ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Crean-Hoosier Hysterics

As usual you apply generalities and ASSUMPTIONS that facts don't necessarily bear out. Certainly not all of us drank the Kool Aid. I, and many, many other IU fans, despised his teams lack of defense and number of turnovers, stupid, stupid turnovers from day one. I don't hate Crean, I just think IU admin, Fred Glass, did a terrible job selecting him. He had one good Marquette team led by one outstanding player, Dwayne Wade and that was it. Marquette folks told me at the time they were glad he left, they were underwhelmed to say the least. Later on, well before he was let go, it was apparent that character was not a major criteria in his recruiting. The fact that players on his teams consistently got into trouble off the court was a major red flag. Did he land some good players with good work ethics, yes a few, and a few that turned into NBA players, not that many, but many others had no business on IU's team.
Fred didn't hire Crean.

Reactions: UncleMark
I’m not going back 6-12 years to find the posts. Plus it was on premium board back then and I don’t have access now.

Anyone who was here then and is even remotely honest with themself knows what I’m talking about. You can’t rewrite history to fit your current narrative.
Nice try kid. But…I’ve never been a premie member. Another swing n miss. You’re embarrassing yourself now.

But you were the self appointed leader of the cult when he was at IU…

Well you and IUScott who had to change his name.
I've been waiting all afternoon to post this because I wanted to be 100% sure. I got a text this morning about it and admittedly I thought it was a rumor at first. I've been waiting to make sure its 100% before posting.
I can say with 100% confidence that Billy and his wife were in Bloomington this morning.
I don't see any scenario where he and his wife come to town and he doesn't take the job. It's happening!!!

Fred didn't hire Crean.

It's common for otherwise knowledgeable fans to forget Crean was a Greenspan hire. Although I will acknowledge that Glass got taken to the cleaners with the "We're Back!" extension. Rookie mistake on Fred's part. He got much smarter with his contracts as he grew into the role.

It's common for otherwise knowledgeable fans to forget Crean was a Greenspan hire. Although I will acknowledge that Glass got taken to the cleaners with the "We're Back!" extension. Rookie mistake on Fred's part. He got much smarter with his contracts as he grew into the role.
Yes, except Champs here is not an "otherwise knowledgeable" fan.

But yes, Fred was at fault on the extension but tried to move Crean out before it actually happened.. BOT got in the way for a bit.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT