9. Iowa

10. Minnesota

11. Penn State

12. Northwestern

13. Illinois

14. Rutgers

Last edited:
Reactions: mike41703
Nebraska returns pretty much everyone and no one is talking about them.

MSU did lose two lottery picks, but will still have 3 top 40, near five star players and they will be upperclassman (Winston, Langford and Ward) which is really rare in this day and age. They also have McQuaid who will be a senior I think who was a solid four star guy.

Iowa, Wisconsin and Nebraska return all their key dudes I think.

I'd pull out of my butt:

MSU
Nebraska
IU
Wisconsin
Maryland
Meatchicken
Purdump
Iowa
Ohio State
Penn State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

MSU did lose two lottery picks, but will still have 3 top 40, near five star players and they will be upperclassman (Winston, Langford and Ward) which is really rare in this day and age. They also have McQuaid who will be a senior I think who was a solid four star guy.

I'd pull out of my butt:

MSU
Nebraska
IU
Wisconsin
Maryland
Meatchicken
Purdump
Iowa
Ohio State
Penn State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

You know our system .. purely by the numbers.

01. IU
02. MSU
03. Michigan
04. Maryland
05. Nebraska

(the following six are too close to call. Of them, beware of Iowa, if Fran doesn't Fran this team, they could be decent. Wisconsin could move up, if they rehire Bo. Gard is not Ryan.)

06. Wisconsin
07. Purdue
08. Iowa
09. OSU
10. Penn St.
11. Illinois

(Illinois could bottom out and N'western could over achieve based on roster construction. so they could flip places.. )

12. N'Western
13. Minnesota
14. Rutgers

COY Arch
POY Edwards

1st Team
Morgan
Langford
Palmer
Edwards
Happ

Ward of MSU could end up first, if he can play more than 25 a game, and Cash Winston if he cuts his TO's way down.

Last edited:
1. MSU
2. Nebraska
3. Wisconsin
4. IU
5. Michigan
6. Purdue
7. Ohio State
8. Maryland
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

I don't believe UM will be as strong as many believe. I may have Wisky too high, but I didn't want to be a homer and start with IU at #3. Illinois and Rutgers will be bad and Fran will be fired. Little Ricky will be on the hot seat with Illinois thinking they made a mistake, but allowing another year.

Tourney Teams

1. Michigan
2. Nebraska
3. MSU
4. IU
5. Wisconsin
6. Purdue

NIT or worse

7. Maryland
8. OSU
9. Penn State
10. Iowa
11. Northwestern
12. Minnesota
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

Tourney Teams

1. Michigan
2. Nebraska
3. MSU
4. IU
5. Wisconsin
6. Purdue

NIT or worse

7. Maryland
8. OSU
9. Penn State
10. Iowa
11. Northwestern
12. Minnesota
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers
Maryland has two projected first round picks on their roster (Smith and Fernando) and return a cookie cutter (every position and role filled) lineup. Turgeon may be bad, but he isn't that bad. Well, on the other hand, he is that bad, but you can't bank on it... lol

Last edited:
I don't get all the Wisconsin love.....

They are the same team they were last year with another decent guard and one that will be healthy that played all year. They bring in nobody.

A team that went 15-18 (7-11) last year.

Someone tell me why some of you have them second in the B10?!?!?!

I see them 5th or 6th at best.

1 MSU
2 IU
3 Nebraska
4 Maryland
5 Michigan
6 Purdue
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 OSU
10 PSU
11 Minny
12 Northwestern
13 Rutgers
14 Illinois

Reactions: kmathum

They are the same team they were last year with another decent guard and one that will be healthy that played all year. They bring in nobody.

1 MSU
2 IU
3 Nebraska
4 Maryland
5 Michigan
6 Purdue
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 OSU
10 PSU
11 Minny
12 Northwestern
13 Rutgers
14 Illinois

Right, it's obvious that Gard is not a pimple on Bo Ryan's arse. I see them better than last year, but that's not saying much.

Don't think Nebraska will be up there either. They do return 4 of 5 starters, but they return 4 of 5 starters from a mediocre team and didn't add anything to improve. Plus, Miles is bipolar, he does surprise once in a decade, but also ends up disappointing the following year after surprising.

Nebrasketball benefitted from a down B1G and an easy-as-possible schedule. They won’t be top 4.

Top 4:
IU, MSU, Mich, Maryland in some order

Next 4

Nebrasketball, OSU, Purdue, Wisco in some order

The rest:

Who cares

Right, it's obvious that Gard is not a pimple on Bo Ryan's arse. I see them better than last year, but that's not saying much.

Don't think Nebraska will be up there either. They do return 4 of 5 starters, but they return 4 of 5 starters from a mediocre team and didn't add anything to improve. Plus, Miles is bipolar, he does surprise once in a decade, but also ends up disappointing the following year after surprising.
I agree on Nebraska. When expectations are high, they have a history to disappoint.

Reactions: T.M.P.

1 MSU
2 IU
3 Nebraska
4 Maryland
5 Michigan
6 Purdue
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 OSU
10 PSU
11 Minny
12 Northwestern
13 Rutgers
14 Illinois

They've owned us for so long, I think people just see the name and assume they'll be at the top of the standings. I've seen that pendulum swing both ways, as when I was growing up Wisc always started with a W for us! Purdue has fared pretty well against WI during this time. I expect Archie to begin to right this wrong starting this season.

They've owned us for so long, I think people just see the name and assume they'll be at the top of the standings. I've seen that pendulum swing both ways, as when I was growing up Wisc always started with a W for us! Purdue has fared pretty well against WI during this time. I expect Archie to begin to right this wrong starting this season.

We owned them for soooooo much longer though. Growing up, the Wisky games were a joke. Knight had like a 40 game consecutive win streak against them. It saddens me to think that an entire generation of Badger fans have grown up and never been pummeled for decades by IU like their father's teams were. Worse yet, an entire generation of Hoosier fans have grown up never seeing a road win vs Bucky. :mad::mad:

1. MSU
2. Nebraska
3. Wisconsin
4. IU
5. Michigan
6. Purdue
7. Ohio State
8. Maryland
9. Minnesota
10. Iowa
11. Penn State
12. Northwestern
13. Illinois
14. Rutgers

I don't believe UM will be as strong as many believe. I may have Wisky too high, but I didn't want to be a homer and start with IU at #3. Illinois and Rutgers will be bad and Fran will be fired. Little Ricky will be on the hot seat with Illinois thinking they made a mistake, but allowing another year.

Fortunately, Fran isn't going anywhere. He's got 2 sons that are going to come and play for him at Iowa and they're both highly rated kids. Those kids are basically keeping their family employed.

Reactions: TommyCracker
1) MSU
2) UM
3)UW
4) IU
5) NEB
6) MARYLAND
7) MINNESOTA
8) PU
9) OSU
10) IOWA
11) NW
12) PSU
13) UI
14) RUTGERS
Not just you Scott, but why all the MSU love? They lost a helluva lot. They will have a lot of trouble checking JM and Justin Smith when they face us. If DeRon is relatively healthy, he is an excellent matchup with Ward. Romeo and DeVonte playing well could tilt us over both Michigan teams.

Not just you Scott, but why all the MSU love? They lost a helluva lot. They will have a lot of trouble checking JM and Justin Smith when they face us. If DeRon is relatively healthy, he is an excellent matchup with Ward. Romeo and DeVonte playing well could tilt us over both Michigan teams.
Izzo does very well with teams that have a couple stars and a bunch of role players. Those are the teams he succeeds with and ends up in final fours, where they lose. It's with his talented teams where he has an issue. There's no more bi-polar and backwards coach in the country. He lives to ruin tourney brackets.

They return 3 starters, their 6th man, signed a bunch of 4 stars, and Ward is the most productive player per minute in the league the last two years but he, just like Deron Davis, and Isaac Haas, is a defensive liability that hasn't been able to play major minutes due to low motor, foul trouble and foot speed. He's impossible to stop in the block though.

Also, Deron will not be 100% all year. His issue is conditioning and lower body strength, which he won't get this year because he's rehabbing.

Last edited:
Reactions: darkhawk returns
Maryland has two projected first round picks on their roster (Smith and Fernando) and return a cookie cutter (every position and role filled) lineup. Turgeon may be bad, but he isn't that bad. Well, on the other hand, he is that bad, but you can't bank on it... lol
turgeon is very creanesc. i hope he stays at maryland a long long time.

Last edited:
We owned them for soooooo much longer though. Growing up, the Wisky games were a joke. Knight had like a 40 game consecutive win streak against them. It saddens me to think that an entire generation of Badger fans have grown up and never been pummeled for decades by IU like their father's teams were. Worse yet, an entire generation of Hoosier fans have grown up never seeing a road win vs Bucky. :mad::mad:
Yes, this is a return to normal service.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
1. IU

2. MSU

3. Michigan

4. Wisconsin

5. Nebraska

6. Purdue

7. Maryland

8. Ohio St.

9. Iowa

10. Minnesota

11. Penn State

12. Northwestern

13. Illinois

14. Rutgers

You started the thread with the winning post.

Except you put purdouche one spot too high. They're 7th behind Maryland and a bubble team.

I hope you are right, but has the schedule even been released yet? I'd move Maryland up to 5 or 6, drop Nebraska a bit (I think it was a fluke based on the schedule and building confidence early in a weak conference outside of the top), I'd be skeptical of that spot for Purdue, and the bottom of the conference will be unpredictable....but I don't think I'd pick Minn that high or PSU that low. I'm not at all sure what to expect of Northwestern, but OSU does bring in a bit of talent while returning most of the team..... just my 2 pence....

1. IU

2. MSU

3. Michigan

4. Wisconsin

5. Nebraska

6. Purdue

7. Maryland

8. Ohio St.

9. Iowa

10. Minnesota

11. Penn State

12. Northwestern

13. Illinois

14. Rutgers

It's been done before (who was the all big ten PSU guard? Can't think of his name). As long as they bring him back slowly and he has been keeping up with rehab. I understand it's different for someone his size, but I don't doubt Clif Marshall with the results he has already had). Even a 70% Davis provides size and muscle on the inside for a few min a game. As long as he stays healthy, it'll make a difference, and it's not like the interior will be the huge weakness it was without him.

Also, Deron will not be 100% all year. His issue is conditioning and lower body strength, which he won't get this year because he's rehabbing.

I still say Nebraska was a combination of this year's "Northwestern" and benefited from a rather lucky schedule (caught a lot of teams at the right time). Who, outside of a rather down Big Ten, did they beat? The conference looks a little stronger as long as certain teams stay healthy (though very arguably weaker at the very top and very bottom). If anyone is being underestimated, I'd say OSU, Iowa, and PSU have the biggest arguments. MSU will be their best by conference season....and UM is similar to Wisc under Ryan.....

I'd pull out of my butt:

MSU
Nebraska
IU
Wisconsin
Maryland
Meatchicken
Purdump
Iowa
Ohio State
Penn State
Minnesota
Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois

That first game they lost was the first IU game I hadn't watched live in as long as I can remember. I had to listen to it on the radio because of high school commitments. I was so upset....back when I got angry about any loss....

Alright, I'll give it a go and go with IU, because I have to anytime they have a legit shot:

1. IU
2. MSU
3. UM
4. Maryland (still returning a lot)
5. OSU
6. Wisc
7. Purdue
8. PSU
9. Neb
10. Iowa (hesitant on this and PSU being so low)
11. NW (maybe low?)
12. Ill
13. Minn
14. Usual

It's been done before (who was the all big ten PSU guard? Can't think of his name). As long as they bring him back slowly and he has been keeping up with rehab. I understand it's different for someone his size, but I don't doubt Clif Marshall with the results he has already had). Even a 70% Davis provides size and muscle on the inside for a few min a game. As long as he stays healthy, it'll make a difference, and it's not like the interior will be the huge weakness it was without him.
Agreed...

fwiw - he had phenomenal numbers the last two years. Most people underestimate just how effective he has been. As noted above the difference in him playing 18 in a role, and 25+ as a possible all conference player is his lower body strength and explosiveness. He really needed to get that conditioning to get to the next tier but if he can come back and be as effective, even without vast improvement, he's still a great piece to have..

Last edited:
To answer some questions raised in regards to...

Wisconsin, I believe they we're ravished by injuries last year (Trice and their freshman point guard Davidson who is going to be an annoying but great conference player played with one arm last year) and finished strong. Gard isn't Bo, at all, but he's shown so far that he finishes strong which is a sign of a good coach. Happ will be in the POY conversation.

Iowa...Fran has been secretly recruiting really well for Iowa of the last two decades. Plus as someone mentioned, he's not going anywhere til his sons go through the program. I believe one (Connor) is a four star and the other (Pat) is a five star by some publications. He might be a senior this year or maybe a freshman. Anyway they have a lot of young talent that's developing. They should take a decent leap this year and be ready to compete for a conf title next year especially if Cook stays through his senior year.

Nebraska beat the living piss out of Minnesota at the barn last year when the gophers were ranked near the top ten and had the rapist and Coffey at full speed. They also went to OT I believe with Kansas.

They are returning the conference's leading scorer in Palmer. A six nine five star recruit in Copeland who should have some Keita Bates Diop in him this year. A senior four star point guard in Watson who's solid and an explosive and lanky sophomore in Roby. That's a hell of a lineup. They have a senior five star, we have a freshman five star. They have a proven point guard and our point guard might be a plus 100 ranked freshman who just lost to a Kentucky team that has no high major prospects.

If the Cornhole chuckers aren't top 4 than Miles really f'd them up.

I feel to be a real threat you need three real threats. Let's count them.

MSU - Cass, Langford, Ward, Mcgloin
Nebraska - Palmer, Copeland, Watson, Roby
Indiana - Langford, Morgan, ????
Wisconsin - Happ, Davidson, Trice
Maryland - Cowan, Fernando, a couple five star freshmen (Heurter REALLY f'd them this year)
Meatchicken - Matthews, Simpson, if Poole takes the leap that would really help them. I also thought Tesch was really impressive in the tournament.
Purdump - Edwards, Haarms??, Eastern??? Only Edwards is proven but I expect Eastern to play a big role.
Iowa - Moss, Cook, their sophomore guard who I can't remember. Garza is a really nice center prospect too.
Penn State - Stevens, their really good center Watkins??
Northwestern - is Law still there?
OSU - the Wesson brothers (I think), I honestly don't know their roster. Is that dude who hit the miracle three against us back?
Illinois - Frazier, a five star freshman or maybe he's next year
Minnesota - Coffey, Murphy, McBrayer, Washington?? Curry should be back I think. Daniel Oturu is a REALLY good player too but who knows what he'll do as a freshman. The gophs could suprise if Washington (who was a top 50 prospect) can take over for Mason his sophomore season.
Rutgers - we're going to get out of the cellar until what's his nuts left and signed with an agent. They have good pieces and I like their coach but it's still a year or two away. They won't roll over like in the past (hell we saw it up close last year).

Anybody have any tidbits to share on the conference teams? I admittedly don't know the rosters as well as I should or as I will this fall.

Last edited:
Fortunately, Fran isn't going anywhere. He's got 2 sons that are going to come and play for him at Iowa and they're both highly rated kids. Those kids are basically keeping their family employed.
If that is their thinking, that is a dumb reason to keep a coach. Imagine if Crean had 2 sons that were highly rated. Would anyone want him to stay? I haven't forgotten how bad our teams looked his last two years. For the first time ever, IU basketball was too ugly for me to watch. That was with 2 McDonald All Americans on the roster.

It might be fun for Archie to recruit the boys. At least send a letter.

Reactions: Grateful Redbeard

1 MSU
2 IU
3 Nebraska
4 Maryland
5 Michigan
6 Purdue
7 Wisconsin
8 Iowa
9 OSU
10 PSU
11 Minny
12 Northwestern
13 Rutgers
14 Illinois
I'm remembering Wisconsin starting out terribly with injuries forcing them deep into the bench with their guards. They played better as the season went on. I tried to pick a surprise team. They are a team I pick to do better than expected. UM is a team I expect to do worse. I give Nebraska credit for having experienced players that played tough last year in the league, but I hope they finish last.

Miles is a coach I hate in the B1G. I was at the game when Morgan was playing with a wrap on his shoulder. One of the Nebraska players yanked on his arm and Juwan had to leave the game. While they were attending to the injury on the court, Miles was clapping a few feet away and patted the player with the obviously dirty play on the back. Classless!

turgeon is very creanesc. i hope he stays at maryland a long long time.

Funny how hard it is when awesome mid-level guys make the jump to the top tier. Turgeon was THE hot name while at Wichita St... not unlike Dan Monson when he was at Gonzaga, but then flamed out at MN. The Butler guy that went to IA... With his recruiting successes so far, I think Archie will do it successfully, but many who seemingly had it all figured out, didn't when they get to the highest level. Pretty amazing how Butler, Wichita St, Xavier and Gonzaga have all weathered coaching changes and remained very successful. Says a lot for their programs.

To answer some questions raised in regards to...

Wisconsin, I believe they we're ravished by injuries last year (Trice and their freshman point guard Davidson who is going to be an annoying but great conference player played with one arm last year) and finished strong. Gard isn't Bo, at all, but he's shown so far that he finishes strong which is a sign of a good coach. Happ will be in the POY conversation.

Iowa...Fran has been secretly recruiting really well for Iowa of the last two decades. Plus as someone mentioned, he's not going anywhere til his sons go through the program. I believe one (Connor) is a four star and the other (Pat) is a five star by some publications. He might be a senior this year or maybe a freshman. Anyway they have a lot of young talent that's developing. They should take a decent leap this year and be ready to compete for a conf title next year especially if Cook stays through his senior year.

Nebraska beat the living piss out of Minnesota at the barn last year when the gophers were ranked near the top ten and had the rapist and Coffey at full speed. They also went to OT I believe with Kansas.

They are returning the conference's leading scorer in Palmer. A six nine five star recruit in Copeland who should have some Keita Bates Diop in him this year. A senior four star point guard in Watson who's solid and an explosive and lanky sophomore in Roby. That's a hell of a lineup. They have a senior five star, we have a freshman five star. They have a proven point guard and our point guard might be a plus 100 ranked freshman who just lost to a Kentucky team that has no high major prospects.

If the Cornhole chuckers aren't top 4 than Miles really f'd them up.

I feel to be a real threat you need three real threats. Let's count them.

MSU - Cass, Langford, Ward, Mcgloin
Nebraska - Palmer, Copeland, Watson, Roby
Indiana - Langford, Morgan, ????
Wisconsin - Happ, Davidson, Trice
Maryland - Cowan, Fernando, a couple five star freshmen (Heurter REALLY f'd them this year)
Meatchicken - Matthews, Simpson, if Poole takes the leap that would really help them. I also thought Tesch was really impressive in the tournament.
Purdump - Edwards, Haarms??, Eastern??? Only Edwards is proven but I expect Eastern to play a big role.
Iowa - Moss, Cook, their sophomore guard who I can't remember. Garza is a really nice center prospect too.
Penn State - Stevens, their really good center Watkins??
Northwestern - is Law still there?
OSU - the Wesson brothers (I think), I honestly don't know their roster. Is that dude who hit the miracle three against us back?
Illinois - Frazier, a five star freshman or maybe he's next year
Minnesota - Coffey, Murphy, McBrayer, Washington?? Curry should be back I think. Daniel Oturu is a REALLY good player too but who knows what he'll do as a freshman. The gophs could suprise if Washington (who was a top 50 prospect) can take over for Mason his sophomore season.
Rutgers - we're going to get out of the cellar until what's his nuts left and signed with an agent. They have good pieces and I like their coach but it's still a year or two away. They won't roll over like in the past (hell we saw it up close last year).

Anybody have any tidbits to share on the conference teams? I admittedly don't know the rosters as well as I should or as I will this fall.

Quite the summation but can't stop thinking about Wisconsin players being "ravished" and Fran's "secret" recruiting as both sound like D-1 violations - especially the former.

:D

Based on my Talent + Experience ratings, this is my attempt to rate the rosters.

#1 MSU
#2 Indiana
#3 Maryland
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Minnesota
#6 Nebraska
#6 Northwestern
#8 Michigan
#8 Illinois
#10 Ohio St.
#10 Iowa
#10 Penn St
#13 Purdue
#14 Rutgers

These ratings, since they are based on recruiting rank and class, have Ethan Happ and Carson Edwards considerably undervalued. If I make big adjustments for Happ and Edwards, Wisconsin moves into a tie with IU and Purdue joins the teams tied for 10th.

Painter and Beilein consistently outperform their "Paper Ratings", so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Michigan jump into the upper echelon and Purdue make the NCAA Tournament. I'm not feeling bullish about either squad this season though.

Even if Davis is a total non-factor for IU, they still hang on to the 4th spot on paper. The only slight issue for IU is it appears it is a full game behind MSU and Wisconsin on schedule strength. It could be a tough year to have a scheduling disadvantage, but since my SOS is based on my paper ratings, it's mostly irrelevant as anything other than a conversation piece in mid-June.

I think I might like Illinois and Minnesota as most likely to have a shot to surpass the expectations of the national pundits... maybe Northwestern too! Heck I don't know, but I do think I like a bunch of Big 10 teams this year to be pretty good, but I think only the Top 4 have Elite 8 potential.

Last edited:
Based on my Talent + Experience ratings, this is my attempt to rate the rosters.

#1 MSU
#2 Indiana
#3 Maryland
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Minnesota
#6 Nebraska
#6 Northwestern
#8 Michigan
#8 Illinois
#10 Ohio St.
#10 Iowa
#10 Penn St
#13 Purdue
#14 Rutgers

These ratings, since they are based on recruiting rank and class, have Ethan Happ and Carson Edwards considerably undervalued. If I make big adjustments for Happ and Edwards, Wisconsin moves into a tie with IU and Purdue joins the teams tied for 10th.

Painter and Beilein consistently outperform their "Paper Ratings", so it wouldn't be a surprise to see Michigan jump into the upper echelon and Purdue make the NCAA Tournament. I'm not feeling bullish about either squad this season though.

Even if Davis is a total non-factor for IU, they still hang on to the 4th spot on paper. The only slight issue for IU is it appears it is a full game behind MSU and Wisconsin on schedule strength. It could be a tough year to have a scheduling disadvantage, but since my SOS is based on my paper ratings, it's mostly irrelevant as anything other than a conversation piece in mid-June.

I think I might like Illinois and Minnesota as most likely to have a shot to surpass the expectations of the national pundits... maybe Northwestern too! Heck I don't know, but I do think I like a bunch of Big 10 teams this year to be pretty good, but I think only the Top 4 have Elite 8 potential.

Yeah I didn't think much about the googlers until I actually looked at what they had. They can throw out a really, really good starting five. Everything should revolve around Coffey who missed the second half of his sophomore season last year and is a potential stud (he was a high 4 star, near five star recruit).

Jordan Murphy was a beast last year and will be a senior.
The aformentioned Amir Coffey.
6'9 Eric Curry should be back (he missed all of last year) or 6'10" Daniel Oturu who was a top 40 player last year and will be a freshman. He actually dominated in the MN state tourney, winning the title while beating and winning MVP over Tre Jones who is a top 10 player going to Duke.
Dupree McBrayer is an experienced shooting guard who was a top 100 recruit I think.
Isaiah Washington was a top 50 recruit and will be taking over the point guard position as a sophomore.

That's a pretty talented and balanced lineup of pretty much high 4 stars

I'm going to have to raise my gopher prediction to at least the middle.

#1 MSU
#2 Indiana
#3 Maryland
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Minnesota
#6 Nebraska
#6 Northwestern
#8 Michigan
#8 Illinois
#10 Ohio St.
#10 Iowa
#10 Penn St
#13 Purdue
#14 Rutgers

Here are the Rivals 150 players on Big Ten rosters. There may be errors, and I think I excluded all the players staying in the NBA Draft. Romeo is the highest ranked player in the conference. Archie has done a solid job restocking the roster in a short amount of time. Happ, Vic Law, and Dion Wiley are the Jess Settles' of the conference.

1. MSU - one 5*, nine 4*

2. IU - one 5*, seven 4*, two 3*

3. Maryland - one 5*, seven 4*

4. Illinois - one 5*, three 4*

5. Michigan - six 4*, one 3*

6. Ohio St. - five 4*, one 3*

7. Northwestern - five 4*

8. Purdue - four 4*, one 3*

9. Minnesota - three 4*, three 3*

10. Wisconsin - three 4*, two 3*

11. Nebraska - three 4*, one 3*

12. Iowa - three 4*

13. Rutgers - three 4*

14. State Penn - one 4*, three 3*

Last edited:

#1 MSU
#2 Indiana
#3 Maryland
#4 Wisconsin
#5 Minnesota
#6 Nebraska
#6 Northwestern
#8 Michigan
#8 Illinois
#10 Ohio St.
#10 Iowa
#10 Penn St
#13 Purdue
#14 Rutgers

Yeah I didn't think much about the googlers until I actually looked at what they had. They can throw out a really, really good starting five. Everything should revolve around Coffey who missed the second half of his sophomore season last year and is a potential stud (he was a high 4 star, near five star recruit).

Jordan Murphy was a beast last year and will be a senior.
The aformentioned Amir Coffey.
6'9 Eric Curry should be back (he missed all of last year) or 6'10" Daniel Oturu who was a top 40 player last year and will be a freshman. He actually dominated in the MN state tourney, winning the title while beating and winning MVP over Tre Jones who is a top 10 player going to Duke.
Dupree McBrayer is an experienced shooting guard who was a top 100 recruit I think.
Isaiah Washington was a top 50 recruit and will be taking over the point guard position as a sophomore.

That's a pretty talented and balanced lineup of pretty much high 4 stars

I'm going to have to raise my gopher prediction to at least the middle.

But Pitino .. questionable PG, noted bad chemistry last year, and a bunch of players who have very low production including Coffey. All ranking no substance.

But mostly, Pitino, he's horrible.

Last edited:
I hope you are right, but has the schedule even been released yet? I'd move Maryland up to 5 or 6, drop Nebraska a bit (I think it was a fluke based on the schedule and building confidence early in a weak conference outside of the top), I'd be skeptical of that spot for Purdue, and the bottom of the conference will be unpredictable....but I don't think I'd pick Minn that high or PSU that low. I'm not at all sure what to expect of Northwestern, but OSU does bring in a bit of talent while returning most of the team..... just my 2 pence....

No. Ohio state loses a lot. Not sure you're very aware of what you're talking about. They lose Diop, Williams and Tate. That's a heavy blow. They don't bring in near enough talent to replace those guys. No instant impact players. They will take a large step back.

ADVERTISEMENT