ADVERTISEMENT

Troubled Florida, divided America: will Trump hold this swing state?

Florida is a bit odd, even to someone who has lived here for 15 years now.

If the turnout is exceptional in Miami-Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach Counties, and in the other more developed areas (Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, to a lesser extent Tampa, which oddly leans to the right)

Biden will win by a lot.

If Dem-leaning people get complacent, though, the swamp creatures fom the rural areas, the retired old money, the Evangelicals, and the Cubans will turn out in droves for Trump and make it close.

Silly. Fla may turn on how many Hispanics turn out in dade. Fla won’t be about swing voters but margins

Yeah the Hacks on Tap podcast guy has some very detailed Florida polling was saying the same thing.

Biden is dominating the state except Dade County (which is obviously the biggest piece of the pie).

He said Biden needs to get down there and start denouncing Venezuela or something to shave off some points that he's down. If he can do that, he should be in pretty good shape.

As a side note it's critically important to win Florida and Ohio. Not just because it obviously snaps Trump's neck but because they report their results on election night.

If Biden wins one of those two it makes the 'I've been cheated' narrative much more flimsy.

Florida is a bit odd, even to someone who has lived here for 15 years now.

If the turnout is exceptional in Miami-Dade, Broward, & Palm Beach Counties, and in the other more developed areas (Orlando, Jacksonville, Tallahassee, to a lesser extent Tampa, which oddly leans to the right)

Biden will win by a lot.

If Dem-leaning people get complacent, though, the swamp creatures fom the rural areas, the retired old money, the Evangelicals, and the Cubans will turn out in droves for Trump and make it close.

I think the underreported key to FL could be the COVID, and how that hurts Trump with Seniors. I'm not sure the polling has been adequate, and I wonder how DeSantis's latest push to open up and the pushback from frightened teachers on how he is demanding schools not go virtual, even with cases rising will shake things up.

Trump has never really faced any challenge in the areas that comprise The Villages, and that's not the situation this year. He's going to lose some support among Seniors- the key is how will that cut into some of his red county margins...

Reactions: UncleMark
I think the underreported key to FL could be the COVID, and how that hurts Trump with Seniors. I'm not sure the polling has been adequate, and I wonder how DeSantis's latest push to open up and the pushback from frightened teachers on how he is demanding schools not go virtual, even with cases rising will shake things up.

Trump has never really faced any challenge in the areas that comprise The Villages, and that's not the situation this year. He's going to lose some support among Seniors- the key is how will that cut into some of his red county margins...
i know tons of teachers in fla and they are already dems, but i'm with you on seniors and covid. there has to be some trump consequences there

Oh yeah it's quite stark how nationally he lost a huge chunk of over 60 with the virus response.

You could see it in the polling in March it just started crashing.

I'm guessing that's a big reason why Biden is fairly strong outside of Dade.

Miami is one of those rare major cities that isn't strongly blue and there's a huge Cuban population that tends to be much more conservative than the overall Latino base.

Some say that Trump should have put up the conservative Cuban judge for that reason only. I can't remember her name.

ADVERTISEMENT