ADVERTISEMENT

Today's senate hearings

zeke4ahs

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 26, 2003
did not go particularly well for Trump. First Brennon's testimony and then Coat's refusal to deny the story that Trump asked him to deny he was under investigation. Also said he WOULD speak behind closed doors. If it wasn't true, I imagine he'd just say so. The obstruction case appears to be getting stronger.

Last edited:
did not go particularly well for Trump. First Brennon's testimony and then Coat's refusal to deny the story that Trump asked him to drop the case. Also said he WOULD speak behind closed doors. If it wasn't true, I imagine he'd just say so. The obstruction case appears to be getting stronger.

If we could just get a businessman in Washington, he'd fix everything. Run the government like a business.

If we could just get a businessman in Washington, he'd fix everything. Run the government like a business.

This might work one day -- if you get the right businessman. Those who have seen CEOs up close and personal, you know that Trump only plays a CEO on TV. He isnt a proper CEO.

The Apprentice -- how that could teach anyone about developing or running business is mind-boggling and people bought.

From the Art of the deal: 'I don’t plan ahead. I just show up in the office. I wait for phone calls to come in, I wait for things to happen. I don’t plan things out, things just happen, and when they happen, I react to them.'

CEOs work harder than the rest of us, longer hours. They are always learning and are certainly meticulous strategic planners who have an innate ability to juggle multiple things at horizontal or vertical directions/decisions than the rest of us could.

Trump, CEO, nah... only on TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoot1 and RBB89
CEOs work harder than the rest of us, longer hours. They are always learning and are certainly meticulous strategic planners who have an innate ability to juggle multiple things at horizontal or vertical directions/decisions than the rest of us could.

This isn't the case as someone who's worked on a farm a bit, on a factory floor, and with CEOs.

Lots of hobnobbing, eating fancy food, meetings, flying around, etc is part of the job during the day. Your administrative assistant and staff are extremely helpful and allow you to juggle all those things (so you only have to worry about your meetings for the day and not planning all these things). There are also third party consultants that offer executive coaching services.

They certainly work hard and have a lot of responsibility, but farmers work harder for sure for much, much less pay.

Reactions: meridian
This isn't the case as someone who's worked on a farm a bit, on a factory floor, and with CEOs.

Lots of hobnobbing, eating fancy food, meetings, flying around, etc is part of the job during the day. Your administrative assistant and staff are extremely helpful and allow you to juggle all those things (so you only have to worry about your meetings for the day and not planning all these things). There are also third party consultants that offer executive coaching services.

They certainly work hard and have a lot of responsibility, but farmers work harder for sure for much, much less pay.

Sorry -- I wasnt referring to the general population but the corporate foot soldiers. If thats the case, nurses, farm workers etc have it tough.

Lots of hobnobbing.....

Sounds like our politicians to me. I'm not degrading farmers at all but those comments about CEO's are totally unschooled.

It looks like your thinking of CEOs of major corporations. What about those guys who own and operate medium and small size companies that employ millions and millions of workers? Its their money in the game and they work like dogs to make the company successful and don't have major support staffs.

I think you are greatly over-exaggerating the work of farmers and greatly underestimating their income. They do work extremely hard during the farming season (specifically grain farmers), but from October thru April their work load is minimal. During my working years as an insurance agent (owning my own agency) I insured many farmers - they are hard workers, but their net-worth is substantial. A lot of my clients had farm land worth over $1.5 million dollars plus buildings and equipment of even greater value.

Your characterization isn't remotely accurate or indicative of any experience working with CEO's.

It looks like your thinking of CEOs of major corporations. What about those guys who own and operate medium and small size companies that employ millions and millions of workers? Its their money in the game and they work like dogs to make the company successful and don't have major support staffs.

someone can call themselves "CEO" of their one man lawn mowing service, but when we use the term, most think of it as CEO of a public corp, not a privately owned business.

CEO's of privately owned businesses, we tend to call "owners".

as for owners of privately owned businesses, many work long hours with lots of responsibility and pressure, some not so much.

someone can call themselves "CEO" of their one man lawn mowing service, but when we use the term, most think of it as CEO of a public corp, not a privately owned business.

as for owners of privately owned businesses, many work long hours with lots of responsibility and pressure, some not so much.
Is Trump not then within your definition of owner rather than CEO since he owns those corporations that operate his enterprises?

You're way off here. There are a ton of private companies that have CEOs. Private v public has nothing to do with it. Not all CEOs of private companies own the company. Often times, smaller companies with CEOs are startups with PE backing.

The bottom line is that anybody who thinks "CEOs are all bad!" and "Farmers are all good cuz they work hard!" are simple nincompoops.

Trump, CEO, nah... only on TV.
Some CEOs work harder than the rest of us. Then there are CEOs not as hard as the rest of us; they only get higher salaries and more stock options. There are some good CEOs and then there are some bad CEOs just like any other job.

Some CEOs work harder than the rest of us. Then there are CEOs not as hard as the rest of us; they only get higher salaries and more stock options. There are some good CEOs and then there are some bad CEOs just like any other job.
In the view of modern corporate boards, CEOs are all from Lake Woebegone. They're all above average, so they must all be compensated at above average salaries, which means that CEO compensation will continue spiraling upward -- at least given current corporate law and norms.

pay.graphic.jpg

The bottom line is that anybody who thinks "CEOs are all bad!" and "Farmers are all good cuz they work hard!" are simple nincompoops.
Another bottom line is that not all CEOs are good. There are good CEOs; there are bad CEOs; and then there are so-so CEOs, just like any other profession. I have worked for some good CEOs, some bad CEOs, and then so-so CEOs. None of them, I thought, would make a good POTUS.

That Trump having been a CEO doesn't necessarily qualify him to be a good president. The experience certainly helps, I don't deny that. However, people in other professions can claim the same thing. Trump as a CEO often failed miserably, unless not paying tax for 10 years or bankrupting companies 4 times counts as a qualification for being a good CEO, ergo the presidency. Can you imagine what would happen if Trump takes the USA to a bankruptcy 4 times?

Last edited:
Another bottom line is that not all CEOs are good. There are good CEOs; there are bad CEOs; and then there are so-so CEOs, just like any other profession. I have worked for some good CEOs, some bad CEOs, and then so-so CEOs. None of them, I thought, would make a good POTUS.

That Trump having been a CEO doesn't necessarily qualify him to be a good president. The experience certainly helps, I don't deny that. However, people in other professions can claim the same thing. Trump as a CEO often failed miserably, unless not paying tax for 10 years or bankrupting companies 4 times counts as a qualification for being a good CEO, ergo the presidency. Can you imagine what would happen if Trump takes the USA to a bankruptcy 4 times?

At least he would be consistent there for a change!

You're way off here. There are a ton of private companies that have CEOs. Private v public has nothing to do with it. Not all CEOs of private companies own the company. Often times, smaller companies with CEOs are startups with PE backing.

what am i off on?

any business can assign anyone a CEO title if they wish, which is exactly what i said.

that said, when the public hears the term CEO, they think in terms of a CEO of a public corp.

as for owners of private businesses, many work their asses off, but some oversee well oiled machines.

and i never weighed in on the "how hard do farmers work" thing, one way or another.

i will say farmers seem to have great PR representation on that front though. bwg

Is Trump not then within your definition of owner rather than CEO since he owns those corporations that operate his enterprises?

i'll assume he is. i never said he wasn't.

and he can give himself the title of "exalted imperial ruler" of his business if he wishes. or head janitor.

no idea what your point is here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT