ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight on ESPN is the 2011 World Series game 6.

I'm not a huge baseball fan, but I do root for the Cardinals. I think this is the greatest baseball game I ever witnessed.

Then you weren't watching Game 1 in 1988...

I was by myself in a corporate condo in Columbus OH after moving for my first "real" job after college. It was crazy... oh, and Vin Scully > Joe Buck!

The most dramatic and unexpected play I've ever seen in sport, with the possible exception of the Imacculate Reception I was watching in an old Eisner store in Indy at Stop 10 in 1972.

Honorable mention to Jack Nicklaus in '86 on 15, 16 and 17. Everyone remembers the putt on 17, but the tee shot on 16 was the most amazing to me. Coming off eagle to stuff it in there like that, amazing!

I was watching the Miracle on Ice game, but fell asleep. If you're too young to remember the events listed, I hope you'll take 15 minutes and watch these. They were all amazing events.

Last edited:

I was by myself in a corporate condo in Columbus OH after moving for my first "real" job after college. It was crazy... oh, and Vin Scully > Joe Buck!

The most dramatic and unexpected play I've ever seen in sport, with the possible exception of the Imacculate Reception I was watching in an old Eisner store in Indy at Stop 10 in 1972.

Honorable mention to Jack Nicklaus in '86 on 15, 16 and 17. Everyone remembers the putt on 17, but the tee shot on 16 was the most amazing to me. Coming off eagle to stuff it in there like that, amazing!

I was watching the Miracle on Ice game, but fell asleep. If you're too young to remember the events listed, I hope you'll take 15 minutes and watch these. They were all amazing events.
The only game of those I recall watching was the Kirk Gibson shot. Remind me was there back and forth scoring in that game like in 2011? There wasn’t a more memorable home run I remember than Kirk but from the 7th inning on in that Cards/Rangers game that was as good as it gets.

The only game of those I recall watching was the Kirk Gibson shot. Remind me was there back and forth scoring in that game like in 2011? There wasn’t a more memorable home run I remember than Kirk but from the 7th inning on in that Cards/Rangers game that was as good as it gets.

Man I just watched that homer again. I hadn’t watched that in years. What a great call by Scully. I had also forgotten Dennis E. was pitching. That’s no slouch.

Man I just watched that homer again. I hadn’t watched that in years. What a great call by Scully. I had also forgotten Dennis E. was pitching. That’s no slouch.
Huge Dodger fan. I had been sick as a dog for a few days and couldn't stay awake past the early innings. I woke up as Gibson was trying to circle the bases. Missing that moment pisses me off to this day.

ADVERTISEMENT