ADVERTISEMENT

Trayce Jackson Davis down to six

All getting official visits.....except Purdue. Lol!
Isn't he from Greenwood (which is closer to Purdue than all the others except IU)? Unfortunately, I don't think he'll have trouble paying his own way to Purdue if he wants to visit.

Isn't he from Greenwood (which is closer to Purdue than all the others except IU)? Unfortunately, I don't think he'll have trouble paying his own way to Purdue if he wants to visit.
I would be surprised if he actually took his unofficial to Purdue. That was more of my point, poking fun of Purdue.

Reactions: baileyiu
Sure, but IU is closer, and it's the kind of treatment a school only on the list for token reasons gets....not saying there is no chance....just it doesn't look good for them.

Sure, but IU is closer, and it's the kind of treatment a school only on the list for token reasons gets....not saying there is no chance....just it doesn't look good for them.

Purdue probably won’t even get that visit. He wants to go to iu. Center Grove is Iu country. He will be a great get for you. I just hope Purdue can get the guys they’re really in on. Congrats.

I like our chances with this list. Davis is my favorite player in this class. Lunch pale type player.

Reactions: IUgradman
A little surprised with Iowa, Wake Forrest and Purdue being on the list

Not so much surprised with Wake, maybe. I wouldn't know the possible connection there nor was I aware of any interest in Purdue being on the radar. But Iowa? That's kind of a head scratcher for me.

Reactions: Icefan
Not so much surprised with Wake, maybe. I wouldn't know the possible connection there nor was I aware of any interest in Purdue being on the radar. But Iowa? That's kind of a head scratcher for me.

Danny Manning was on the Team USA coaching staff and developed a relationship with Trayce over the summer. Purdue was the first school to offer Trayce. Iowa has also recruited him hard.

Danny Manning was on the Team USA coaching staff and developed a relationship with Trayce over the summer. Purdue was the first school to offer Trayce. Iowa has also recruited him hard.

Thanks for filling me in. I hadn't followed the recruiting trail in depth, but I would still be really baffled if Iowa should be his choice. Sparty would be the one I fear.

200.gif

Reactions: mike41703
The only school I fear on this list is MSU. I like IU's chances with this list especially with him coming during Hoosier Hysteria. Still not a lock though.

Mom and him like IU, step dad likes Purdue. Don't think he comes to Purdue or even makes the visit.

passive-aggressive premature congratulatory post alert

My thoughts exactly.

Let's hold the congratulations for if/when the kid actually commits to IU. That's a pretty big list for a player who some consider a "lock" for IU. And he's taking 5 official visits -- one of which is to one of the better recruiters in the history of the game.

Plus, there are just so many variables to the recruiting game. Who else does IU get (or lose) between now and his decision day? Who else do the other schools get (or lose)?

Very impressed with this kid. Like everyone else, hoping he chooses IU.

Will IU fans put the full court press on TJD like we did with Romeo? Attending his games, supporting the kid and his family, and chanting IU at every game?

I believe IU has the greatest fans in college basketball. The most knowledgeable. The most loyal. If the program is about to make a big jump back to the top of college basketball, the fans have to make the jump also.

Reactions: 76-1

He also has a reputation as a developer of big men at Wake Forest and Kansas.

He also has a reputation as a developer of big men at Wake Forest and Kansas.

Really? Can't think of a single big he's "developed" at Wake. I can tell you from living in NC he's on thin ice and the thinking is they need to show major improvement or he won't be around to coach any 2019 kids. I'd have similar concerns with Fran at IA, although with his temperament, he's kind of always in danger of not being around! Those 2 and PU don't seem likely destinations to me.

Reactions: IUgradman
I can certainly understand him "listing" Purdue among his final six, as they were the first to offer him. (But I don't see him actually going there.)

I don't get the Wake Forest, & especially the Iowa.
I can't imagine why anyone would want to play for that spaz. (Fran)

Really? Can't think of a single big he's "developed" at Wake. I can tell you from living in NC he's on thin ice and the thinking is they need to show major improvement or he won't be around to coach any 2019 kids. I'd have similar concerns with Fran at IA, although with his temperament, he's kind of always in danger of not being around! Those 2 and PU don't seem likely destinations to me.
Wake had John Collins drafted in the first round by the Hawks a couple of years ago

Purdue probably won’t even get that visit. He wants to go to iu. Center Grove is Iu country. He will be a great get for you. I just hope Purdue can get the guys they’re really in on. Congrats.
Why wouldn't Purdue get a visit? That's what I want to know. Why wouldn't the self proclaimed "Big Man U" get a visit from one of the best bigs in this recruiting class that is an instate prospect as well? How could any rational big man NOT choose "Big Man U" over IU?

LOL! Gotta love some Purdue fans. So delusional.

Why wouldn't Purdue get a visit? That's what I want to know. Why wouldn't the self proclaimed "Big Man U" get a visit from one of the best bigs in this recruiting class that is an instate prospect as well? How could any rational big man NOT choose "Big Man U" over IU?

WTH was delusional? He’s not going to Purdue. As far as Big Man U goes...iu would have loved to have JJ, AJH, Biggie, and Haas. Talk about delusional. On the other hand we would have killed to have Yogi or Oladipo.

I read multiple times on the broilee board in the past month that you are "all in" on both TJD and Brooks. Which is it? You were all in on 3 stars Thompson and Gillis, but have lost interest in TJD and Brooks?

I read multiple times on the broilee board in the past month that you are "all in" on both TJD and Brooks. Which is it? You were all in on 3 stars Thompson and Gillis, but have lost interest in TJD and Brooks?
Yup. They’re now questioning how good TJD really is considering UNC/Duke/UK didn’t push hard for his services. Lol. Literally can’t make up the level of stupid on their board.

WTH was delusional? He’s not going to Purdue. As far as Big Man U goes...iu would have loved to have JJ, AJH, Biggie, and Haas. Talk about delusional. On the other hand we would have killed to have Yogi or Oladipo.

IU absolutely passed on JJ and AJH, and did not recruit HaaSTD at all. Swanigan I believe IU wanted, but he got adopted by the PU player/agent, and that was that. Choppy, you are gettin' sloppy-again..... Didn't Cody and company bend over and buttblast AJH and crew by 65 points in the 2 games that year, including by 37 at Mackey?

Yup. They’re now questioning how good TJD really is considering UNC/Duke/UK didn’t push hard for his services. Lol. Literally can’t make up the level of stupid on their board.

Those schools didn’t get involved because they all think he is going to IU. Ol’ Roy reached out to TJD but nothing ever came of it.

Reactions: SWA and SNU0821

Unless he has a specific academic major that gives one school an edge, the choice will come down to which staff and players the kid feels more comfortable with The school and town can';t be a dump either. They have to live and be around these people for a while.

Other than travel and other items being paid for, I don't know that an official visit and an unofficial visit is that different.

I think we have a great shot.

IU absolutely passed on JJ and AJH, and did not recruit HaaSTD at all. Swanigan I believe IU wanted, but he got adopted by the PU player/agent, and that was that. Choppy, you are gettin' sloppy-again..... Didn't Cody and company bend over and buttblast AJH and crew by 65 points in the 2 games that year, including by 37 at Mackey?
AJH scored over 30 points in one of those games against Cody. Our team was down. I guess like beating you badly when yours was down. Btw...painted callled off the dogs after getting up 27. Cream was pressing up 35 with a minute to go. Pure class.

Painter can't even recruit Indiana. Center Grove High School isn't even an hour and a half away from Lafayette, and Painter can't get any edge other than offering TJD when he is an 8th grader.

Reactions: SNU0821
AJH scored over 30 points in one of those games against Cody. Our team was down. I guess like beating you badly when yours was down. Btw...painted callled off the dogs after getting up 27. Cream was pressing up 35 with a minute to go. Pure class.
not true, you are getting sloppy
Indiana (19-2)
|
Starters
Victor Oladipo
Jordan Hulls
Cody Zeller
Christian Watford
Kevin Ferrell
Reserves
Will Sheehey
Remy Abell
Jeremy Hollowell
Derek Elston
Maurice Creek
Hanner Mosquera-Perea
Jeff Howard
Raphael Smith
School Totals

Indiana (19-2) Table
Basic Box Score Stats
Starters MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Victor Oladipo 32 7 12 .583 6 9 .667 1 3 .333 2 2 1.000 2 4 6 2 3 1 0 0 17
Jordan Hulls 31 3 10 .300 1 3 .333 2 7 .286 2 2 1.000 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1 10
Cody Zeller 25 6 14 .429 6 14 .429 0 0 7 7 1.000 7 4 11 2 2 0 2 3 19
Christian Watford 25 5 7 .714 1 2 .500 4 5 .800 3 4 .750 2 2 4 1 1 0 1 3 17
Kevin Ferrell 19 4 6 .667 1 2 .500 3 4 .750 0 0 0 3 3 3 1 1 4 3 11
Reserves MP FG FGA FG% 2P 2PA 2P% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
Will Sheehey 18 3 5 .600 3 4 .750 0 1 .000 1 1 1.000 1 1 2 7 1 0 1 2 7
Remy Abell 18 2 4 .500 2 4 .500 0 0 2 2 1.000 2 3 5 1 1 0 0 1 6
Jeremy Hollowell 12 1 2 .500 1 1 1.000 0 1 .000 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 2 0 1 2
Derek Elston 7 1 2 .500 0 0 1 2 .500 2 2 1.000 0 1 1 1 1 1 0 4 5
Maurice Creek 6 1 5 .200 0 3 .000 1 2 .500 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 3
Hanner Mosquera-Perea 5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
Jeff Howard 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0
Raphael Smith 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

School Totals 200 33 67 .493 21 42 .500 12 25 .480 19 20 .950 15

,choppy. You need to rewatch the game. It is on youtube. IU reserves played 68 minutes! in that buttblasting at Mackey. Don't reinvent history.

Last edited:

That's not true. We definitely recruited JJ and all 3 of those Baby Boiler kids.Hell, Johnson was from Franklin Central, which is Indy's southside and usually much greater IU territory. Those were good recruiting wins for MP. Hammons I know we also recruited some, although never seemed all in. I always felt like he wanted IU to recruit him harder and offer. Don't remember much about Swanigan's recruitment, other than he committed to MSU then switched so we never seemed a player.

ADVERTISEMENT