ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Kaufman to IU is imminent

Take it for what it's worth, but the person I know who is well-connected to IU Athletics tells me Trey Kaufman is a silent IU commit. Kaufman took an official visit to IU on the weekend of September 13 - 15 for the IU - Ohio State football game. He was back in Bloomington a few weeks later for Hoosier Hysteria, and has been in attendance at Assembly Hall for multiple games this season.

I'm told he's staying under the radar while focusing on leading Silver Creek High School to a second consecutive Indiana 3A state title. A public announcement is likely to come either when Silver Creek's season ends or shortly thereafter.

Stay tuned.
what exactly is the purpose of a silent commit. i'm curious.

In theory , a silently committed player is free to interact with other recruits and free to influence them to make a decision for theIr committed school.

I've been following Kaufman's high school career, and can tell you he's a quiet individual who doesn't enjoy the spotlight. I'd be willing to bet he doesn't want the hoopla that comes with publicly announcing a commitment.

Yes, I know that. So, you're saying he's a junior, right?

G grief, why do so many take pot shots at this kid? You think he's the first athlete that got held back a year for sports?
Michael Lewis made the most of his extra year of maturity.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT