ADVERTISEMENT

Tracy Smith will return to ASU after surviving an ultimatum..

he was given after last season by the AD. ASU started the season 21-0, but ended up finishing the Pac-12 season at 16-13 and 38-19 overall. The AD said after the end of this season that he expects to see continued improvement with the program.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...ll-coach-after-15-win-improvement/1344757001/
That sounds like a miserable situation for Coach Smith. Almost like a year by year situation. No job security. I wonder if that negatively impacts recruiting and ultimately costs him his job anyway.

That sounds like a miserable situation for Coach Smith. Almost like a year by year situation. No job security. I wonder if that negatively impacts recruiting and ultimately costs him his job anyway.
Coach Smith knew he was going into a pressure cooker situation at ASU when he took the job there, but the allure of taking over one of the top jobs in the country was one he couldn't pass up. The fans there demand big results every season, and you know he has to be feeling a lot of stress with that job. I would say it is safe to say that the deep-pocketed baseball supporters there have a lot of sway over the AD, so just making the tournament, but not advancing, won't be enough. He did a lot for the IU program and I sure hope it works out for him out there.

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT