ADVERTISEMENT

Today

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
Today, America finally rejoins the list of nations capable of lifting a human off the planet and into orbit. It is about time.

And, according to someone here's theory, when that happens at 4:33 EDT we can tell Russia to go to hell.

Godspeed to the crew, congratulations to the engineers. We should never have stopped going to orbit.

Today, America finally rejoins the list of nations capable of lifting a human off the planet and into orbit. It is about time.

And, according to someone here's theory, when that happens at 4:33 EDT we can tell Russia to go to hell.

Godspeed to the crew, congratulations to the engineers. We should never have stopped going to orbit.
Historic event considering we’re doing it with a private company. Interesting stuff.

Is it just me or does it seem odd to anyone else that the free enterprise business person who was tabbed to privatize space travel turned out to be Elon Musk?

. Rocket is much smaller looking. Amazing stuff.

Falcon 9 has 9 engines.

Screen-Shot-2013-09-29-at-4.25.16-PM-640x424.png

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Drat, missed the landing of stage 1. Expect conspiracy theorists to appear.
I had to switch to CNN because the local CBS affiliate decided to switch to downtown protests three minutes before launch. CNN couldn't even broadcast the launch right. The audio was thirty seconds behind the video, and they missed the actual launch entirely.

I had to switch to CNN because the local CBS affiliate decided to switch to downtown protests three minutes before launch. CNN couldn't even broadcast the launch right. The audio was thirty seconds behind the video, and they missed the actual launch entirely.
I’m watching the SpaceX feed on YouTube with the TV while recording on ABC. NASA has a feed too.

Too bad. NASA tv did well, but there was a loss of signal seconds before stage 1 touched down.

Watched the Weather Channel. Showed everything fine. Cut away from recovery ship but didn’t explain why.

ADVERTISEMENT