Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
Tiny Red Dot

Trump's reason why:

dr-evil-right.gif

#orangesnowflake

Last edited:
Facts as reported by Sky News -- Fox's sister station in the UK:

Other parts of his statement are also misleading.
Bizarrely, the US never actually owned its old embassy. Instead it's owned by a British company called Grosvenor (Mayfair) Estate - which is ultimately owned by the billionaire 26-year-old Duke of Westminster.
As part of a 999-year lease from 1954, the US rented its embassy off the Duke of Westminster's empire for one peppercorn.
The US then sold this lease to a firm called QD Europe, based in the conveniently low-tax country of Luxembourg, for £315million in October 2013.

Another example of Trump making things up for his own narrative and his supporters. Decisions like this are done years in advance, just like factory expansions eg in Alabama.
The fact of the matter is that if Trump visits the UK, he would be met by crowds larger than his own Inauguration... but not in a good way.

Last edited:
Facts as reported by Sky News -- Fox's sister station in the UK:

Another example of Trump making things up for his own narrative and his supporters. Decisions like this are done years in advance, just like factory expansions eg in Alabama.
The fact of the matter is that if Trump visits the UK, he would be met by crowds larger than his own Inauguration... but not in a good way.

Trump has ODS almost as bad as CO. :).

Reactions: sglowrider
I've walked by the embassy in London a few times. The first time I walked by it, I wondered what it was because it looked like a fortress even then.

I'll say this... Us embassies are totally inaccessible to citizens unlike other countries and waste a fortune of $. I'm absolutely disgusted by the $1.2 billion figure and the state department treats people like shit.

That has nothing to do with Trump's swipe at Obama, nor his cancellation.

I've walked by the embassy in London a few times. The first time I walked by it, I wondered what it was because it looked like a fortress even then.

Have you been to the embassy in S'pore? My heart rate goes up every time I walk in.

Singapore, Newish:
BD_030smallweb_944_1.jpg

Versus the old:

ties3.jpg

Have you been to the embassy in S'pore? My heart rate goes up every time I walk in.

Singapore, Newish:
BD_030smallweb_944_1.jpg

Versus the old:

ties3.jpg

It's a complete effing joke. Then you see 50 expensive SUVs sitting there. Meanwhile, it takes years in some cases to get visas. Had to pay $50 for a signed affidavit. No walk in appointments for citizen services. Just a complete ****ing scam.

Reactions: sglowrider
How can they nail his face so perfectly and then blow it by having him way too skinny and the hair isn’t enough close?

I guess these life-size models need to be mobile.
If you had it exactly to his proportions, there will be a lot of insurance claims for back aches from the employees of Trussaud or you need a forklift each time. Not practical.

In Trump's defense, that new embassy is ugly as all hell.

They all are nowadays -- see the Singapore embassy. Looks like some medieval prison and feels that way too, once you go inside.

I guess its to hide KT McFarland.

From Robert Orr to Jon Huntsman who were good guys and now a scandal-tainted, McFarland!!

ADVERTISEMENT