians who were saying that.I was referring to various Public Health officials in FL, who I saw interviewed on mainstream media. I've presented my evidence here,and you apparently want to claim that all of these experts are "politically motivated"...

But before you make such a lame-ass claim, you have to explain to us how all of these public health officials speaking out are doing it out of "political motivation" rather than concern for the public welfare. I know you and your buddy who pretend to be "non-partisan" would like to claim that all these officials disagreeing with DeSantis are "Democrats".

But I'm curious as to how all these "Democrats" were appointed during the past 11 yrs when the GOP has owned the Fla Statehouse? Presumably, some of the people who take issue with DeSantis over health policy (people like Rebekah Jones) were actually HIRED by DeSantis, or other GOP predecessors, so only a moron (like DeSantis) would suggest he had hired a "trojan horse" health advisor. So why did she break with him over policy vs politics?

Here's a clue about DeSantis. I know a few of you on this board think he's going to be the GOP nominee in '24, assuming he manages to win re-election in '22. You could be right, you people managed to nominate and vote in Trump, and DeSantis ran his whole Governor's race from the Primary thru to the General on "out Trumping Trump". But I don't think the rest of us will ever elect another clown who models his politics on Trump and his health policies on Scott Atlas... All endorsements from groups like CPAC do is turn the majority of us off, and further label him a Trumper...
If someone read whatever you wrote here they’d have to give up an entire episode of a show

ADVERTISEMENT