ADVERTISEMENT

Trace loves talking Shiiiit

Obi Toppin was 22 when drafted last year. I think it's just the glut of early entries, but I don't think it's that teams won't take older guys, I think it's just so many guys are leaving early, it skews the results away from seniors. For top kids, I think they see it as an insult to their ability to wait. But, I think he clearly needs to show more for him to be a top (first half of first rd) pick, and has nothing to do with his age. I think he'd be more likely to get picked in the first round next year, IF he comes back and demonstrated a decent jumper.

And Payton Pritchard. And Udoka Azubuike. And Malchi Flynn. And Desmond Bane. But yes, TJD needs to develop a mid-range and right hand before worrying about being a 1st round pick, aged 22 or not.

Reactions: 76-1 and kkott
I don't see a 21 yr old TJD going in the first round either. So yes, a bit of a conundrum. Not sure leaving early does him any good. But not sure staying here is going to help either.
I think he's good enough, someone will take a flyer on him towards the end of round 1 or in round 2. I think he's talented enough to go much higher, if he'd only demonstrate a capable jump shot that they could work with. He's not big or athletic enough imo to be a rim protector, so I think it's really hurting his draft stock not to show a reliable jumper even out to 18' or so. He rarely, rarely shoots beyond 10' from my view. I think a 22yo TJD who shows he's not afraid to take an 18'er and makes a reasonable # will get drafter much higher than a 21 yo who doesn't.

I think he will get drafted in the second round this year, but coming back isn’t gonna change that. Might as well go pro now, he isn’t shooting 100 threes next year at IU at a 40% clip.
Even if the NBA doesn’t work out for TJD, he will likely still make a couple hundred thousand per year playing overseas. Not a bad way to make a living. Play basketball, see the world and get paid and get laid while you do it.

Reactions: Cavanagh.13
Obi Toppin was 22 when drafted last year. I think it's just the glut of early entries, but I don't think it's that teams won't take older guys, I think it's just so many guys are leaving early, it skews the results away from seniors. For top kids, I think they see it as an insult to their ability to wait. But, I think he clearly needs to show more for him to be a top (first half of first rd) pick, and has nothing to do with his age. I think he'd be more likely to get picked in the first round next year, IF he comes back and demonstrated a decent jumper.

Obi was an outlier. Like I said, about a 2% chance of happening. Trace was a McDonald’s all American, he has been evaluated, he is t improving his jumper at IU better than with the bulls.

If that’s true, which you certainly don’t know for sure, it would be a mistake. At his size he needs at least a mid-range game. He currently has no right hand either. He has lots to work on. He goes pro he risks becoming a journeyman who doesn’t reach his potential.

He's not staying in the association a year..
Tyler Zeller is a friend ..
A .ACC player of the year..
Can't make a team..
And he'd eat TJD up..
No..Trace isn't playing in the NBA without a bunch more offensive ability
And dont go ..They draft on potential....
Potential means you can do more than crab dribble..
And I like him ..A bunch ~

Potential means you can do more than crab dribble..

Reactions: 76-1
Obi was an outlier. Like I said, about a 2% chance of happening. Trace was a McDonald’s all American, he has been evaluated, he is t improving his jumper at IU better than with the bulls.
What's with various Cavanagh handles. Is this the same Cav, with different IDs, or imposters, or what? I don't think I've seen anyone take a stab at explaining it.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Talking shit gets him goin. Lot of talking from trace tonight damn I love it.

and you better ****ing start Lander in the second half. And every game here on out!!!! Such a natural PG. Jesus play him!!!

Talking shit gets him goin. Lot of talking from trace tonight damn I love it.

and you better ****ing start Lander in the second half. And every game here on out!!!! Such a natural PG. Jesus play him!!!
You must love the Globetrotters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT