ADVERTISEMENT

Tom Allen

Let’s throw all the cards on the table. What are the chances, in your all’s opinion, that he will actually leave here for a better job at some point? Man, I really want to keep this guy around for 10 years or more.
i think there's a better chance of him getting canned after a couple of bad years. same thing that happened to coach mal. he's raised expectations. keep winning or it's, (what have you done for us lately).

Reactions: vesuvius13
John Ryan was president of IU when they won in 1987. Bill Mallory was hired I believe in 1980 or 1981. Mallory lobbied for improved facilities but they were minimal. He finally helped implement some including the North end zone along with Hep in later years.
Mallory’s first season was 1984 when he won 0 games. It is remarkable how fast he turned the program around winning 8 in 1987.

I was a Sr. in Chemistry in 1987 & would see that guy preaching outside the front-end of Ballantine hall. I'm not sure that what his name was.
Brother Jed Smock? Had to think about that one, not sure that’s his name. But yea, I certainly remember him in front of Ballantine about once a week.

Brother Jed Smock? Had to think about that one, not sure that’s his name. But yea, I certainly remember him in front of Ballantine about once a week.

And the dude who did a countdown to "launch" Ballantine into space??!!

John Ryan was president of IU when they won in 1987. Bill Mallory was hired I believe in 1980 or 1981. Mallory lobbied for improved facilities but they were minimal. He finally helped implement some including the North end zone along with Hep in later years.
Mallory's first season was 1984 I think. Corso was fired at the end of the 1982 season, Sam Wyche was the coach in 1983 then bolted for the NFL.

Yes. Brother Jed and Brother Max. Every female on campus was a whore back then.

Unless we get some wacked out bow tie wearing liberal as the new president who has an agenda and fails to realize the role that athletics plays not only from a social standpoint but also as a major incentive for alums to contribute dollars to all facets of the university there's a high chance he will stay.

As long as we don't get some wacked out, democracy hatin' conservative as president, we won't turn into purdue.

I think coach Allen is what coach Hep would have been if we hadn't lost him to a brain tumor . Coach Hep really wanted to be here , and I feel coach Allen does also . Money isn't always a reason to leave . Coach Wellman could have made more money by staying with the Giants , but he wanted to be here . Bloomington is a great area to live ,and raise a family . Money does not always make the grass greener .

One thing we have going for us is cost of living. Much cheaper to live here than new york, cali or some other places. How far your salary goes should help. But i think Allen is here to stay.

Reactions: red hornet
He's preachin hard right there...You love your sin more than you love God he told them!!!

I always admired Max for continuing to preach the word no matter how much animosity he received.

Do you also remember Cindy who would sometimes preach with him?
Disco Cindy wasn’t it? Had class in Ballentine Hall. Saw them frequently.

Reactions: ESalum86
Mallory was hired in 1984. Ehrlich was hired 1988. When he piled on Knight over the Chung interview, knight broke him in by “almost” taking the New Mexico job. Ehrlich caught a ton of shit. So he invited Knight to dinner and learned his place.

Reactions: secondasky and 76-1
Football has more support from the administration than ever. There could be more but facilities have been improved and coaching salaries are competitive. All that is needed is fan support. Allen is not in a Bill Mallory type situation.

Last edited:
This season has shown the Hoosiers they are capable of beating the teams they only played close in the past. Next season they go into those games knowing they will win.

We don't need overconfidence. Then we turn into michigan and lose to teams like appalachian st

Reactions: red hornet
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT