ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Brainfart.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
IU with Tegray Scales doesn't make his top 7 in LB rankings. But Purdue does? Wow. Some serious bias there.

P.S. I can't wait for the Jeff Brohm tenure to blow up in their train horn blowing faces.

IU with Tegray Scales doesn't make his top 7 in LB rankings. But Purdue does? Wow. Some serious bias there.

P.S. I can't wait for the Jeff Brohm tenure to blow up in their train horn blowing faces.

Even though Dienhart is a Purdue alum, he's been very harsh on Purdue as he should be. He's not a homer in my opinion. Why are you shocked at Purdue being in the top 7? Our LB corp is actually solid (even though most are seniors and will be gone next year) and we added a stud 5th year transfer from WKU.

Why do you think the tenure will blow up in our faces? Darrell Hazell was an absolute gift to IU football fans and thankfully we've righted the ship.

Even though Dienhart is a Purdue alum, he's been very harsh on Purdue as he should be. He's not a homer in my opinion. Why are you shocked at Purdue being in the top 7? Our LB corp is actually solid (even though most are seniors and will be gone next year) and we added a stud 5th year transfer from WKU.

Why do you think the tenure will blow up in our faces? Darrell Hazell was an absolute gift to IU football fans and thankfully we've righted the ship.

2 of your starting LBs don't equal Tegray Scales. Chris Covington would probably be the best LB on half of the Big Ten teams.

2 of your starting LBs don't equal Tegray Scales. Chris Covington would probably be the best LB on half of the Big Ten teams.

Our overall linebacking corps (especially with the grad transfer) is really solid. Unfortunately that's the only defensive unit that is solid.

Last edited:
Our overall linebacking corps (especially with the grad transfer) is really solid. Unfortunately that's the only defensive unit that is solid.

Solid is nice and all but Tegray is a RETURNING All-American. You know, best in the country..... That is where his confusion lies...

Reactions: 76-1
Brainfart is a tool. He has IUs secondary as "7th" in the Big Ten. Even with the All Big Ten players back there, he chooses teams with several unproven commodities. His IU bias is pretty blatant. Typical Boiler moron.

Brainfart is a tool. He has IUs secondary as "7th" in the Big Ten. Even with the All Big Ten players back there, he chooses teams with several unproven commodities. His IU bias is pretty blatant. Typical Boiler moron.

He had Ethan Happ over Swanigan for BTPOY so we think he's not the best either. He's not a Purdue homer by any means.

While he might not be a Purdue homer, his anti-IU bias is pretty evident. The boiler in him still can't get past that.

Okay that's a fair point. Maybe he tries to overcompensate being a Purdue alum by going out of his way not to praise them?

Purdue has a nice LB corps. Between the two squads, I think that Scales is clearly the best overall talent/player, but, with losing Oliver, there's probably a bit of a question as to who fills that production. Guy was the QB of the defense and a solid playmaker.

Purdue's group is probably more of a known quantity at the moment.

I agree that Dienhart is generally an idiot. That said, even being 7th in the B1G puts us solidly in the middle of the conference at secondary. It's easy to look at the improvement the defense made last season and feel like we had one of the best units in the conference, but we were so far in the cellar previously, that the massive improvement only really brought us the the middle. The quantities at some of the other programs may be unknown, but I think that you can clearly see talent. OSU lost basically everyone from their secondary, yet I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they would likely still have a better secondary than IU, based simply on the pure talent/depth that they have every year.

All that said, still, Dienhart is an idiot and rarely gives IU much respect.

Purdue has a nice LB corps. Between the two squads, I think that Scales is clearly the best overall talent/player, but, with losing Oliver, there's probably a bit of a question as to who fills that production. Guy was the QB of the defense and a solid playmaker.

Purdue's group is probably more of a known quantity at the moment.

Agree re Scales and the rest of your assessment.

ADVERTISEMENT