ADVERTISEMENT

Trace loves talking Shiiiit

I mean Johnson has 6 inches and 50lbs? Tough ask. there is one thing I will never complain about, that is TJ D.

This is probably one of the dumbest things you’ve ever posted on here and for you that’s really saying something.

If we had a coach who was actually worth a **** he would’ve benched TJD in the first half and ripped him a new @sshole for an effort like this.

Last edited:
Playing against Johnson was a foreshadowing experience for Trace. Everyone he plays against in the NBA will be as big and strong as Johnson. Furthermore they will be quicker. I'm sure Trace's father will confirm this view.

If trace wants to play at the next level, he has to:
  • Develop his right hand as a go-to game weapon.
  • Develop a mid-range jump shot in which he has confidence. No more passing up elbow jumpers.
  • Develop his free throw shooting.
  • Learn to choose a jump stop instead of 8+ foot runners.
  • Get bigger and stronger.

Ironic that the Rutgers player got a T for taunting considering all the taunting TJD gets away with.

Put him at the FF line with 50% of the regular posters on this forum and he wouldn't be doing much talking. He'd be losing his lunch money.

McHoop

you know guys and talking about 6 inches. Tjd is the best part of this team, and he will be gone in a few months. Then we will have a senior Rob to lead the team..... oh my.
If that’s true, which you certainly don’t know for sure, it would be a mistake. At his size he needs at least a mid-range game. He currently has no right hand either. He has lots to work on. He goes pro he risks becoming a journeyman who doesn’t reach his potential.

Reactions: 76-1
Put him at the FF line with 50% of the regular posters on this forum and he wouldn't be doing much talking. He'd be losing his lunch money.

McHoop
I'm 53 yrs old....lost half my high school vertical (probably more) and carrying 20 lbs more than I should...and I can still go to the gym and hit 8 out of 10 any day of the week. I actually hit 27 in a row last yr before COVID shut down our gym for months. Anyhow.... The recent free throw struggles in our program are .....I can't even find the superlative in my limited vocabulary. I actually hope we DON'T get into the bonus during close games, because more times than not it's a disadvantage for us. Our final numbers vs Iowa would have been shameful if not for Durham finally stepping up and doing what a senior guard should be able to do...hit free throws late in a close game. at one point I think we were 9 of 22.

I laugh when I see these guys give off primal screams after uncontested dunks (I think Baker did it yesterday) or get a bucket-and-foul, then turn and flex their rather modest shoulders and biceps. Kids these days....

If that’s true, which you certainly don’t know for sure, it would be a mistake. At his size he needs at least a mid-range game. He currently has no right hand either. He has lots to work on. He goes pro he risks becoming a journeyman who doesn’t reach his potential.

trace is about to turn 21. If he wants to play professionally he needs to try after this year. Coming back is not gonna do his stock any good. The nba does not draft 22 year olds often in the first round.

trace is about to turn 21. If he wants to play professionally he needs to try after this year. Coming back is not gonna do his stock any good. The nba does not draft 22 year olds often in the first round.
I don't see a 21 yr old TJD going in the first round either. So yes, a bit of a conundrum. Not sure leaving early does him any good. But not sure staying here is going to help either.

Reactions: kkott
I don't see a 21 yr old TJD going in the first round either. So yes, a bit of a conundrum. Not sure leaving early does him any good. But not sure staying here is going to help either.

I think he will get drafted in the second round this year, but coming back isn’t gonna change that. Might as well go pro now, he isn’t shooting 100 threes next year at IU at a 40% clip.

I'm 53 yrs old....lost half my high school vertical (probably more) and carrying 20 lbs more than I should...and I can still go to the gym and hit 8 out of 10 any day of the week. I actually hit 27 in a row last yr before COVID shut down our gym for months. Anyhow.... The recent free throw struggles in our program are .....I can't even find the superlative in my limited vocabulary. I actually hope we DON'T get into the bonus during close games, because more times than not it's a disadvantage for us. Our final numbers vs Iowa would have been shameful if not for Durham finally stepping up and doing what a senior guard should be able to do...hit free throws late in a close game. at one point I think we were 9 of 22.

I laugh when I see these guys give off primal screams after uncontested dunks (I think Baker did it yesterday) or get a bucket-and-foul, then turn and flex their rather modest shoulders and biceps. Kids these days....

I thought the same thing about all the muscle flexing and screaming "and 1". Really? I always thought the advice to not act like it's the first time and it won't be the last was good. Get off both our lawns!

scary thing about that "Get off my lawn" scene...when the punk is staring him down, with his 2 fellow punks standing directly behind him....that M1 Garand that Walt was pointing would have taken out all 3 punks...with one shot.

Love that flick. All you need is vice grips, duct tape and WD40. And a case of PBR.

Last edited:
I think he will get drafted in the second round this year, but coming back isn’t gonna change that. Might as well go pro now, he isn’t shooting 100 threes next year at IU at a 40% clip.

If he's not going in the first round (and I doubt that he is) he's foolish to go, in my opinion... He's got plenty to work on, but one more year might just get him there (into the 1st round)...

Last edited:
One thing I really noticed yesterday, was how frequently as we move the ball around the perimeter, our guys actually take the time to face the basket, to at least suggest a shot or entry pass, let alone a fake. That makes us infinitely easier to guard, and allows guys to stay closer to their man and not worry about the guy with the ball driving. Seems like one of those little things that is certainly hampering our offensive efficiency. Hard to imply triple threat position facing away from the basket, but it was rampant when I was watching.

If he's not going in the first round (and I doubt that he is) he's foolish to go, in my opinion... He's got plenty to work on, but me more year might just get him there (into the 1st round)...

see that’s the thing, there is about a 2% chance he will do enough to go in the first round. 22 year olds don’t get drafted in the 1st round. The risk reward to go/stay is obvious.

see that’s the thing, there is about a 2% chance he will do enough to go in the first round. 22 year olds don’t get drafted in the 1st round. The risk reward to go/stay is obvious.
Obi Toppin was 22 when drafted last year. I think it's just the glut of early entries, but I don't think it's that teams won't take older guys, I think it's just so many guys are leaving early, it skews the results away from seniors. For top kids, I think they see it as an insult to their ability to wait. But, I think he clearly needs to show more for him to be a top (first half of first rd) pick, and has nothing to do with his age. I think he'd be more likely to get picked in the first round next year, IF he comes back and demonstrated a decent jumper.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT