ADVERTISEMENT

Trendon Watford gets Iu offer

Apr 30, 2015
Trendon has been mentioned for several years as a great talent. I am curious why Crean didn't show much interest? Another familiar name I have forgotten was Mike Davis' kid, Antoine. He was being talked about being a good talent in the 2018 class. Davis even mentioned when he played at AH that he would be happy for his son to play at Indiana.

I don't know if having a brother at IU is a plus or if he is like some kids and don't want the constant comparison. Watford would be good pickup for CAM.

I hope CAM and CWAT are on good terms.

I don't know -- but it probably can't hurt that CAM contacted CWAT about (whoa, I almost used a similar acronym for the younger Watford -- reminder never to do that) Trendon shortly after being hired....while CTC apparently hadn't. That being the case, I'd say the coaching change may actually help our cause if we're interested in him.

That said, it sounds like we're a bit late to the party here. But I find it interesting that the only school he mentioned that's offered him was 'Bama. The others he mentioned (UK, Arizona, Kansas, and UNC) haven't offered him as yet.

Trendon has already experienced Indiana Basketball in Assembly Hall for 4 years,while watching his brother play at IU.

I don't know -- but it probably can't hurt that CAM contacted CWAT about (whoa, I almost used a similar acronym for the younger Watford -- reminder never to do that) Trendon shortly after being hired....while CTC apparently hadn't. That being the case, I'd say the coaching change may actually help our cause if we're interested in him.

That said, it sounds like we're a bit late to the party here. But I find it interesting that the only school he mentioned that's offered him was 'Bama. The others he mentioned (UK, Arizona, Kansas, and UNC) haven't offered him as yet.
Ha ha. Maybe that application of CWAT's handle to Trendon is enough of a reason to stay away.

Reminds me of past job that used a first initial and first 3 letters of the last lame for a user name. I wanted to hire someone named Steve Hitch or Frank Uckerman so bad to see what HR would do.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
Trendon has already experienced Indiana Basketball in Assembly Hall for 4 years,while watching his brother play at IU.
His twitter announcement was brilliant. Clearly, an offer from IU means something to him.
Trendon has been mentioned for several years as a great talent. I am curious why Crean didn't show much interest? Another familiar name I have forgotten was Mike Davis' kid, Antoine. He was being talked about being a good talent in the 2018 class. Davis even mentioned when he played at AH that he would be happy for his son to play at Indiana.

I don't know if having a brother at IU is a plus or if he is like some kids and don't want the constant comparison. Watford would be good pickup for CAM.

Trendon's tweet announcing an IU offer was retweeted into my feed, and judging by that, I think it's a plus.

By the way, was that young Trendon with Christian after the WatShot?

Last edited:
Reactions: ufo33
His twitter announcement was brilliant. Clearly, an offer from IU means something to him.

Trendon's tweet announcing an IU offer was retweeted into my feed, and judging by that, I think it's a plus.

By the way, was that young Trendon with Christian after the WatShot?

I loved how there was one or two Alabama or Auburn fans telling him to stay home and like 100 IU fans congratulating him and telling him to come home. Trust me, this kid knows where to go to jumpstart an NBA career and that university isn't located in AL. You could tell he was thrilled to get the offer by his tweet. I honestly think he's ours to lose even if we're late to the party.

Reactions: hgdownunder

The best acronym in sports is for Coach Urban Meyer.

Reactions: 82IU
You can search our offer list by using the basketball recruiting database.
They're not up to date. Many of those offers for 17/18 are Crean's and they have not been removed.

At last count this is our open offer list, only including players that have been offered by Arch, or Crean offers that have been visited, or contacted by Arch.

This was as of last week. Updated 5/19 Btw - this a normal, rational, reasonable, amount of offers. Crean would get to 3 to 4 times this at times, which was just insane..

Race Thompson, MN, 6'8, 200, 3.0*
Louis King, NJ, 6'8, 195, 4.3*
Eric Ayala, DE, 6'5, 180, 3.0*
Cole Swider, RI, 6'8, 210, 3.0*
Romeo Langford, IN, 6'6, 195, 5.0*
Darius Garland, TN, 6'0, 158, 4.7*
Musa Jallow, IN, 6'6, 200, 4.0*
Robert Phinisee, IN, 5'11, 3.0*

Isaiah Stewart, NY, 6'8, 4.0*
James Wiseman, TN, 6'10, 5.0*
Trendon Watford, AL, 6'7, 5.0*
Keion Brooks, IN, 6'8, 5.0*