ADVERTISEMENT

Trump butts in Academy award

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
If this has been posted, I apologize; I checked but didn't see any.

Anyway, Trump is very critical of "Parasite," a South Korean film that won the Oscar.

Says:
“The winner is… a movie from South Korea! What the hell was that all about?” he went on. “We got enough problems with South Korea with trade. On top of that, they give them best movie of the year? Was it good? I don’t know. Let’s get ‘Gone With the Wind.’ Can we get ‘Gone With the Wind’ back, please?”
Link

Yep, that is the president of the United States talking! Hilarious? Pathetic? Sick?
That is also a great way of passing off our ally. Oops, maybe South Korea is not our ally anymore; maybe North Korea is!

Well we know he can’t read subtitles, and of course he longs for the days of the Confederacy. That’s when he thinks America was great.

If this has been posted, I apologize; I checked but didn't see any.

Anyway, Trump is very critical of "Parasite," a South Korean film that won the Oscar.

Says:
“The winner is… a movie from South Korea! What the hell was that all about?” he went on. “We got enough problems with South Korea with trade. On top of that, they give them best movie of the year? Was it good? I don’t know. Let’s get ‘Gone With the Wind.’ Can we get ‘Gone With the Wind’ back, please?”
Link

Yep, that is the president of the United States talking! Hilarious? Pathetic? Sick?
That is also a great way of passing off our ally. Oops, maybe South Korea is not our ally anymore; maybe North Korea is!

Or maybe the storyline hits too close to home with him.

Reactions: meridian
Well we know he can’t read subtitles, and of course he longs for the days of the Confederacy. That’s when he thinks America was great.
You're giving him way too much credit there. I doubt he knows when the time of the confederacy was let alone what the confederacy was.

ADVERTISEMENT