ADVERTISEMENT

Tough guy drone strikes 7 children...

IUCrazy2

Hall of Famer
Mar 7, 2004
In reaction to bombing that showed how inept he is.

Anybody really want to argue right now that Biden is doing better than Trump did? If so, by all means show your work. From where I sit Biden has done horribly on foreign policy, domestically he has not done anything of substance on COVID. He was gifted vaccines by the prior administrations push to work with manufacturers to get them to market ASAP and he and his party (and all their sycophants) have ****ed up the messaging on that. The border is a disaster. Instead of fixing they have the FAA setting up no fly zones so pictures of the flood of people are harder to come by. The economy is doing awesome....supply chains are great. So great we are all being encouraged to shop early because of the glut of products that are sure to be on shelves this Christmas (DWS).

What has gone better? Restored norms? Withholding medication from political rivals for a more equitable distribution (as opposed to sending based on needs), intimating that domestic dissidents could not win a hypothetical fight because he would bomb and nuke them...so give up your guns, pissed off allies by doing deals that iced them out of previously agreed to contracts, bugged out of Afghanistan without notifying partners, threatening to get governors out of the way, prone to lying and braggadocio....

I mean, the mean late night tweets are gone but that is probably because he doesn't know how to work a smartphone.

Seriously, defend your boy. What you got?

Come on Crazy. Mistakes happen, but you cannot actually believe there was any intent.
I don't think we meant to drone strike an innocent group of people that included 7 children. I believe that there was pressure to respond to the bombing which, on top of the shit show that Afghanistan had become in those last days, led to pressure on the military to hurry up and find a target and respond...and that led to a mistake.

We had to respond so the administration could save face and those 3 adults and 7 children (all innocent) paid the price for that, intended or not.

Edit to add: I believe there was more hand wringing on the left over sending Soleimani to hell then there is for these 7 kids. If any Republican administration had fudged up this badly considering the circumstances they would (rightly) get dragged over the coals.

Another reason the bulk of this Administration and those in the Military hierarchy involved with foisting this Debacle on our country and the Afghans should all resign (or be forced to) by no later than the end of the business day 9/20/21...

They've effectively murdered a civilian aid worker and most of his family who was allied with us...; left American Citizens behind and in harms way...; while creating the circumstances that lead to 13 of our Service Men and Women being killed (along with a unknown large number of Afghans) plus several US personnel and Afghans severely wounded...

They've left behind not only American Citizens but thousands of Afghans who fought with us who (foolishly it seems) trusted in our promise to get them out if things went south...

This Administration has screwed up in every possible way imaginable and has stained the Honor of the United States for decades to come...

Getting ANYONE to trust us when things get tough in the future will be next to impossible...

This Administration couldn't have done a more effective job of trashing everything the United States should stand for if they were all directly in the employ of a foreign adversary (((which makes one wonder)))!!!

Each of those even peripherally involved in actively triggering these events, both Military and Civilian, should either resign, be Forced to Resign, or be prosecuted in whatever venue that's available...

😡

((I didn't post about this before because I'd hoped, beyond hope, the story was a Taliban scam...; instead..., it was just more Lies from the Biden Administration [I should have known]...))...😡😡😡

*and anyone who responds to this with a laughter emoji or a fake posting name marks themselves for posterity as to exactly who they are and what they stand for*

Last edited:
Another reason the bulk of this Administration and those in the Military hierarchy involved with foisting this Debacle on our country and the Afghans should all resign (or be forced to) by no later than the end of the business day 9/20/21...

They've effectively murdered a civilian aid worker and most of his family who was allied with us...; left American Citizens behind and in harms way...; while creating the circumstances that lead to 13 of our Service Men and Women being killed (along with a unknown large number of Afghans) plus several US personnel and Afghans severely wounded...

They've left behind not only American Citizens but thousands of Afghans who fought with us who (foolishly it seems) trusted in our promise to get them out if things went south...

This Administration has screwed up in every possible way imaginable and has stained the Honor of the United States for decades to come...

Getting ANYONE to trust us when things get tough in the future will be next to impossible...

This Administration couldn't have done a more effective job of trashing everything the United States should stand for if they were all directly in the employ of a foreign adversary (((which makes one wonder)))!!!

Each of those even peripherally involved actively triggering these events, both Military and Civilian, should either resign, be Forced to Resign, or be prosecuted in whatever venue that's available...

😡

((I didn't post about this before because I'd hoped, beyond hope, the story was a Taliban scam...; instead..., it was just more Lies from the Biden Administration [I should have known]...))...😡😡😡
Are you talking about the same individuals that lied about justice Kavanaugh?

But the attempts to undermine our democratic systems continue, even without the tweets.
Yeh that is real concerning. NOT! The democratic political system in this country sux and needs overhauled. The duopoloy has their MSM cronies and they blackball any other party that wants their voices heard. Why, if those voices are heard it would be the end of them. The way the primaries are configured is a farce.

Each of those even peripherally involved in actively triggering these events, both Military and Civilian, should either resign, be Forced to Resign, or be prosecuted in whatever venue that's available...

😡

*and anyone who responds to this with a laughter emoji or a fake posting name marks themselves for posterity as to exactly who they are and what they stand for*
The drone strike was a horrible tragedy, another f^ck up by our intel, and another embarrassment for the Biden administration. But wait, anyone who's dismissive of your post "marks themselves for posterity as to who they are and what they stand for?" Posterity? Seriously? Dude, this is a f*cking anonymous message board. Take a deep breath and get a grip.

Reactions: DrHoops
The drone strike was a horrible tragedy, another f^ck up by our intel, and another embarrassment for the Biden administration. But wait, anyone who's dismissive of your post "marks themselves for posterity as to who they are and what they stand for?" Posterity? Seriously? Dude, this is a f*cking anonymous message board. Take a deep breath and get a grip.
76 has become the King of Apocalyptic Proclamations...since January 6th.

Reactions: Bowlmania

😡

When the Saxon began to hate.....

Come on Crazy. Mistakes happen, but you cannot actually believe there was any intent.
They’re idiots. We we’re supposed to have a grown up non mean tweeter running the show. Him and his entire administration are inept. Go on hating Trump with the democrats but there’s no doubt Trump’s administration ran the country much better than what we have now.

A most interesting discussion on the use of drones involved former Democrat Congressman Lee Hamilton and his retired Methodist minister brother Richard Hamilton. Both argued against the use of drones by the Obama administration. They characterized the use of drones as political assassination akin to terrorist tactics.

I found it interesting partly because they were presenting a moral position which overrode their preferred party affiliation. Something which we could use more of these days.

Intel sucks. Can you say yellowcake?
That sure didn't stop the Democrats from blaming Bush when we didn't find WMDs in Iraq even though all INTEL said there was and Clinton believed there was.

Reactions: DANC
That sure didn't stop the Democrats from blaming Bush when we didn't find WMDs in Iraq even though all INTEL said there was and Clinton believed there was.
That's my point. Our intel sucks and we end up making bad decisions based on it.

Of course, it's also probably true that we never hear about the good decisions based on good intel.

The thing is the same people that criticized Bush will be on here defending Biden when both probably acted on the information they had. I'd like to know for sure who was killed with the drone attack. Seems like to me it would be difficult to get good information out of there.

Reactions: DANC
A most interesting discussion on the use of drones involved former Democrat Congressman Lee Hamilton and his retired Methodist minister brother Richard Hamilton. Both argued against the use of drones by the Obama administration. They characterized the use of drones as political assassination akin to terrorist tactics.

I found it interesting partly because they were presenting a moral position which overrode their preferred party affiliation. Something which we could use more of these days.
Whether it is Bush, Obama, Trump, or Biden, consider the popular former Indiana Congressman Lee Hamilton's thoughtful comments concerning the use of drones as follows,

Do we want our resources spent on targeted killing programs? Who determines who gets killed? What’s the evidence on which we base who gets killed? How many innocent people have been killed? The American people have a right to know what’s going on. But we’re being kept in the dark.

I don't think we meant to drone strike an innocent group of people that included 7 children. I believe that there was pressure to respond to the bombing which, on top of the shit show that Afghanistan had become in those last days, led to pressure on the military to hurry up and find a target and respond...and that led to a mistake.

We had to respond so the administration could save face and those 3 adults and 7 children (all innocent) paid the price for that, intended or not.

Edit to add: I believe there was more hand wringing on the left over sending Soleimani to hell then there is for these 7 kids. If any Republican administration had fudged up this badly considering the circumstances they would (rightly) get dragged over the coals.

Are we just talking drone strikes, or are we including toppling the Iraqi government?

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
The thing is the same people that criticized Bush will be on here defending Biden when both probably acted on the information they had. I'd like to know for sure who was killed with the drone attack. Seems like to me it would be difficult to get good information out of there.

People were on here saying Biden wouldn't do anything. Collateral damage is tricky for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
How many innocent civilians have been killed by US drone strikes over the last 20 years across the globe? It's in the thousands and it's rarely reported upon unless there is partisan axe to grind

Reactions: DrHoops and hoot1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT