ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis

SIhoosier26

All-Big Ten
Sep 9, 2017
Good start to the year, first double double in just his second game. Also, good to see him blocking/altering shots already and his timing should improve as he gets more games under his belt. People underestimate how key that part of his game is going to be on the back of the packline defense.

I know a lot of you aren't going to want to hear this but a lot of the key pieces to this team are still young. Going to be great to watch guys like Trayce, Rob, Franklin, Thompson, and Hunter grow over the next few years along with the guys we have coming in.

Still need some improvements but overall I'm excited about what the next few years could bring.

Good start to the year, first double double in just his second game. Also, good to see him blocking/altering shots already and his timing should improve as he gets more games under his belt. People underestimate how key that part of his game is going to be on the back of the packline defense.

I know a lot of you aren't going to want to hear this but a lot of the key pieces to this team are still young. Going to be great to watch guys like Trayce, Rob, Franklin, Thompson, and Hunter grow over the next few years along with the guys we have coming in.

Still need some improvements but overall I'm excited about what the next few years could bring.
We desperately need a BIG and some shooters! hopefully Leal, Galloway and Geronimo cure the shooting woes, but we don't have a true BIG

This isn't football where you have 85 scholarships. Trayce has to be tougher with the ball. He and Smith got it knocked out of their hands a lot today.

Those that don’t like it need to get a grip. CAM is building for the long haul. We are in good hands.

The problem is will he go pro after this or next year? I’m not sure that he’s good enough but I don’t know that he’s not either? I think Smith gets drafted now too so he’ll be gone next year.

Reactions: bsmitty08
The problem is will he go pro after this or next year? I’m not sure that he’s good enough but I don’t know that he’s not either? I think Smith gets drafted now too so he’ll be gone next year.
No way he goes pro in one year, he's got to improve his jump shot to have a chance.

Those that don’t like it need to get a grip. CAM is building for the long haul. We are in good hands.
I would agree, things are improving and there seems to be much more forethought towards future/continual success vis a vis Crean. This is good, but now the coaching and the culture has to rebuild. Crean managed to do that with recruiting and started to rebuild the brand, but ultimately failed miserably. It's pretty hard to lose at IU on the tail-ends of success, even MD took us to NC, and that was a year removed and people need to realize that. More is needed to get back to relevance, that's on Archie and his 3.5 mil. I hope he lives up to the job, I know need it, and everybody needs to see IU at top again, but this time sustain momentum, which was Crean's achilles.

Smith needs to work on his basketball skills a lot to jump to the NBA.

Don’t have a true big? TJD looks to be a terrific shot blocker and potentially a very good rebounder. His offense will come. His future is very bright.
It is if he stays 4 years he’ll go down as one of the all time greats as long as he stays healthy. I don’t know if he’s nba material since he’s only 6’8 or 6’9 and not super athletic and doesn’t have a great game away from the basket. I don’t think he’s quite tall enough to battle with the Sabonis types but who knows?

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Are you intimately acquainted with him? You know his inches for sure?

If TJD ever develops a mean streak like his dad, it won’t matter if 6’8 or 6’10.. dude will be a stud, despite you suggesting otherwise
Huh, When did I suggest he wasn't going to be a stud? The OP is literally me talking about how good i think he's going to be, pay attention.

I just said he wasn't 6"10, I stood right next to him and he's around 5 inches taller than me. Probably 6"8 with shoes but the NBA measures without shoes. And I've seen absolutely nobody suggest that he's 6"10 until the post I quoted, he doesn't even look 6"10 on tv.

Huh, When did I suggest he wasn't going to be a stud? The OP is literally me talking about how good i think he's going to be, pay attention.

I just said he wasn't 6"10, I stood right next to him and he's around 5 inches taller than me. Probably 6"8 with shoes but the NBA measures without shoes. And I've seen absolutely nobody suggest that he's 6"10 until the post I quoted, he doesn't even look 6"10 on tv.

Dude, You just said he was an “undersized 4/5 with no jump shot”

TJD height, based on your “I stood right next to him”, is pure conjecture. I’m not so sure the NBA will rely upon your “analysis”

Reactions: Tru2Irish
Dude, You just said he was an “undersized 4/5 with no jump shot”

TJD height, based on your “I stood right next to him”, is pure conjecture. I’m not so sure the NBA will rely upon your “analysis”
As an NBA player right now he IS an undersized 4 with no jump shot. My post was in response to the comment that he was going to the NBA within 2 years.

He has a long way to go to be a first round pick. Which is actually good for us because I think he's going be around for awhile and be a hell of a college player

TJD is 6'9".
The NBA model for him is probably Isiah Roby from Nebraska- an NBA 3. He has to be good at extended defense and develop a consistent outside shot. 3-4 years.

So far he is 8-8 on FT's vs North Ala.

tenor.gif

Agree. TJD better than I thought he would be this early. And frankly, Hunter has been looking better fast. Really good young players and some solid veteran players. I think once this team has kore time to play together, we can be very good

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
I stood next to Trayce..
He's between 6'8 - 6'9 .Kinda has a weird body..Long torso..Short arms...But has very good hops for his size. .Ive played pick up with all three Zellers..I know the difference between 6'10 and 7 Foot..
It goes Luke /Tyler/ Cody from shortest to tallest
Trayce has played even a little better than I would have thought so far..
Let's see how he does as the competition improves.
But he looks like he more than belongs..
Go Hoosiers !!

Last edited:
I stood next to Trayce..
He's between 6'8 - 6'9 .Kinda has a weird body..Long torso..Short arms...But has very good hops for his size. .Ive played pick up with all three Zellers..I know the difference between 6'10 and 7 Foot..
Go Hoosiers !!
The difference is 2 inches...who doesn't know that? :)

I stood next to Trayce..
Go Hoosiers !!
His arms hang down to his knees! How does that make them short?

My guess is that he develops like his dad...he's going to be...eventually...a big body...an inch here or there won't matter...his dad was a beast. And I think the kid can move...I would guess that when his dad thinks his stock is high enough...he'll jump to the NBA...we'll know more after next year (IMHO)...he's a skinny kid and his dad knows what it takes to be a man in the NBA. He'll be a man soon...

I told my wife when we signed him...he'll be the kind of player that not only fills the shoes of Juwan Morgan (no disrespect...at all...) but could likely do so in his freshman year.

Reactions: HereYouGoIU
My guess is that he develops like his dad...he's going to be...eventually...a big body...an inch here or there won't matter...his dad was a beast. And I think the kid can move...I would guess that when his dad thinks his stock is high enough...he'll jump to the NBA...we'll know more after next year (IMHO)...he's a skinny kid and his dad knows what it takes to be a man in the NBA. He'll be a man soon...

I told my wife when we signed him...he'll be the kind of player that not only fills the shoes of Juwan Morgan (no disrespect...at all...) but could likely do so in his freshman year.
He weighs 245. Which is a perfect weight for his position. His dad weighed 250.

Reactions: 3sportcoach
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT