ADVERTISEMENT

Toughest BT coaching jobs

It's a different list depending on the criteria. If you're talking about reward/potential legacy its IU and I don't think there's any question. But I digress that its the easiest job. It's not and that's clearly evident over the last 20 years. Bob Knight set a standard almost impossible to replicate, let alone duplicate. There's only been three college programs that have been able to sustain almost the same status quo through the duration of college basketball (Kansas/UNC/Kentucky) and why they are considered kings.

Despite IU being the most rewarding job with the most upside, I really think Ohio State and Michigan are probably the two "easiest" jobs in the B10. By far and away the top two revenue producing schools in the B10 (due to their football programs), largest national brands of any school in the B10 (again due to their football programs), and don't have near the make or break expecations as their football counterparts (this is the biggest key in my opinion). The head coach at Indiana is going to have all the tools and resources at his disposal to succeed but so are the head coaches at Michigan and Ohio State...without the highest expectations.

my point was where are the Jay Wright's of the basketball world when IU has an opening?
I won’t pretend to know what would convince Jay Wright, or any other coach with a top level job to leave for IU or anywhere else as it could be a litany of things. You tell me....

I won’t pretend to know what would convince Jay Wright, or any other coach with a top level job to leave for IU or anywhere else as it could be a litany of things. You tell me....

Big stage, blue blood school, built-in advantages at IU, all the things I read on this board as to why IU is such a great job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT