Transfer OL

Discussion in 'IU Football Board' started by Tegray1, Feb 9, 2019.

1. Tegray1

Tegray1 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

I think we should be looking for someone with 2 years left at least who has to sit out. We will have 3 senior starters at least next year and very young after that.

td75 likes this.
  2. ESalum86

ESalum86 Sophomore
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I would agree with you except we have VERY little experienced depth at OT. We have a lot of experienced depth in the three interior OL spots but believe our only OT with starting experience is Cronk. I believe Jones has more playing experience than Love but he is a RS soph. Love is 5th year but little time on the field. I like the future with Bedford & Rafferty but one should be asking a girl to his senior prom while the other was doing just that one year ago.

We need experience at OT.

vesuvius13 likes this.
  3. Tegray1

Tegray1 Sophomore
    Expand Collapse

Jones did play some this year. Rafferty was a very high rated recruit. I get what you are saying. Might depend on the quality of the transfer. Gonna depend on how good Rafferty and Beery look.

vesuvius13 and ESalum86 like this.
  4. 82IU

82IU Redshirt
    Expand Collapse

We need the "Big Uglies" for both sides. The recruitment and development of our lines will determine how much success our team has. I have been very excited about the recruiting success of most every position but our offensive line recruits seem to be lacking. I'm hoping to have to eat my words.