ADVERTISEMENT

Trading MSU for Purdue in the divisions

At least I can remember the last time Purdue went to the Rose Bowl...Trent Green being in the IUHOF tells me all I need to know...lol...

Green enjoyed a 15 year career in the NFL. He was a 2x Pro Bowler. He didn't put up prolific passing yards at IU because he had two fantastic RBs in Anthony Thompson and Vaughn Dunbar.

Now, you go ahead and tell us all about your own NFL career or the 4 year deal you got for $17.5 million with a $4.5 million signing bonus.

I'm dying to hear it.

And when was the last time PU went to the Rose Bowl before that? That's what I thought. You must be pretty impressed with IU's trip to the NCAA b-ball championship in 2002: that happened even sooner than the 8-4 Rose Bowl team.
The last time Purdue went to a Rose Bowl Meg Ryan was the best-looking woman in Hollywood. Things have a way of changing in 18 years. Come to think of it, 2017 Purdue has a lot in common with 2017 Meg Ryan.

Also, I assume you're on here talking smack about IU because Northwestern is spanking your ass right now.

And when was the last time PU went to the Rose Bowl before that? That's what I thought. You must be pretty impressed with IU's trip to the NCAA b-ball championship in 2002: that happened even sooner than the 8-4 Rose Bowl team.

Trent Green's NFL numbers are considerably better than Orton's: what point are you trying to make there?

How convenient you talk about the Chiefs, not IU...Wanna talk about Drew Brees ? Thought not...

How convenient you talk about the Chiefs, not IU...Wanna talk about Drew Brees ? Thought not...
Purdue has two NFL HOF quarterbacks in Len Dawson and Bob Griese, and Brees will no doubt be the third. When you include Purdue grad Hank Stram, that's four current or future HOF members who wore Purdue uniforms.

Drew Brees is a great QB. Notice I'm not the one making stupid comparisons. Trent Green proved himself to be better than Kyle Orton at the highest level: try again.

Want to talk about Anthony Thompson? Goodness, lol

8-4 Rose Bowl...GD, LMFAO, don't even know what to think when a team makes the Rose Bowl at a paltry 8-4. I'm dead serious, I don't know what to think of that. My first thoughts are laughter, coupled with a WTF???

Drew Brees became a HOF QB after leaving San Diego. He also played college ball at Purdue. Tom Brady played at UM.

And Brady was picked almost last in the NFL draft..God bless him...all I'm saying is this board has more excuses than the Penn State board. Just this season you guys want to realign the B1G, leave the B1G, blah, blah, blah.

Purdue has two NFL HOF quarterbacks in Len Dawson and Bob Griese, and Brees will no doubt be the third. When you include Purdue grad Hank Stram, that's four current or future HOF members who wore Purdue uniforms.

True.

Do you have posters of them on your wall? I cannot tell if your inner hatred for IU stems from your secret love for Purdue or you just take every opportunity to take a shot at the school you follow?

8-4 Rose Bowl...GD, LMFAO, don't even know what to think when a team makes the Rose Bowl at a paltry 8-4. I'm dead serious, I don't know what to think of that. My first thoughts are laughter, coupled with a WTF???

Beat Notre Dame, Michigan, and Ohio State. IU did that when again ?

Drew Brees is a great QB. Notice I'm not the one making stupid comparisons. Trent Green proved himself to be better than Kyle Orton at the highest level: try again.

Brees is a great NFL QB who got going after leaving SD. He was a good QB in college but not the best player in his own collegiate state.

They were 8-3 (6-2 in conference). The 4th loss was the bowl game. They lost at #21 ND, at Penn State, and at Michigan State. So making it at 8-3 isn’t that crazy.

No bucket, no bowl, no Heisman...

All I see is 8-4, bro. That's a fraud Rose Bowl team and many, many people would agree with me. 8-4??? LOL

True.

Do you have posters of them on your wall? I cannot tell if your inner hatred for IU stems from your secret love for Purdue or you just take every opportunity to take a shot at the school you follow?
I knew you weren't aware of those facts, so I wanted you to be better informed. At no time did I denigrate IU when posting those facts, though your little tantrum is noted.

Purdue is an ugly duckling, always was. Why these purdue people find their way over here to act like they're decent in football is comical.

Let me leave with this...IU will be playing for their 5th Bucket win in a row. Quit telling me how great you people are, cause you're not.

Purdue is an ugly duckling, always was. Why these purdue people find their way over here to act like they're decent in football is comical.

Let me leave with this...IU will be playing for their 5th Bucket win in a row. Quit telling me how great you people are, cause you're not.
They have a football game going on right now and they are over here, lol

Reactions: td75

Trent Green's NFL numbers are considerably better than Orton's: what point are you trying to make there?

How were their college numbers ? That's what this thread is about. College. And what HOF would Trent Green be in outside of IU (if he hadn't given to a certain university weight room)? Try to keep up.

How were their college numbers ? That's what this thread is about. College. And what HOF would Trent Green be in outside of IU (if he hadn't given to a certain university weight room)? Try to keep up.
This thread is really about exposing you for the douchebag you are and revealing your obsession with your big brother.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
All I see is 8-4, bro. That's a fraud Rose Bowl team and many, many people would agree with me. 8-4??? LOL

Wikipedia is your friend. Their 4th loss was the Rose Bowl game when they lost by 10 to number 4 Washington. They only played 11 regular season games in those days. And no it’s not a fraud rose bowl team.

Congrats on your bucket streak. We’ve had I think 10 streaks of 4+ in a row in the series. I think it could be a good game.

8-4??? By that measure, Mallory had two Rose Bowl teams here at IU in the late 80s. I mean this is hilarious...

You compared Trent Green and Kyle Orton, and it was a stupid comparison: let's move on.

Mallory's offense was very run oriented and the polar opposite of Tiller's offense. Trent proved himself to be a very capable passing QB at the highest level, though: much better than Orton.

I would say it is dumb for a PU fan to pretend like PU's football program is a great program on an IU board, especially after IU has won the last 4 and you have a game on right now.

Last edited:
Hey Scott, ANY purdue fan talking shit about football is dumb, too. That's what's comical, you people actually thinking you're some decent program. Purdue has been a stain most of my 42 years, they just have.

Brees is a great NFL QB who got going after leaving SD. He was a good QB in college but not the best player in his own collegiate state.

Curious as to what you mean? Not the best player in his own collegiate state? You are aware that by middle of next season barring injury Bree's will hold every NFL passing record correct?

This thread is really about exposing you for the douchebag you are and revealing your obsession with your big brother.

So correct me , please. How would a college QB with Trent's numbers get into any HOF unless he gave $$$ to the AD.

Edit: because of any IU fan deriding any other football program is dumb...and the Purdue game is boring...

Suggesting that the division's could be better balanced is deriding PU? That doesn't pass the smell,test, yes, we know why you guys all live here...and so do you.

Reactions: Mr_Scott
Curious as to what you mean? Not the best player in his own collegiate state? You are aware that by middle,of next season barring injury Bree's will hold every NFL passing record correct?

As a Drew Bree's fan I am well of his NFL success post SD.

ADVERTISEMENT