ADVERTISEMENT

Trouble for Warnock and Dems in GA?

JamieDimonsBalls

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2015
Kelly holding a very narrow polling lead (less than 1pt per RCP aggregate), but this isn't going to help.

Odd timing for sure for this to come out, but it's not a great look.
So this is body cam footage, released to Tucker. Interesting.

Looking at the these Senate runoffs in GA, and boy is it hard to find one redeemable person in either of these races.

Smarmy trust fund liberal takes on corrupt, insider trader. In the other race you have Anti-Semitic sympathizer vs. Married into money and power.

At least Loeffler and Perdue are self made to a degree. That has to count for something against a grifter preacher and faux journalist living off daddy's money.

Looking at the these Senate runoffs in GA, and boy is it hard to find one redeemable person in either of these races.

Smarmy trust fund liberal takes on corrupt, insider trader. In the other race you have Anti-Semitic sympathizer vs. Married into money and power.

At least Loeffler and Perdue are self made to a degree. That has to count for something against a grifter preacher and faux journalist living off daddy's money.

For someone that is ignorant, who is who on the second (Perdue) race? I have my guess, but just want to clarify.

For someone that is ignorant, who is who on the second (Perdue) race? I have my guess, but just want to clarify.

Smarmy trust fund liberal/ faux journalist = Ossoff

Insider trader/ corporate shill = Perdue

Anti-Semitic grifter preacher = Warnock

Married into money and power and also insider trader = Loeffler

FWIW (probably nothing), an old (in his ~70s) colleague once drove over my foot, twice, with his giant SUV. I was about to get in the SUV and he backed up right over my foot. I yelled so he immediately put the car into forward gear, drove back over my foot and then stopped - with one of his tires squarely atop my foot. The fact that it was a huge SUV with large tires probably saved my foot from being crushed, although it was rather sore for a week.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
Smarmy trust fund liberal/ faux journalist = Ossoff

Insider trader/ corporate shill = Perdue

Anti-Semitic grifter preacher = Warnock

Married into money and power and also insider trader = Loeffler

Damn, I don't think I realized Loeffler and Perdue were insider trading buddies, I only remembered the former.

This is quite the pathetic race. Congrats Georgia, you guys have some real talent down there.

Damn, I don't think I realized Loeffler and Perdue were insider trading buddies, I only remembered the former.

This is quite the pathetic race. Congrats Georgia, you guys have some real talent down there.

Loeffler and Perdue are both in precarious positions, Democrats would have done well to put forward some Moderate Democrats that are more in step with the typical Georgian, and not just the vocal Stacey Abrams contingent.

538 has both races as essentially a dead heat, which likely means Perdue and Loeffler hold a slight lead.

I assume other outlets have it too?
I dunno. Your link is basically a report on a Fox/Tucker segment, linking to the Fox/Tucker video. I'm just curious as to why this first saw the light of day on Fox/Tucker. Being body cam video, I have to assume the original source was from local law enforcement. Just looks a little December Surprisey to me.

No doubt this is exactly the type of "objective fact based analysis" that mcm finds so endearing in your posts? Got a link for the "grifter preacher" and "anti-semitic" slurs?

I mean you do realize "Kelly" is the one who has embraced the QAnon agenda, and that objective people are widely aware of its anti-semitic foundation. Which sort of make its constant attacks on Soros (whose not only Jewish,but was widely known for contributing to GOP causes in the 80s and 90s) so laughably ludicrous. I mean anti-semitic clown organization attacks Jewish philanthropist and accuses him of wait for it... being a Neo-Nazi,Fascist anti semitic globalist...

I'd say you can't make this shit up, but evidently you can since QAnon pushes this type of insanity and apparently millions of really stupid people continue to buy-in. Meanwhile, while your attempts to slander Rev Warnock are one side of the coin, the Christian Science Monitor has provided a much more accurate and objective analysis of what Loeffler and Warnock respectively represent...

"Patrik Jonsson
Tue, December 22, 2020, 9:41 AM EST

To Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler, the gospel that her opponent preaches from the pulpit of Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta is a threat to capitalism and the American way of life.
She has not minced words. The Rev. Raphael Warnock, whom she faces in a Jan. 5 runoff for United States Senate, is a “radical liberal,” she repeatedly says. At a rally for Senator Loeffler, former Rep. Doug Collins went further: “There is no such thing as a pro-choice pastor. What you have is a lie from the bed of hell. It is time to send it back to Ebenezer Baptist Church.”
Perhaps such heated rhetoric should not be surprising. The election – along with a second Georgia runoff on the same day – will determine which party controls the Senate in Washington. With Democrats now set to hold the White House and House of Representatives, the Georgia races represent a last stand for Republicans this election cycle.
Yet the targeting of Mr. Warnock’s beliefs has taken the election beyond politics. It has revealed the deep differences in the South between a white Christian tradition founded on personal salvation, and a Black Christian tradition that preaches liberation and social justice. In that way, the political balance of power in Washington could hinge on how Georgia resolves tensions about faith that date back to America’s founding."

Last edited:
No doubt this is exactly the type of "objective fact based analysis" that mcm finds so endearing in your posts? Got a link for the "grifter preacher" and "anti-semitic" slurs?

I mean you do realize "Kelly" is the one who has embraced the QAnon agenda, and that objective people are widely aware of its anti-semitic foundation. Which sort of make its constant attacks on Soros (whose not only Jewish,but was widely known for contributing to GOP causes in the 80s and 90s) so laughably ludicrous. I mean anti-semitic clown organization attacks Jewish philanthropist and accuses him of wait for it... being a Neo-Nazi,Fascist anti semitic globalist...

I'd say you can't make this shit up, but evidently you can since QAnon pushes this type of insanity and apparently millions of really stupid people continue to buy-in. Meanwhile, while your attempts to slander Rev Warnock are one side of the coin, the Christian Science Monitor has provided a much more accurate and objective analysis of what Loeffler and Warnock respectively represent...

"Patrik Jonsson
Tue, December 22, 2020, 9:41 AM EST

To Republican Sen. Kelly Loeffler, the gospel that her opponent preaches from the pulpit of Ebenezer Baptist Church in Atlanta is a threat to capitalism and the American way of life.
She has not minced words. The Rev. Raphael Warnock, whom she faces in a Jan. 5 runoff for United States Senate, is a “radical liberal,” she repeatedly says. At a rally for Senator Loeffler, former Rep. Doug Collins went further: “There is no such thing as a pro-choice pastor. What you have is a lie from the bed of hell. It is time to send it back to Ebenezer Baptist Church.”
Perhaps such heated rhetoric should not be surprising. The election – along with a second Georgia runoff on the same day – will determine which party controls the Senate in Washington. With Democrats now set to hold the White House and House of Representatives, the Georgia races represent a last stand for Republicans this election cycle.
Yet the targeting of Mr. Warnock’s beliefs has taken the election beyond politics. It has revealed the deep differences in the South between a white Christian tradition founded on personal salvation, and a Black Christian tradition that preaches liberation and social justice. In that way, the political balance of power in Washington could hinge on how Georgia resolves tensions about faith that date back to America’s founding."

So you're going to tangentially indict Loeffler for interactions with a candidate that supports Q'anon. Yet Warnock's embrace of open anti-Semite Rev. Wright gets a free pass? Warnock's support from BDS supporters Tlaib, Sarsour and Omar is just ho-hum? Weird move from Warnock to have them down in Georgia stumping for him when he's trying to shed the anti-Semite label.

Or are you one of those people that thinks BDS isn't actually anti-Semitic? The mental gymnastic you're performing to go from Marjorie Taylor Green to Qanon Soros criticism to Loeffler is an anti-semite is far more ridiculous than just looking at who Warnock chooses to associate with (hint: they're open anti-semites). You're grasping at straws here buddy, and it's sad.

As to that article:

"It has revealed the deep differences in the South between a white Christian tradition founded on personal salvation, and a Black Christian tradition that preaches liberation and social justice."

You're actually going to post an article like that with a straight face? What a ridiculous, bad faith bastardization of what southern Christians believe. And how are southern Christians any different from northern Christians again?

George Soros is a 'Jewish Philanthropist'

You sure you're not getting paid for this?
By some Jewish and/or Zionist organizations?

Cause you sure left off a shitload of descriptors when you whitewashed Soros.

So you're going to tangentially indict Loeffler for interactions with a candidate that supports Q'anon. Yet Warnock's embrace of open anti-Semite Rev. Wright gets a free pass? Warnock's support from BDS supporters Tlaib, Sarsour and Omar is just ho-hum? Weird move from Warnock to have them down in Georgia stumping for him when he's trying to shed the anti-Semite label.

Or are you one of those people that thinks BDS isn't actually anti-Semitic? The mental gymnastic you're performing to go from Marjorie Taylor Green to Qanon Soros criticism to Loeffler is an anti-semite is far more ridiculous than just looking at who Warnock chooses to associate with (hint: they're open anti-semites). You're grasping at straws here buddy, and it's sad.

As to that article:

"It has revealed the deep differences in the South between a white Christian tradition founded on personal salvation, and a Black Christian tradition that preaches liberation and social justice."

You're actually going to post an article like that with a straight face? What a ridiculous, bad faith bastardization of what southern Christians believe. And how are southern Christians any different from northern Christians again?
You're sure jumping around from random nonsense to random nonsense pretty fast for someone who theoretically has a legitimate point to make. Maybe you are the one who is lost here?

You're sure jumping around from random nonsense to random nonsense pretty fast for someone who theoretically has a legitimate point to make. Maybe you are the one who is lost here?

In my defense, a Cosmick post usually has three to four different trains of thought going at once. It's hard to reply to them all without looking equally as schizophrenic.

Oh, I don't know . . . https://www.newsweek.com/kelly-loef...el-warnock-georgia-senate-runoff-poll-1557133 . . .

. . . 1.9 million people have vote so far in the senate runoff elections down here: https://www.ajc.com/politics/whos-v...-runoff-elections/FGY2DQ5EOBB55BOUBHYRRRRTLY/. About 4.8 million voted in the Perdue/Ossoff race in November.

Most of the ads we're seeing are deplorable, from both sides. It's not just negative campaigning, it's intentional deception . . . visible to those who pay attention: https://www.ajc.com/politics/electi...rgias-senate-race/FT3X5MD3MNEX5FH6AO37WOBSDA/. Loeffler's ads depicting Warnock as a dangerous radical seem to be having the effect of turning off suburban voters.

One thing is clear: there's money in politics. $333 million spent by non-candidate PACs so far . . .

. . . and money seems to be coming in from California in bulk . . . for both sides. https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...s-big-money-advantage-in-georgia-senate-races

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Oh, I don't know . . . https://www.newsweek.com/kelly-loef...el-warnock-georgia-senate-runoff-poll-1557133 . . .

. . . 1.9 million people have vote so far in the senate runoff elections down here: https://www.ajc.com/politics/whos-v...-runoff-elections/FGY2DQ5EOBB55BOUBHYRRRRTLY/. About 4.8 million voted in the Perdue/Ossoff race in November.

Most of the ads we're seeing are deplorable, from both sides. It's not just negative campaigning, it's intentional deception . . . visible to those who pay attention: https://www.ajc.com/politics/electi...rgias-senate-race/FT3X5MD3MNEX5FH6AO37WOBSDA/. Loeffler's ads depicting Warnock as a dangerous radical seem to be having the effect of turning off suburban voters.

One thing is clear: there's money in politics. $333 million spent by non-candidate PACs so far . . .

. . . and money seems to be coming in from California in bulk . . . for both sides. https://www.latimes.com/politics/st...s-big-money-advantage-in-georgia-senate-races
Poll schmoll. Trump voters don’t respond to polls. More educated, more likely to respond. I’m rooting for the same ones but I wouldn’t wager a wooden peanut.

Poll schmoll. Trump voters don’t respond to polls. More educated, more likely to respond. I’m rooting for the same ones but I wouldn’t wager a wooden peanut.
I ain't making any bets . . . it's more unpredictable than that, and more unpredictable than any poll can capture.

Reactions: mcmurtry66

As to that article:

I don't even know what BDS is? But I do think you're confusing anti-Israeli (Likud) with anti-semitic,and I think there's a huge difference. I think even plenty of Jews (both in US and Israel) are opposed to Israel's occupation and settlement policy, but I don't think that makes those Jews anti-semitic or anti-Jewish...

I don't have to "grasp at straws"- you're the one who is suddenly defending Marjorie Taylor Greene,who is an outright bigot. I've never heard anyone (before you) accuse Warnock of anti-semitic views, so I was sort of shocked to read that. And is the Reverand Wright (who last I heard was the Right's Obama boogeyman) suddenly running for office and been endorsed by Warnock?

I don't even know what BDS is? But I do think you're confusing anti-Israeli (Likud) with anti-semitic,and I think there's a huge difference. I think even plenty of Jews (both in US and Israel) are opposed to Israel's occupation and settlement policy, but I don't think that makes those Jews anti-semitic or anti-Jewish...

I don't have to "grasp at straws"- you're the one who is suddenly defending Marjorie Taylor Greene,who is an outright bigot. I've never heard anyone (before you) accuse Warnock of anti-semitic views, so I was sort of shocked to read that. And is the Reverand Wright (who last I heard was the Right's Obama boogeyman) suddenly running for office and been endorsed by Warnock?

Who is defending MTJ? I’m simply saying you are the company you keep and Warnock keeps the company of anti-semites.

If you don’t know what BDS is maybe refrain from discussions around Israel/ anti Semitic going forward.

I got to run, family is headed to Christmas Eve mass. I’m not sure how I’m going to break it to my veteran father that he is going to hell, because after all, you can’t serve both god and the military.

Who is defending MTJ? I’m simply saying you are the company you keep and Warnock keeps the company of anti-semites.

If you don’t know what BDS is maybe refrain from discussions around Israel/ anti Semitic going forward.

I got to run, family is headed to Christmas Eve mass. I’m not sure how I’m going to break it to my veteran father that he is going to hell, because after all, you can’t serve both god and the military.
Enh . . . at least you'll see your dad for a good long while. ;)

Merry Christmas!

So if Kelly was endorsed or even attended rallies with a QAnon anti-semite like MTJ then the same standard would apply to her, right?

"Struggling to coalesce GOP support in next month's special election in Georgia, appointed Sen. Kelly Loeffler celebrated an endorsement Thursday from Marjorie Taylor Greene, the controversial congressional candidate who has embraced elements of the QAnon conspiracy theory and has a history of making racist and bigoted comments."

"What impressed me with Kelly is I found out that she believes a lot of the same things that I believe," Greene said during the event Tuesday, which Loeffler's campaign live-streamed on its Facebook page
. "And I found out that she's actually the most conservative Republican in the race."

Loeffler called Greene a "much needed voice" in Washington and compared the two of them with President Donald Trump, who is set to host a rally in the state Friday, for their business backgrounds. She also touted her voting record and said she was fighting for "conservative values" and against the "radical left."

So you want to tar Warnock for what you label the anti-semite views of Rev Wright, and yet completely ignore the 2020 endorsement and joint appearances of Loeffler connected to someone actually in Govt? More of that "objetivity" that mcm values in your posting?

Here's the Kelly ad you appear to be mimicking...

I believe the same "speech" was used vs Obama, and the fact checklists it as 2003, but first used in the 2008 campaign. Are you going to claim that Warnock "honored" Wright (another Loeffler lie) as well?

Strange how you take Warnock to task over his past relationship with a non-political figure from 2003 or 2008, and yet remain stubbornly mute when it comes to worse transgressions from this year regarding Kelly and her relationship with an actual POLITICAL figure?

Loeffler’s attack
Loeffler attacked Warnock in an ad that uses a black-and-white clip of Wright preaching, "not God bless America, God damn America," but with the word damn bleeped.
Wright was Obama’s longtime pastor at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. During the 2008 campaign, ABC News aired a report that included excerpts of Wright’s sermons against racism and war.
In the most controversial video, from a 2003 sermon, Wright said that the government "wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, not ‘God Bless America.’ God damn America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God damn America, for treating our citizens as less than human. ... The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent."

At the time of the report, Obama distanced himself from Wright and then resigned from Wright’s church.

"In Loeffler’s current ad, separate pictures of Wright and Warnock appear on the screen. A narrator says: "Warnock defended Jeremiah Wright's hatred, then gave him an award for truth telling."

Next comes a split screen, with Wright shown preaching on the right. On the left, Warnock says in a TV interview: "We celebrate Reverend Wright." His quote is cut off and the narrator says: "Warnock celebrated anti-American hatred," before a clip of Wright’s "God (bleep) America" is replayed.

Loeffler has used the Wright clip in two other ads attacking Warnock and in an interview for a conservative podcast. The clip is also used in an ad by Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and an ad by the Georgia Republican Party that attacks Warnock.

Loeffler’s campaign did not reply to our requests for information to back up Loeffler’s claim. But her ad cites sources, as does a website created by Loeffler campaign’s, RadicalRaphael.com.

The ad cites an interview Warnock did in 2008 with Greta Van Susteren, a Fox News talk show host. Asked if he embraced Wright’s comments, Warnock replied:

"We celebrate Reverend Wright in the same way that we celebrate the truth telling tradition of the Black church — which, when preachers tell the truth, very often it makes people uncomfortable. And I think that the country has been done a disservice by this constant playing over and over again of the same sound bite outside of context."
Warnock noted that King was working on a sermon entitled, "Why America May Go to Hell" shortly before he was assassinated."

The website created by Loeffler’s campaign says that in 2013 Warnock defended Wright’s sermon as a "very fine homily" on God and government and had said the sermon was consistent with Black prophetic preaching.

Warnock did say those things in what was a 45-minute academic speech entitled, "Piety or Protest: Black Theology and the Divided Mind of the Black Church." But he explained that what Wright’s homily did was rail against injustice against Black people in America."

FEATURED FACT-CHECK

"A Loeffler campaign document says Warnock was to give Wright an award at the Black Church Summit in Dallas in 2008, but that Wright did not attend the summit, citing security concerns amid the reaction to the ABC News story.
Warnock attended the summit as an invited speaker, but he wasn’t involved with selecting Wright for an award.

The summit was hosted by Brite Divinity School, which is affiliated with Texas Christian University and located on the TCU campus in Fort Worth, Texas. Brite had decided months before the ABC News story to make Wright the honoree of its fourth annual summit, based on his long career in ministry. Brite stayed with its plan following controversy over the ABC story, saying at the time: "Contrary to media claims that Wright preaches racial hatred, church leaders who have observed his ministry describe him as a faithful preacher of the gospel who has ministered in a context radically different from that of many middle class Americans."

Wright did not attend the event, and other events around that time, out of security concerns following the ABC story.

Warnock’s campaign said he had no affiliation with Brite prior to the summit. Brite’s president, Newell Williams, who was also president at the time, said he does not believe Warnock had any prior connection to the school, did not recall that Warnock attended the summit and does not think he has ever met Warnock.

Texas Christian University’s student news publication, in a news story cited by Loeffler’s campaign, reported at the time that Warnock said the public had confused moral outrage with hatred in response to claims that Black preachers promote hate from the pulpit. "In fact, it’s inappropriate not to feel outrage in the face of injustice," he said.
Warnock also said at the summit about the reaction to Wright’s sermons: "Part of the reason the public is so shocked ... is that they have not heard the public voice of the liberated black church in a very long time. In a very real sense, it's an indictment of us."

Our ruling
Loeffler claimed that Warnock defended the "hatred" of Wright, the pastor who said in a 2003 sermon, "not God bless America, God damn America," and that Warnock gave Wright "an award for truth telling."

Wright’s sermon decried America’s historical mistreatment of Black people. What Warnock defended was Wright’s role as a preacher in the "truth telling" about that mistreatment.

A Texas divinity school, not Warnock, honored Wright for his career in ministry.
Loeffler’s statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. That’s our definition of
Mostly False.

This fact check is available at IFCN’s 2020 US Elections FactChat #Chatbot on WhatsApp. Click here, for more."

Still don't get the anti-semitic angle? Can you elaborate how Warnock earns your "righteous anger" and accusations of "associating with anti-semites, yet when Kelly actually appears at Campaign rallies with an avowed racist and anti-semite she gets a complete pass? Just trying to get a grasp of where that "factual objectivity" you have enthralled mcm with emanates from?

So if Kelly was endorsed or even attended rallies with a QAnon anti-semite like MTJ then the same standard would apply to her, right?

"Struggling to coalesce GOP support in next month's special election in Georgia, appointed Sen. Kelly Loeffler celebrated an endorsement Thursday from Marjorie Taylor Greene, the controversial congressional candidate who has embraced elements of the QAnon conspiracy theory and has a history of making racist and bigoted comments."

"What impressed me with Kelly is I found out that she believes a lot of the same things that I believe," Greene said during the event Tuesday, which Loeffler's campaign live-streamed on its Facebook page
. "And I found out that she's actually the most conservative Republican in the race."

Loeffler called Greene a "much needed voice" in Washington and compared the two of them with President Donald Trump, who is set to host a rally in the state Friday, for their business backgrounds. She also touted her voting record and said she was fighting for "conservative values" and against the "radical left."

So you want to tar Warnock for what you label the anti-semite views of Rev Wright, and yet completely ignore the 2020 endorsement and joint appearances of Loeffler connected to someone actually in Govt? More of that "objetivity" that mcm values in your posting?

Here's the Kelly ad you appear to be mimicking...

I believe the same "speech" was used vs Obama, and the fact checklists it as 2003, but first used in the 2008 campaign. Are you going to claim that Warnock "honored" Wright (another Loeffler lie) as well?

Strange how you take Warnock to task over his past relationship with a non-political figure from 2003 or 2008, and yet remain stubbornly mute when it comes to worse transgressions from this year regarding Kelly and her relationship with an actual POLITICAL figure?

Loeffler’s attack
Loeffler attacked Warnock in an ad that uses a black-and-white clip of Wright preaching, "not God bless America, God damn America," but with the word damn bleeped.
Wright was Obama’s longtime pastor at Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago. During the 2008 campaign, ABC News aired a report that included excerpts of Wright’s sermons against racism and war.
In the most controversial video, from a 2003 sermon, Wright said that the government "wants us to sing ‘God Bless America.’ No, no, no, not ‘God Bless America.’ God damn America — that's in the Bible — for killing innocent people. God damn America, for treating our citizens as less than human. ... The United States government has failed the vast majority of her citizens of African descent."

At the time of the report, Obama distanced himself from Wright and then resigned from Wright’s church.

"In Loeffler’s current ad, separate pictures of Wright and Warnock appear on the screen. A narrator says: "Warnock defended Jeremiah Wright's hatred, then gave him an award for truth telling."

Next comes a split screen, with Wright shown preaching on the right. On the left, Warnock says in a TV interview: "We celebrate Reverend Wright." His quote is cut off and the narrator says: "Warnock celebrated anti-American hatred," before a clip of Wright’s "God (bleep) America" is replayed.

Loeffler has used the Wright clip in two other ads attacking Warnock and in an interview for a conservative podcast. The clip is also used in an ad by Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., and an ad by the Georgia Republican Party that attacks Warnock.

Loeffler’s campaign did not reply to our requests for information to back up Loeffler’s claim. But her ad cites sources, as does a website created by Loeffler campaign’s, RadicalRaphael.com.

The ad cites an interview Warnock did in 2008 with Greta Van Susteren, a Fox News talk show host. Asked if he embraced Wright’s comments, Warnock replied:

"We celebrate Reverend Wright in the same way that we celebrate the truth telling tradition of the Black church — which, when preachers tell the truth, very often it makes people uncomfortable. And I think that the country has been done a disservice by this constant playing over and over again of the same sound bite outside of context."
Warnock noted that King was working on a sermon entitled, "Why America May Go to Hell" shortly before he was assassinated."

The website created by Loeffler’s campaign says that in 2013 Warnock defended Wright’s sermon as a "very fine homily" on God and government and had said the sermon was consistent with Black prophetic preaching.

Warnock did say those things in what was a 45-minute academic speech entitled, "Piety or Protest: Black Theology and the Divided Mind of the Black Church." But he explained that what Wright’s homily did was rail against injustice against Black people in America."

FEATURED FACT-CHECK

"A Loeffler campaign document says Warnock was to give Wright an award at the Black Church Summit in Dallas in 2008, but that Wright did not attend the summit, citing security concerns amid the reaction to the ABC News story.
Warnock attended the summit as an invited speaker, but he wasn’t involved with selecting Wright for an award.

The summit was hosted by Brite Divinity School, which is affiliated with Texas Christian University and located on the TCU campus in Fort Worth, Texas. Brite had decided months before the ABC News story to make Wright the honoree of its fourth annual summit, based on his long career in ministry. Brite stayed with its plan following controversy over the ABC story, saying at the time: "Contrary to media claims that Wright preaches racial hatred, church leaders who have observed his ministry describe him as a faithful preacher of the gospel who has ministered in a context radically different from that of many middle class Americans."

Wright did not attend the event, and other events around that time, out of security concerns following the ABC story.

Warnock’s campaign said he had no affiliation with Brite prior to the summit. Brite’s president, Newell Williams, who was also president at the time, said he does not believe Warnock had any prior connection to the school, did not recall that Warnock attended the summit and does not think he has ever met Warnock.

Texas Christian University’s student news publication, in a news story cited by Loeffler’s campaign, reported at the time that Warnock said the public had confused moral outrage with hatred in response to claims that Black preachers promote hate from the pulpit. "In fact, it’s inappropriate not to feel outrage in the face of injustice," he said.
Warnock also said at the summit about the reaction to Wright’s sermons: "Part of the reason the public is so shocked ... is that they have not heard the public voice of the liberated black church in a very long time. In a very real sense, it's an indictment of us."

Our ruling
Loeffler claimed that Warnock defended the "hatred" of Wright, the pastor who said in a 2003 sermon, "not God bless America, God damn America," and that Warnock gave Wright "an award for truth telling."

Wright’s sermon decried America’s historical mistreatment of Black people. What Warnock defended was Wright’s role as a preacher in the "truth telling" about that mistreatment.

A Texas divinity school, not Warnock, honored Wright for his career in ministry.
Loeffler’s statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. That’s our definition of
Mostly False.

This fact check is available at IFCN’s 2020 US Elections FactChat #Chatbot on WhatsApp. Click here, for more."

Still don't get the anti-semitic angle? Can you elaborate how Warnock earns your "righteous anger" and accusations of "associating with anti-semites, yet when Kelly actually appears at Campaign rallies with an avowed racist and anti-semite she gets a complete pass? Just trying to get a grasp of where that "factual objectivity" you have enthralled mcm with emanates from?
For the first couple of weeks the Loeffler ads didn't bleep anything out.

Awwwwmmmmmm.

Reactions: cosmickid

So after you mentioned BDS I did some research. You seem to want to try and paint anyone who disagrees with Israel's settlement policy ( primarily the Likud and various right-wing religious parties' application of it) with a broad anti-semitic brush. Maybe you need to brush up on the term "semite"?

Who are the Semitic peoples?
The word "Semite" refers to a language and cultural group made up of ancient and modern people. Semitic languages include: Akkadian, Arabic, Aramaic, Moabite, Hebrew, Phonecian, Assyrian, and Babylonian. (Biblically they are considered the descendants of Shem, son of Noah.)

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first usage of anti-Semitic for a person who discriminates against or is prejudiced against Jews, was in the 1880s (about the same time as the rise of Zionism.)

If we return to the original meaning of Semitic, it is difficult to call Palestinians and other Arabs anti-Semitic, since they are themselves Semites. Palestinian Arabs oppose the state policies of Israel that deny them legitimate human and civil rights and the right to a state."

Furthermore, labeling BDS "anti-semite" seems pretty ridiculous since there are a number of JEWS who support BDS.

"First, some context about American public opinion on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. The most important change taking place in American public attitudes toward the Israeli-Palestinian conflict over the past decade has been increased partisanship on an issue that had historically escaped a high level of partisanship.

In my 30 years of conducting public opinion polls on this issue, it has always been the case that a large majority of Americans, around two-thirds, wanted the U.S. to take neither side of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. That has not changed.

What has changed over the past decade has been that Republicans have expressed increased desire for the U.S. to take Israel’s side instead of being neutral, with our recent polls showing a slight majority of Republicans choosing that option. In contrast, more and more Democrats (recently over 80%) have supported neutrality, with those wanting the U.S. to take sides roughly evenly dividedbetween wanting to take the Palestinians’ side and wanting to take Israel’s.

When I started observing these trends during the Obama administration, I also noted that the gap between elected Democrats and their constituents on this issue was increasing, with constituents growing more critical of Israel than politicians.
I have wondered if this gap would be sustained."

Look ever since 1948 and even centuries before, the Middle East has been a complex land with complex problems. Were the Irgun members who bombed the King David Hotel in 1946 and killed 91 people, Zionist Liberators or terrorists? Was it benevolence or attempts to assuage a guilty conscience that cause the Allies (Great Britain, in particular) to compensate the Jews for the holocaust by creating a "Jewish State" in a land where Palestinians had lived for centuries?

"At this point in history, though, most Arabs accept the existence of Israel as a state but are concerned about the ways in which that country has been preventing the formation of a Palestinian State and the development of Palestinian society. The UN partition plan of 1947 called for a Jewish state and an Arab state on the land known as "historic Palestine" or Mandate Palestine."

"If you don’t know what BDS is maybe refrain from discussions around Israel/ anti Semitic going forward."

It's not particularly instructive for you to throw around mischaracterizations of anti-Israeli policy as anti-semitic. Israel is not a homogenous society, and there are plenty of Israeli citizens (Jew, Christian, Muslim, and atheist) who oppose the policies of pro-settlement parties like Likud and even more Zionist elements. In the end our respective posts on the issue seem to illuminate the fact that you are more right and I am more left-oriented in our political philosophy. It's an element of the continued polarization of our society...

"An area where we have seen increased polarization has been preparedness to take action against Israeli settlement policy in the West Bank. For a few years now, the polls have consistently shown a majority of Democrats wanting to take action against Israeli settlements, including imposing sanctions, while Republicans and independents wanted to do nothing or limit opposition to words."

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/orde...ns-think-of-the-bds-movement-aimed-at-israel/

I don't know how the Jan runoffs will turn out. It does look like the Dems will have their best shot at reversing the history of what was devised by Segregationists to dilute Black voting power in GA. Before the Black vote has always dropped off after the Nov election, which is why Fowler lost his seat in '92, 3 weeks after he actually got more votes in his Senate race than Clinton did while winning GA's electoral votes.

The runoffs were devised by GA segregationists to try and maintain control after the SCOTUS struck down key Jim Crow elements to GA voting laws in the 60s. It would be fittingly ironic if Perdue being forced to defend his seat after getting less than the 50% threshold ended up with his being replaced...

Reactions: Sope Creek

Sope, is the stimulus becoming an issue? I would think that the GOP wanting $0 and the D's 5alking them up to $600 and now Trump saying $2000 would play into Democratic hands. I don't know how the Republicans can spin that as a reason to vote Republican.

Sope, is the stimulus becoming an issue? I would think that the GOP wanting $0 and the D's 5alking them up to $600 and now Trump saying $2000 would play into Democratic hands. I don't know how the Republicans can spin that as a reason to vote Republican.
Oh yeah. Warnock is beating Loeffler over the head hard and often with that issue. Ossoff is trying to do the same against Perdue (I keep wanting to type PU here, but that'd be a Freudian effect).

That said, I'd guess that if Trump wants $2k checks then the logic will be that for many down here Trump's push for $2k checks constitutes a reason to vote GOP in the runoffs, despite Perdue's and Loeffler's intention to get $600 checks into the hands of Georgians prior to the runoff date. For others, it's a reason to vote against Perdue and Loeffler. In other words, it's probably just another Rorschach test . . . you see what you want to.

2.1 million have voted in the runoffs prior to today. Those who haven't yet voted and who will vote likely have already made up their minds who they're going to vote for . . . the ads really are about turning out sympathetic voters more than about convincing anyone whom to vote for - motivation to get folks off their weary arses. The rest . . . probably just want the political ads to get off their TVs.

I don't know how the Jan runoffs will turn out. It does look like the Dems will have their best shot at reversing the history of what was devised by Segregationists to dilute Black voting power in GA. Before the Black vote has always dropped off after the Nov election, which is why Fowler lost his seat in '92, 3 weeks after he actually got more votes in his Senate race than Clinton did while winning GA's electoral votes.

The runoffs were devised by GA segregationists to try and maintain control after the SCOTUS struck down key Jim Crow elements to GA voting laws in the 60s. It would be fittingly ironic if Perdue being forced to defend his seat after getting less than the 50% threshold ended up with his being replaced...

Given that history, Georgia turning purplish to purple, and the potential for turn-about-is-fair-play in this runoff election, I wonder whether the GOP dominated legislature here will do away with the runoff system. One to watch . . . .

Bloomberg Government: "The high stakes Jan. 5th Senate runoffs in Georgia are expected to play out a lot like November's presidential election - with the result delayed for days, or weeks, as near-record numbers of votes are counted."
Not really...one should be called pretty quickly. Perdue may be very tight

Bloomberg Government: "The high stakes Jan. 5th Senate runoffs in Georgia are expected to play out a lot like November's presidential election - with the result delayed for days, or weeks, as near-record numbers of votes are counted."
Not really...one should be called pretty quickly. Perdue may be very tight

At times Loeffler seems to campaign as if she's running in AL not GA. She is really embracing the crazy, and I think she may be underestimating the sanity of many suburban voters.

As to the moron she continues to support, I can see how in states like MI, WI, and PA he could conceivably argue that the Dem Governors and the GOP Legislatures were at odds over election reforms.

But Kemp is a REPUBLICAN. And he's not a sane Hogan or Holcomb level Republican, he's a batshit crazy Santos-level Trump idolizing Republican. So who exactly does Trump think conspired against him in the Batshit crazy level GOP State Admin and the equally batshit Crazy GOP GA Legislature?

Last edited:
At times Loeffler seems to campaign as if she's running in AL not GA. She is really embracing the crazy, and I think she may be underestimating the sanity of many suburban voters.

As to the moron she continues to support, I can see how in states like MI, WI, and PA he could conceivably argue that the Dem Governors and the GOP Legislatures were at odds over election reforms.

But Kemp is a REPUBLICAN. And he's not a sane Hogan or Holcomb level Republican, he's a batshit crazy Santos-level Trump idolizing Republican. So who exactly does Trump think conspired against him in the Batshit crazy level GOP State Admin and the equally batshit Crazy GOP GA Legislature?

LOL @ the video in those replies

Reactions: iuwclurker
I'm unable to see tweets that are linked to this site for some odd reason.
I'll predict Loeffler wins by 2.1%
What say you?

I wasn't predicting anything. The tweets were Trump whining that the runoff process in GA is unfair, despite it being totally controlled by a GOP Governor and GOP Legislature...

"Before even discussing the massive corruption which took place in the 2020 Election, which gives us far more votes than is necessary to win all of the Swing States (only need three), it must be noted that the State Legislatures were not in any way responsible for the massive....
Election officials have certified Joe Biden as the winner of the U.S. Presidential election

....changes made to the voting process, rules and regulations, many made hastily before the election, and therefore the whole State Election is not legal or Constitutional. Additionally, the Georgia Consent Decree is Unconstitutional & the State 2020 Presidential Election...."

He's basically claiming that anything that doesn't directly benefit him is illegal...I'm really starting to hate this clown...

I actually think the GOP is trailing in the early vote and will have to drive Trumpsters to the polls on election day. I wonder how that turnout will be affected by Trump's continued whining that the election (again controlled by the GOP) is unfair...

ADVERTISEMENT