ADVERTISEMENT

Trending to a 2 league system

It’s a new game now.

Maybe IU can ask Kansas how we can succeed at buying some wins?

No sense being on a high horse now regarding Kansas because they are one of the biggest cheaters. We WANT to be the biggest “cheater” (understanding that there are no longer any rules) now.

I understand there is a car shortage right now, but the fact that Andy mohr hasn’t leased out some freaking civics is criminal. Some don’t even have cars and are ride ****ing scooters around town.

Blow it all up and go full Euro soccer style with relegation and Champions League, etc.

It would never happen but it would be absolutely phenomenal.

All the different bowl games could still have meaning. In basketball you could have little in-season tourneys. You could have regional League 1/League 2 with B1G/MAC, SEC/SUN, PAC/MWC, BIG12/USA, ACC/AAC. On man, that would be awesome…

Blow it all up and go full Euro soccer style with relegation and Champions League, etc.

It would never happen but it would be absolutely phenomenal.

All the different bowl games could still have meaning. In basketball you could have little in-season tourneys. You could have regional League 1/League 2 with B1G/MAC, SEC/SUN, PAC/MWC, BIG12/USA, ACC/AAC. On man, that would be awesome…

Not the worst idea. I’m down for blowing it up and doing something completely new tho. Only thing they got right is the tourney. Don’t mess with that and completely revamp in season play.

I predict within 5 years the SEC and Big Ten will essentially be the east and the west in the NBA. Talks of UCLA and USC wanting in the big ten. Texas and Oklahoma will be in the SEC very soon.

Crazy time in college athletics. Gonna be fun to watch it unfold.
SEC also in talks with Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, and Clemson.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
SEC also in talks with Ohio State, Michigan, Florida State, and Clemson.
Crazy times indeed!!! Zero chans OSU or MI move anytime soon tho. If everything changes radically over the next few years I could see it, but they are gonna act like they aren't going till all hell breaks loose IMO.

Reactions: BayernFan
I understand there is a car shortage right now, but the fact that Andy mohr hasn’t leased out some freaking civics is criminal. Some don’t even have cars and are ride ****ing scooters around town.
When I see adults riding around on scooters I assume they lost their licenses because of DUIs. Am I wrong about assuming this? In my very first church in Central Illinois we had a man who used to go around our small town on a lawn mower. He lost his license because alcohol and that was how he got around.

When I see adults riding around on scooters I assume they lost their licenses because of DUIs. Am I wrong about assuming this? In my very first church in Central Illinois we had a man who used to go around our small town on a lawn mower. He lost his license because alcohol and that was how he got around.

Almost certain you are thinking about mopeds and what you see drunks on after they get a DUI. The scooter I am referring to are the electric stand up ones littered across IUs campus.

If you wanna get real about it, this is a safety issue for athletes. My buddy got smoke on one by a car and had to have surgery.

IU boosters should be putting these kids in cars, like now. Not expensive and they will advertise the shit out of it for the dealership.

Almost certain you are thinking about mopeds and what you see drunks on after they get a DUI. The scooter I am referring to are the electric stand up ones littered across IUs campus.

If you wanna get real about it, this is a safety issue for athletes. My buddy got smoke on one by a car and had to have surgery.

IU boosters should be putting these kids in cars, like now. Not expensive and they will advertise the shit out of it for the dealership.
Oh, ok I gotcha. I can see why electric stand up ones could be a bad deal.

I predict within 5 years the SEC and Big Ten will essentially be the east and the west in the NBA. Talks of UCLA and USC wanting in the big ten. Texas and Oklahoma will be in the SEC very soon.

Crazy time in college athletics. Gonna be fun to watch it unfold.
Bilas saying he would encourage ACC to reach out to SEC. With NIL, it is becoming an arms race. IU / B1G better be thinking Big just as the title of the conference or we are going to be playing second fiddle. Hopefully we are looking to go after ACC and pull in Duke / UNC / UVA / etc. Concede to SEC as a football conference and make B1G the elite basketball conference.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Bilas saying he would encourage ACC to reach out to SEC. With NIL, it is becoming an arms race. IU / B1G better be thinking Big just as the title of the conference or we are going to be playing second fiddle. Hopefully we are looking to go after ACC and pull in Duke / UNC / UVA / etc. Concede to SEC as a football conference and make B1G the elite basketball conference.
go get KU, UCLA, Duke, UNC, UVA, Oregon if that is the case. Oh, and I would be so happy Id shit skittles for a year.

Reactions: aajohn2000
Bilas is saying that because he's paid by ESPN to further their position. He wouldn't say they should be talking to the B1G, which is aligned with FOX, when the ACC and SEC are aligned with ESPN.

And don't forget, ESPN and the Bilas types employed there have beating the NIL drum for years.

Bilas is saying that because he's paid by ESPN to further their position. He wouldn't say they should be talking to the B1G, which is aligned with FOX, when the ACC and SEC are aligned with ESPN.

And don't forget, ESPN and the Bilas types employed there have beating the NIL drum for years.
I get it and that's a very valid point. However, the SEC made the move and are in the leadership position on this right now, IMO. If they reach out to any school, including B1G schools, my money says the school is listening intently. With NIL, NCAA / college basketball and football are now essentially paid positions for college athletics and the farm team for professional sports, specifically Football and basketball. Not sure that we will like what this looks like in 5 years, but IMO this is the new reality. I think @Cavanagh.13 predicted two super conferences. He may be right and if so, what does this do to any colleges not in those two super conferences?

Wrong and dumb, as usual.
I am not dumb in this. With your pot smoking I don't want you anywhere on the road. In fact when I drive through the Fort on the way to our house in Indiana for vacation I pray you are not on the road. lol On a serious note I wish you the best. I think you do a shtick on here and hope you are well. In fact I just prayed for you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT