ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Patterson

I see reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. I said”at the time”. In 2008/2009 Crean absolutely had the better resume. Stevens was an unknown. He was an assistant for years. You must’ve had a crystal ball. They literally got hired 1 year apart.
OK, I will buy your point that Stevens was an unknown. I missed that when I posted.

However, I believe that you may be disregarding the other part of my post. The 'baggage' that Crean brought to IU that made him not a good fit. I believe that that is also part of his resume...just not his won/loss record.

But while discussing your post...I don't think that I have reading comprehension problems. I think that IU settled on Crean because of the problem IU had getting qualified head coaches to take us seriously after botching transitions for a decade.

Reactions: Al Bino
OK, I will buy your point that Stevens was an unknown. I missed that when I posted.

However, I believe that you may be disregarding the other part of my post. The 'baggage' that Crean brought to IU that made him not a good fit. I believe that that is also part of his resume...just not his won/loss record.

But while discussing your post...I don't think that I have reading comprehension problems. I think that IU settled on Crean because of the problem IU had getting qualified head coaches to take us seriously after botching transitions for a decade.
I’ll give you that but it’s just tiring to see all these posters saying Stevens was a clear candidate back then. The timeline just wouldn’t fit or work. Feepee has zero argument.

I’ll give you that but it’s just tiring to see all these posters saying Stevens was a clear candidate back then. The timeline just wouldn’t fit or work. Feepee has zero argument.
Well I said it on this board about 5 times a day from 2010-2013. So there’s that.

Is this a Trey Patterson thread? I'm trying to figure out how this turned into a Brad Stevens thread. He's announcing in a few hours if anyone cares.

Reactions: alishedobbs
Well I said it on this board about 5 times a day from 2010-2013. So there’s that.
That’s a lie. There is no friggin way a low IQ girl like you knew Stevens was the guy 1 year in and us coming off back to back sweet 16s. You are a special kind of dumb.

That’s a lie. There is no friggin way a low IQ girl like you knew Stevens was the guy 1 year in and us coming off back to back sweet 16s. You are a special kind of dumb.
You need to brush up on your history. Were you even alive in 2010?

Let me educate you....

In 2010 Stevens takes Butler to the title game and Crean finishes 4-14 in the Big Ten.

In 2011 Stevens goes back to the title game and Crean finishes 3-15.

How are you so confused? It wasn’t complicated for anyone not wearing crimson glasses in the Crean cult.

Last edited:
You need to brush up on your history. Were you even alive in 2010?

Let me educate you....

In 2010 Stevens takes Butler to the title game and Crean finishes 4-14 in the Big Ten.

In 2011 Stevens goes back to the title game and Crean finishes 3-15.

How are you so confused? It wasn’t complicated for anyone not wearing crimson glasses in the Crean cult.
1. you are a gimp.
2. You have no proof you or anyone else posted that.
3. no way IU was getting rid of Crean
4 . you are still a gimp.
5. Stevens was never coming.
6. I was born before Knights first Championship.
7. Never a Crean fan. I’m just realistic (unlike feepee)
8. Go away.

Kind of like Lander going to UL?

Trey might very well go to Nova but you don't have any more of an idea than anyone else.

Well there it is, fpeaugh just said the manic words that you said we needed him to say. He predicted Patterson to Nova so now we are a lock. Lol

1. you are a gimp.
2. You have no proof you or anyone else posted that.
3. no way IU was getting rid of Crean
4 . you are still a gimp.
5. Stevens was never coming.
6. I was born before Knights first Championship.
7. Never a Crean fan. I’m just realistic (unlike feepee)
8. Go away.
So many lies. The worst one being #6. I can guarantee you were born after our last championship. You’re not fooling anyone.

Goddamn man stop making me have to like your posts but yeah....after year three the planets aligned perfectly and we let it pass.

I'll be miffed about that til I die.

While I’d have loved to have gotten Stevens then (or any other time), I’d say that the “planet” not in line at that particular time was the size of Jupiter: Tom Crean’s buyout.

I don’t remember all the particulars and I’m not inclined to go looking for them now. But I do remember that Crean had a long-term contract that he even successfully renegotiated (that is to say: lengthened) prior to his first game at IU.

Nobody ever said so publicly, but it doesn’t take much reading between the lines to figure out that he quickly realized after being hired that the rebuild was going to be longer and more painful than he had figured when he took the job. And, right or wrong, the IU brass agreed - probably because they knew they were over a barrel.

Crean could’ve gone winless in those seasons and Mike Krzyzewski could’ve come available...we still wouldn’t have made a coaching change. Not, anyway, without a massive donation that virtually all would’ve ended up in the hands of a mediocre basketball coach who had unsurprisingly fielded 3 pretty bad basketball teams.

The Stevens to IU talk is pointless—but understand the “what could have been” angle. He wasn’t leaving Butler to go to IU. He was captivated by the NBA game and was waiting for the right team to come calling. They did—end of story.

Reactions: Al Bino and mattn7
The Stevens to IU talk is pointless—but understand the “what could have been” angle. He wasn’t leaving Butler to go to IU. He was captivated by the NBA game and was waiting for the right team to come calling. They did—end of story.
Agreed, it's pointless. Even if he had come to IU, they seem to think that he would still be here. As if the NBA would poach him from Butler but not IU or he'd turn down the NBA you to start at IU. Both of those are ridiculous.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Kind of like Lander going to UL?

Trey might very well go to Nova but you don't have any more of an idea than anyone else.
If I was Trey I would go to Nova because it would be easier on my family to see me play. He's from the area so there is the comfort factor also for him. Then again perhaps he doesn't like the area he is from and wants to branch out. Then we have our shot at him.

If I was Trey I would go to Nova because it would be easier on my family to see me play. He's from the area so there is the comfort factor also for him. Then again perhaps he doesn't like the area he is from and wants to branch out. Then we have our shot at him.
It's time to switch from Internet Explorer to Google Chrome :D

derp

and your well earned reputation stays intact.

I feel sorry for you. You always respond to VanPastorMan regardless of the content. Do you have such a low view of yourself that you must always put down this poster? Goodness, you are quite the troll, and almost to the point of Feepaw. Get a life dude.

I feel sorry for you. You always respond to VanPastorMan regardless of the content. Do you have such a low view of yourself that you must always put down this poster? Goodness, you are quite the troll, and almost to the point of Feepaw. Get a life dude.
Are you his knight in shining armor? Are your glaringly bad assumptions and witless cliche and feeble attempts at trash talk going save him from the big mean random name on an internet board? He needs education, I'm supplying a public service so his affliction doesn't spread.

So, F.O. Crusader and mind your own business.

Are you his knight in shining armor? Are you gonna save him from the big mean random name on an internet board? He needs education, I'm supplying a public service so his affliction doesn't spread.

So, F.O. Crusader and mind your own business.
Or get a life. You must have a pathetic existence.

Or get a life. You must have a pathetic existence.
lol what ya gonna do, bore me to death with dumb cliche witless crap like "get a life"? fyi - Your feeble mind is not at all scary. Maybe try thinking for yourself and coming up with something better than an average eight year old.

Entertain me..

lol what ya gonna do, bore me to death with dumb cliche witless crap like "get a life"? fyi - Your feeble mind is not at all scary. Maybe try thinking for yourself and coming up with something better than an average eight year old.

Entertain me..
Nope. Just feel sorry for you that you feel threatened by a poster’s name and beliefs. Most would just ignore it, but some how you’re so insecure of yourself that you feel the need to troll others. I hope the hate that you have will eventually fade away, and you won’t feel threatened by another’s beliefs, opinions, or thoughts.

Nope. Just feel sorry for you that you feel threatened by a poster’s name and beliefs. Most would just ignore it, but some how you’re so insecure of yourself that you feel the need to troll others. I hope the hate that you have will eventually fade away, and you won’t feel threatened by another’s beliefs, opinions, or thoughts.
I said not to be boring. Making stupid assumptions and projecting your own fears onto others is better than the clice crap you tired earlier but still pretty much feeble and witless. I feel nothing but boredom .. *sigh* you suck at this. Come on man, you gotta try much harder to save your fragile pretty princess. You wanted my attention, now you got it. Impress me ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT