ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Galloway & Anthony Leal (Opening Night)

Carsen played like a 5 star in college...especially last season. Pundits don't always get it right plus players develop while in college.

Purdue does not have Carsen Edwards now.
And Painter redshirted his best shooter, Newman.

Last edited:
Purdue does not have Carsen Edwarss now.
As much as it pains me to say it, Painter is a pretty damn good coach. Once he figured out that he needed to recruit players who were willing to play roles and fit his style, Purdue has been a tough out. They will be a top contender in the B1G again this year because they have a lot of versatile pieces, they run good stuff on offense to get players shots where they can score, and they always defend.

Purdue has struggled when they've had character and chemistry issues but it seems like MP has cleaned that up in recent years. I'd like to see them go 0-30, but it isn't going to happen.

Just in case you were really asking and not trying to make a point :)

I wasn't really asking, although I was never really sure. I thought he was a 3 star, but am not surprised he was higher, because he was so good.

But, as you guessed, my point is it's kind of dumb to demean the players MP/Purdue gets, when they've been routinely kicking our ass. Sweeping PU this year is high on my wish list for this team.

IU...I believe IU is recruiting him. Same school as Damezi. I think his Damezi's brother is on the team.

I asked because I didn't want to engage if you were a Purdue guy.....

I really like the vibes about this Wesley kid.....just something about the way Miller is prioritizing him. It seems like he thinks he could be special.

But....we already have 3 guys coming in this year that are similar, and what we really need is a big or two and a point guard.

Based on what you saw, do you think he's a guy who could give us another dimension over and above the other 3?

I have never seen Leal or Geronimo..... legit 6'5 slight of build nice stroke and handles very athletic and plays under control and willing to defend...Has vastly improved in past year and still just a junior. Reminds me of Brandon Newman.

Last edited:
Purdue does not have Carsen Edwarss now.
I don't understand Painter unless Newman is hurt, struggling with academics, or wants to graduate and transfer at some point.

I asked because I didn't want to engage if you were a Purdue guy.....
giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT