ADVERTISEMENT

TotalAV Antivirus

Use Windows Defender, included in Windows.

Install the uBlock Origin add-on in all your browsers.

Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) and do a manual scan regularly. If you really think you need added protection, use the $$$ version of Malwarebytes, which will provide resident running detection.

Don't click on anything stoopid.

Has anybody used/heard about this product?
Any opinions, positive or negative?
It's been around for quite a while... Here's a rating of it. There are much better ones than it. A lot of ISPs supply you with a virus software package.

Looks like McAfee is not going to be your best choice.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
I urge you to go to YouTube and search “How to uninstall Mcafee antivirus”.

that dude was messed up. Enjoy.
I would have voted for him had he gotten the Libertarian nomination for president.

Use Windows Defender, included in Windows.

Install the uBlock Origin add-on in all your browsers.

Install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (free version) and do a manual scan regularly. If you really think you need added protection, use the $$$ version of Malwarebytes, which will provide resident running detection.

Don't click on anything stoopid.

And they'll still get you if they want. I manage a damn IT department as my job. And my home network got encrypted with ransomware. Somehow. Got up one morning, the main PC had the text file on the desktop telling me my shit was encrypted (it was) and it had gotten to every PC and server on my home network, including everything on the SAN in the basement. All Gone.

Fortunately I had off site data backups, but I had to rebuild the entire environment. Like 5 PC's and a half dozen virtual servers, full data restore to the SAN. Took a long damn time.

He recently resigned and sold out from everything.

McAfee Associates

In 1987, McAfee founded McAfee Associates, which sold his program, the first anti-virus software to market.[17] The company was incorporated in Delaware in 1992, and had its initial public offering the same year. Two years after, in 1994, McAfee sold his remaining stake in the company.[19] He had no further involvement in its operations.[6]

McAfee Associates

In 1987, McAfee founded McAfee Associates, which sold his program, the first anti-virus software to market.[17] The company was incorporated in Delaware in 1992, and had its initial public offering the same year. Two years after, in 1994, McAfee sold his remaining stake in the company.[19] He had no further involvement in its operations.[6]

And they'll still get you if they want. I manage a damn IT department as my job. And my home network got encrypted with ransomware. Somehow. Got up one morning, the main PC had the text file on the desktop telling me my shit was encrypted (it was) and it had gotten to every PC and server on my home network, including everything on the SAN in the basement. All Gone.

Fortunately I had off site data backups, but I had to rebuild the entire environment. Like 5 PC's and a half dozen virtual servers, full data restore to the SAN. Took a long damn time.
Must have missed the "don't click on anything stoopid" part.

:)

i haven't heard of totalav.

Avast and AVG were popular free choices last I looked. Though Windows Defender is just as good and already installed with windows.

i haven't heard of totalav.

Avast and AVG were popular free choices last I looked. Though Windows Defender is just as good and already installed with windows.

Windows Defender (aka as Microsoft Security Essentials) basically put me out of the Windows computer cleanup business. I made good money back in the XP days, but that went away once MSFT installed their native AV.

Windows Defender (aka as Microsoft Security Essentials) basically put me out of the Windows computer cleanup business. I made good money back in the XP days, but that went away once MSFT installed their native AV.
@#$@ Bill Gates.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT