ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal

For guys leaving IU, think they want a better chance to play and it isn’t as likely at IU due to talent. Per one’s coming to IU, think they want a chance to showcase themselves in B10 and like the LEO culture. For most part it seems to be working decently. And it’s not a mass roster overhaul every year.

Reasons to transfer:
1. Playing time
2. Get a graduate degree
3. Don’t like where I am - coaches or geography
4. Want to join a different culture ( I suspect this may be a little unique to IU)
5. Play in a larger arena - stronger conference, more tv coverage.

When will we start to see trades? I remember way back in the day I had a dream that IU made a trade with Wisconsin and got Michael Finley!

ha I know this is tongue in cheek but this will not happen anytime in our near future, if ever. The ONLY way that could happen is if schools ever decided to begin paying players legitimate semi-pro salaries. Then I could see contractual options like this involved but........I proclaimed players would eventually get paid over a decade ago and was told it would never happen......and even I can't imagine we would get to this sort of level in my lifetime. Too many logistical and maybe even ethical hurdles that would need to be cleared.

Then again, on March 15 2020, I didn't know the next day I would be working from home for at least the next year to a year and half...so.

Reactions: IU73 and vesuvius13
When will we start to see trades? I remember way back in the day I had a dream that IU made a trade with Wisconsin and got Michael Finley!
I loved Micheal Finley. Finley, Respert, Micheal Redd, and Jalen Rose were probably my favorite non-Indiana B1G players of the 90's. Also loved Iverson, Ray Allen, Jason Kidd, LJ, and Mashburn.

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT