ADVERTISEMENT

Tre Mitchell

Tre Mitchell is a guy IU could go after, 6'9" 240 18.8 pts., 7.2 rb., 2.2 assists, 51% from the floor, 37% from 3 pt., 2 years left, in portal from UMass.
No doubt. Best fit for what we need of anyone I've seen. Problem is, everybody wants him. And unless one of our guys has some relationship with him our chances are next to nothing. These transfer recruits decide within a week or two where they're going....there's no time to build a relationship if none exists. You have to get who you can get.

No doubt. Best fit for what we need of anyone I've seen. Problem is, everybody wants him. And unless one of our guys has some relationship with him our chances are next to nothing. These transfer recruits decide within a week or two where they're going....there's no time to build a relationship if none exists. You have to get who you can get.
I agree and I think some of them know where they want to go before they even go into the portal so once they enter their mind was already made up.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
IU might be the best place for his “development“ as anywhere.
Although his playing time this coming year might be less than some other schools, it would certainly be maxed out after TJD goes to the nba. A year of practicing Against TJD would be good for both him and TJD.
And who says he wouldn’t crack the starting lineup right away?
IMO, assuming there aren’t any skeletons, he would be a huge help to IU.

Reactions: 76-1
Who knows if we are going after him but he would be PERFECT alongside of TJD. He shoots about 38% from 3 and shot about 3 per game. That would free up TJD down low and help improve our rebounding while also playing up tempo. I doubt we get him but IU would be a real threat next year with him, that's for sure.

Reactions: 76-1
I'd love to know what schools this kid is eyeing. We made his final 6 schools when he was coming out of high school.

Not going to happen. They'd have to hire Tony Bergeron, who just got fired from Umass, and who Mitchel lives with, and that would not be a good practice to get into.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT