ADVERTISEMENT

Transferring My Support To This Team?

Nov 29, 2009
Hey everyone, new here. I was born and raised in Kentucky and have been a fan since birth - I wouldn't say a hardcore fan but a casual fan at least before the Calipari era. Honestly, I am sick and tired of this one-and-done stuff. I am tired of a having a brand new team every year. I just think it's ridiculous. It was nice having an Anthony Davis and a John Wall and when they go to the NBA that's great but the whole team? I know this whole state almost bleeds blue but I am ready to switch my alliance to another team. Bloomington is close (we live in Northern KY) and my wife and I plan on visiting the city in June for a weekend trip. What can you tell me about the team? How is the fanbase? Does almost the whole team stay a while? How is Bloomington? My wife and I are foodies. I am going to look at some other Big 10 schools (definitely not Ohio State, hate Ohio - work there) also to see where I should put my support behind.

Were you associated with Melvin Turpin by any chance? I remember those Kentucky teams he was on in the early 80's. Between he and Sam Bowie they dominated the paint and it was difficult to get a shot off.

IU is just entering their second year with a new coach. He has made a commitment at this point to recruit the state of Indiana. It is too early in Archie Miller's IU tenure to say how many one and done type players IU will have moving forward.

Well...if you are a foodie then Bloomington is for you. Born and raised in Bloomington. The thing is the restaurants in the area don’t last if it’s not quality. Pretty tough market for chain restaurants.(which is a good thing). Take your pick of the well established places.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
Good idea to leave the Dark Side. Please leave all Emory money packages and the nasty Pitino Ho's on the other side of the Ohio river. Welcome to Indiana.

Reactions: 76-1
Hey everyone, new here. I was born and raised in Kentucky and have been a fan since birth - I wouldn't say a hardcore fan but a casual fan at least before the Calipari era. Honestly, I am sick and tired of this one-and-done stuff. I am tired of a having a brand new team every year. I just think it's ridiculous. It was nice having an Anthony Davis and a John Wall and when they go to the NBA that's great but the whole team? I know this whole state almost bleeds blue but I am ready to switch my alliance to another team. Bloomington is close (we live in Northern KY) and my wife and I plan on visiting the city in June for a weekend trip. What can you tell me about the team? How is the fanbase? Does almost the whole team stay a while? How is Bloomington? My wife and I are foodies. I am going to look at some other Big 10 schools (definitely not Ohio State, hate Ohio - work there) also to see where I should put my support behind.
The bloomington food scene hasn't been the same since mustards closed.

Weird trollike post

Confused what to make of it

medium.jpeg

What exactly does one do to get exiled from Big Blue Nation? Did he suggest their players attend class after the first semester?

But seriously, a few of my UK friends admit that they miss players that have a connection to the school and the fans. Those that actually went to UK seem to miss having actual student athletes. I believe the longer they go between titles, the more people will want the players to stay more than a year.

Reactions: 76-1
Just to let you know this same post is on another IU site under another user name so I would not believe this post. Also heard this same post is on other teams sites as well.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
Only been there a few times but that place tops my list of the ssllooowwweesssttt fast food places on the planet.

LOL! Yeah, our east side Golden Arches on Hwy 46 in Terre Haute seems to be extremely slow, imo. I haven't been to B-town for awhile, but I always enjoyed the dining experience when there. It would be hard to imagine a college town atmosphere any better. The Upland Brewery, Nicks, a pizza from Mother Bears? Tasty! Great food and spirits!

Obviously an IU or UL fan trying to push the narrative that’s UK fans are tired of Cal. Pretty obvious fail.

Obviously an IU or UL fan trying to push the narrative that’s UK fans are tired of Cal. Pretty obvious fail.
Or a Cat fan wanting IU fans to agree w him...while at same time enjoying Romeo’s choice...

What exactly does one do to get exiled from Big Blue Nation? Did he suggest their players attend class after the first semester?

But seriously, a few of my UK friends admit that they miss players that have a connection to the school and the fans. Those that actually went to UK seem to miss having actual student athletes. I believe the longer they go between titles, the more people will want the players to stay more than a year.
Refusing to burn a couch ..

Reactions: Rakkasan29 and 76-1

If you are one of the few Kentuckians with teeth, Nick’s is good.

giphy.gif

Let it slip that he hoped to one day see another home and home series between the kittens and the Hoosiers?

Nah..., that couldn't have been it..., he'd be looking to move rather than just visit...;)

This encapsulates what I dislike about Kentucky fans.

Reactions: TopSet80
Just to let you know this same post is on another IU site under another user name so I would not believe this post. Also heard this same post is on other teams sites as well.

Detective Scott has solved another message board crime. I have some questions though.

Is posting on a different site with a different name wrong?

Is posting the same message on 2 different teams sites wrong?

Would anybody have believed this story had there not been any repeat posts on other sites?

91e177248050411c2d106eefd3100536.jpg

LOL! You posted this same thing on the Purdue board

Few people here would know that since pretty much everyone with IU ties was blacklisted after you guys got bounced from the NCAA's last year.

Your mods have a serious inferiority complex.

Reactions: mike41703
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT