ADVERTISEMENT

Tonight’s game

CC Mac

All-Big Ten
Aug 19, 2002
Really looking forward to tonight’s national championship game.
Should be a great game,I’m taking Clemson in a close one 27-24.
Thoughts and predictions?

Reactions: td75 and vesuvius13
The key will be LSU defense - how good I are they. Both teams have great QB’s and great offenses. Clemson has a very good defense. LSU - not sure after the Alabama game - or maybe Ala offense was that good.
Clemson has the experience factor in their favor, but it is basically a home game for LSU!
I’ll go with LSU 38-35

I think Clemson has been disrespected all season.

I'll take the orange Tigers, 41-31.

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Mac
The LSU fanbase is as hyped on themselves as one school possibly could be. Justified or not. I think they are certain they win this game going away. I never enjoy seeing a team win titles after having just won a title the previous year. With that said, the arrogance of LSU has me rooting for Clemson to pull it out.

After watching the semi-finals, I have to think it'll be LSU running away with it. Oklahoma was overrated, but they might as well have been playing a high school team.

And Clemson got out-physicalled by OSU like crazy. Watching that game was like watching the OOB this year. At no point in that game did I ever think Clemson was "beating" OSU. Those two scores before half & tightening up on D and forcing OSU to leave points on the field was everything. Just like the OOB where, as you watched it, you'd say there's no way PU should be in this thing right now, but with the IU missed FGs they were to the end.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Nick Sheridan said something in his press conference about wanting his offense to be QB-centric and rely on the QB to make plays. Aggressive and up-tempo with a QB who can make plays with his feet.

Tonight’s game will embody that philosophy. You have two teams that are really powered by the play of their QBs. They both have a great cast surrounding them but I think the LSU talent on defense is enough to really limit Clemson.

LSU 28
Clemson 17

Nick Sheridan said something in his press conference about wanting his offense to be QB-centric and rely on the QB to make plays. Aggressive and up-tempo with a QB who can make plays with his feet.

Tonight’s game will embody that philosophy. You have two teams that are really powered by the play of their QBs. They both have a great cast surrounding them but I think the LSU talent on defense is enough to really limit Clemson.

LSU 28
Clemson 17
I got it the other way around. I think Clemson's defense limits LSU offense. Better passing efficiency defense, better rush defense, and average 3 sacks a game. jmho

I'm pulling for LSU because I like Joe Burrows story. Which means Clemson will be the winner. Place your bets.

Really looking forward to tonight’s national championship game.
Should be a great game,I’m taking Clemson in a close one 27-24.
Thoughts and predictions?
The question that tonight will answer is whether Clemson's defensive front can penetrate LSU's offensive front 5. I haven't seen a front 5 as good and effective as LSU's in a long while, if ever. If that front 5 holds, that will allow a whole bunch of talented receivers, blockers and runners to get downfield and make plays.

I think LSU's front 5 is that good . . . and a big reason why Burrows is the Heisman winner this year.

I think LSU wins.

The question that tonight will answer is whether Clemson's defensive front can penetrate LSU's offensive front 5. I haven't seen a front 5 as good and effective as LSU's in a long while, if ever. If that front 5 holds, that will allow a whole bunch of talented receivers, blockers and runners to get downfield and make plays.

I think LSU's front 5 is that good . . . and a big reason why Burrows is the Heisman winner this year.

I think LSU wins.

And not to change the subject or anything, but how 'bout those Astros? I admit I'm surprised they quickly went beyond the suspensions.

Does Atlanta have a just-over-the-hill OT or LB they can hoodwink Mike Brown into accepting for the first draft pick? The betting is that Brown will find a way to blow it on Burrow.

And not to change the subject or anything, but how 'bout those Astros? I admit I'm surprised they quickly went beyond the suspensions.

Does Atlanta have a just-over-the-hill OT or LB they can hoodwink Mike Brown into accepting for the first draft pick? The betting is that Brown will find a way to blow it on Burrow.
We'd be happy to do a sign and trade deal to send you either Vic Beasley or Austin Hooper for the No. 1 pick. Or if you'd prefer, we could trade you 35-year-old Matt Ryan and the $95 million remaining on his contract over the next 4 years.

How'd you like to be the Dodgers today? They lost to the Astros in 2017 and to the Red Sox in 2018 . . . with Alex Cora a common denominator . . . .

Reactions: Radio Zero
We'd be happy to do a sign and trade deal to send you either Vic Beasley or Austin Hooper for the No. 1 pick. Or if you'd prefer, we could trade you 35-year-old Matt Ryan and the $95 million remaining on his contract over the next 4 years.

How'd you like to be the Dodgers today? They lost to the Astros in 2017 and to the Red Sox in 2018 . . . with Alex Cora a common denominator . . . .

Maybe Michigan State will have an appropriate position for Cora ....

Reactions: red hornet
OK, OK . . . we'll kick in a 2nd round draft pick.

We kid, but there are soooo many things the Bengals need that there is great fear that Brown will fall for a deal that, years down the road, will be seen as the classic example of draft theft.

The Bengals are the organization that thought Akili Smith and David Klingler were the answer.

We kid, but there are soooo many things the Bengals need that there is great fear that Brown will fall for a deal that, years down the road, will be seen as the classic example of draft theft.

The Bengals are the organization that thought Akili Smith and David Klingler were the answer.
The Falcons took the fully estimable Aundray Bruce as the first pick in the draft in 1988, which was the first draft after we first moved to Atlanta.

I feel your pain.

You can really appreciate good play-calling in games like this. I wish we did more of that. The direct snap was a change of pace that worked nicely for Clemson.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT