ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis down to six

That’s true. I thought it was a good decision with AJH and a horrible one with JJ.

But didn’t most people think that JJ wasn’t coming to IU regardless?

I think we pursued JJ and just backed off because he preferred PU. Many here thought we were getting Hummel and I still believe we had offers out to JJ, Hummel, and Martin. Not sure about Moore.

not true, you are getting sloppy
Indiana (19-2)
|
Starters
Victor Oladipo
Jordan Hulls
Cody Zeller
Christian Watford
Kevin Ferrell
Reserves
Will Sheehey
Remy Abell
Jeremy Hollowell
Derek Elston
Maurice Creek
Hanner Mosquera-Perea
Jeff Howard
Raphael Smith
School Totals

Indiana (19-2) Table
Basic Box Score Stats
Starters MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Victor Oladipo 32 7 12 .583 6 9 .667 1 3 .333 2 2 1.000 2 4 6 2 3 1 0 0 17
Jordan Hulls 31 3 10 .300 1 3 .333 2 7 .286 2 2 1.000 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 10
Cody Zeller 25 6 14 .429 6 14 .429 0 0 7 7 1.000 7 4 11 2 2 0 2 3 19
Christian Watford 25 5 7 .714 1 2 .500 4 5 .800 3 4 .750 2 2 4 1 1 0 1 3 17
Kevin Ferrell 19 4 6 .667 1 2 .500 3 4 .750 0 0 0 3 3 3 1 1 4 3 11
Reserves MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Will Sheehey 18 3 5 .600 3 4 .750 0 1 .000 1 1 1.000 1 1 2 7 1 0 1 2 7
Remy Abell 18 2 4 .500 2 4 .500 0 0 2 2 1.000 2 3 5 1 1 0 0 1 6
Jeremy Hollowell 12 1 2 .500 1 1 1.000 0 1 .000 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 2 0 1 2
Derek Elston 7 1 2 .500 0 0 1 2 .500 2 2 1.000 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 4 5
Maurice Creek 6 1 5 .200 0 3 .000 1 2 .500 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Hanner Mosquera-Perea 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Jeff Howard 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Raphael Smith 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

School Totals 200 33 67 .493 21 42 .500 12 25 .480 19 20 .950 15

,choppy. You need to rewatch the game. It is on youtube. IU reserves played 68 minutes! in that buttblasting at Mackey. Don't reinvent history.
Didn't say anything about starters in the game. I said Crean had his team pressing. He did. No reinvention.

Didn't say anything about starters in the game. I said Crean had his team pressing. He did. No reinvention.
nope, Chopster, you are wrong. IU was not pressing with one minute left. IU rarely pressed in the game . Rewatch it-Travis did not own Cody, and Ronnie did not dominate Yogi. And IU rarely pressed....

Reactions: whosyourholydaddy
nope, Chopster, you are wrong. IU was not pressing with one minute left. IU rarely pressed in the game . Rewatch it-Travis did not own Cody, and Ronnie did not dominate Yogi. And IU rarely pressed....

Gotta admit, Purdue fans crowing about AJ Hammons ‘owning’ zeller in a game IU won by 37 points is one of my favorite purdueisms.

Last edited:
Who is Travis? And who ever said Ronnie owned Yogi. Go look it up. I ALWAYS said Yogi was better. Now you're getting sloppy.

Who is Travis? And who ever said Ronnie owned Yogi. Go look it up. I ALWAYS said Yogi was better. Now you're getting sloppy.
There were numerous people on GBI would routinely claimed Ronnie would be and was better than Yogi. There were also people who claimed Travis Carroll was better than Zeller. They played heads up one game and the fact that Carroll didn’t get destroyed led them to believe he was of the same caliber as Zeller. The GBI crowd isn’t exactly the smartest bunch...

There were numerous people on GBI would routinely claimed Ronnie would be and was better than Yogi. There were also people who claimed Travis Carroll was better than Zeller. They played heads up one game and the fact that Carroll didn’t get destroyed led them to believe he was of the same caliber as Zeller. The GBI crowd isn’t exactly the smartest bunch...

Every board has it's outliers. Hell, what if other schools based their opinion of IU fans on randyjenkins?

Why wouldn't Purdue get a visit? That's what I want to know. Why wouldn't the self proclaimed "Big Man U" get a visit from one of the best bigs in this recruiting class that is an instate prospect as well? How could any rational big man NOT choose "Big Man U" over IU?

LOL! Gotta love some Purdue fans. So delusional.
Crean is gone. Archie uses big men effectively.

Reactions: SNU0821
not the point, he's not even real. The point is taking the view of 1 or 2 crazies as representative of the entire board.

Nearly the entire Purdue fan base has mental problems.

They think their team is good this year.

Reactions: SNU0821
Nearly the entire Purdue fan base has mental problems.

They think their team is good this year.
Yup. They are openly claiming Eastern is a better player than Romeo. Think about that. The same Eastern who only saw a few minutes a game last year. The same Eastern who has a worse free throw shot than Shaq. The same Eastern that makes Stan Robinson seem like Larry Bird in terms of outside shooting. Let that one sink in. It’s hilarious.

Yup. They are openly claiming Eastern is a better player than Romeo. Think about that. The same Eastern who only saw a few minutes a game last year. The same Eastern who has a worse free throw shot than Shaq. The same Eastern that makes Stan Robinson seem like Larry Bird in terms of outside shooting. Let that one sink in. It’s hilarious.

They must have powerful drugs there to make such of a claim.

Greg Hill is better than Eric Gordon.

Travis Carroll is better than Cody Zeller.

Ronnie Johnson is better than Yogi Ferrell.

These are things I learned from Purdue fans.

Again I have no clue who would say that. I'm expecting Eastern to be improved but let's face it, Romeo is considered one of the best kids coming in. Now if he does terrible against Purdue that wold be fine.

Again I have no clue who would say that. I'm expecting Eastern to be improved but let's face it, Romeo is considered one of the best kids coming in. Now if he does terrible against Purdue that wold be fine.
It’s on GBI. It’s not just one person. It’s multiple. Go see for yourself.

To be honest, I don't remember many claims that they were better.

It was more that the gap wasn't that wide.

Only one that panned out was Moore over Gordon, and that's because Moore played 4 years to Eric's 1.

Greg Hill is better than Eric Gordon.

Travis Carroll is better than Cody Zeller.

Ronnie Johnson is better than Yogi Ferrell.

These are things I learned from Purdue fans.
I didn't see the game, but a lot of my friends from Washington did. When Washington played Danville in the Semi State during Cody's Junior year, He destroyed Travis who was a Senior.. Now Travis was a good high school player. I saw him during his Sophomore year. You could see the size and the talent. But Cody was way better even though he was a year younger.

Reactions: echs86
I didn't see the game, but a lot of my friends from Washington did. When Washington played Danville in the Semi State during Cody's Junior year, He destroyed Travis who was a Senior.. Now Travis was a good high school player. I saw him during his Sophomore year. You could see the size and the talent. But Cody was way better even though he was a year younger.
I'm a Danville alum, and I really enjoyed seeing Travis develop over the four years in high school, catching several games during that time. I was at that semistate game. Brian Barber, the Danville coach, actually used the Chalfant kid on Zeller and had Travis cover someone else to avoid foul trouble, knowing that Cody would just take Carroll off the dribble and foul him out. Chalfant was about 6'3" and pretty strong, so it was a decent gamble, assuming he could try to muscle him out of the post as much as humanly possible, while hoping to be a better quickness matchup. Zeller more than got his, though. "Destroyed" implies Cody ate Travis up head to head, but they hardly squared off on the Hatchets' end. Even so, it was clear that Cody, although being a year younger than Travis, was light years ahead of him as a future Big 10 player.

Reactions: echs86
My thoughts exactly.

Let's hold the congratulations for if/when the kid actually commits to IU. That's a pretty big list for a player who some consider a "lock" for IU. And he's taking 5 official visits -- one of which is to one of the better recruiters in the history of the game.

Plus, there are just so many variables to the recruiting game. Who else does IU get (or lose) between now and his decision day? Who else do the other schools get (or lose)?
Curious who on this list do you consider one of the better recruiters in the history of the game??

Really? Can't think of a single big he's "developed" at Wake. I can tell you from living in NC he's on thin ice and the thinking is they need to show major improvement or he won't be around to coach any 2019 kids. I'd have similar concerns with Fran at IA, although with his temperament, he's kind of always in danger of not being around! Those 2 and PU don't seem likely destinations to me.

I believe Manning coached at Tulsa prior to WF. That program has long been a coaching incubator similar to Buthead. Guys get hired, do a good job and make the jump to a bigger program. Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith, and Bill Self. Damn. That’s three guys that went on to win national titles.

Have a great week.

I believe Manning coached at Tulsa prior to WF. That program has long been a coaching incubator similar to Buthead. Guys get hired, do a good job and make the jump to a bigger program. Nolan Richardson, Tubby Smith, and Bill Self. Damn. That’s three guys that went on to win national titles.

Have a great week.

Maybe so, but that says more about Tulsa than it does Manning. Still no proof in my mind that he is a good developer of bigs or that he's not on the hot seat at WF. He is.

Anytime a top recruit is on campus especially by his own accord, it's not meaningless. He will commit in the next couple of months and if it isn't IU I'll be shocked.
He lives, what, forty five minutes away and has tons of friends at IU. His visit wasn’t basketball related. It was a kid being a kid. It was welcome week at IU. Not surprised he wanted to get down there and hang out. Again, as it relates to his recruitment, his visit to IU this weekend is meaningless.

I’m not surprised the typical IU fans blow this visit out of proportion. It isn’t basketball related. Again, MEANINGLESS in terms of his recruitment.

He lives, what, forty five minutes away and has tons of friends at IU. His visit wasn’t basketball related. It was a kid being a kid. It was welcome week at IU. Not surprised he wanted to get down there and hang out. Again, as it relates to his recruitment, his visit to IU this weekend is meaningless.

I’m not surprised the typical IU fans blow this visit out of proportion. It isn’t basketball related. Again, MEANINGLESS in terms of his recruitment.
He probably has friends going to Purdue but you did not see if going up their for a visit. I think anytime he just visits IU campus it is a good thing.

Reactions: TommyCracker
He probably has friends going to Purdue but you did not see if going up their for a visit. I think anytime he just visits IU campus it is a good thing.
Yeah no *hit. Who in the hell would volunarily go to Purdue to hang out? Lol. I don’t disagree, that it can’t hurt, but I don’t think the visit in and of itself, means anything major.

Maybe so, but that says more about Tulsa than it does Manning. Still no proof in my mind that he is a good developer of bigs or that he's not on the hot seat at WF. He is.

The big man development reputation comes from his time at Kansas. They had a string of 1st round bigs who were mostly upperclassmen under Manning.

How much of that is attributable to Danny himself is hard to say, and it doesn't seem to have translated to Tulsa or Wake Forest.

Yeah no *hit. Who in the hell would volunarily go to Purdue to hang out? Lol. I don’t disagree, that it can’t hurt, but I don’t think the visit in and of itself, means anything major.

Now THIS I agree with and if you would have led with this assertion, I would not have responded.

That said, stating that it is "MEANINGLESS" is not the same as "means anything major".

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
ADVERTISEMENT