ADVERTISEMENT

To paraphrase Simon and Garfunkel

You should be happy about that.

Of course, you were 100% wrong about shutting down sports and the economy in general.

There is virtually no risk for college-age athletes - certainly no more than the flu - and even less risk for elementary and high school age kids and their teachers.

The fear mongering of people like you and your totally political intent has caused untold misery for the American people. Congratulations.

I know it's anecdotal, but damn...

https://www.wthr.com/article/news/l...kids/531-e2105e25-795a-4372-aa0a-483042fb154f

You should be happy about that.

Of course, you were 100% wrong about shutting down sports and the economy in general.

There is virtually no risk for college-age athletes - certainly no more than the flu - and even less risk for elementary and high school age kids and their teachers.

The fear mongering of people like you and your totally political intent has caused untold misery for the American people. Congratulations.
Nice "distract and deflect," Danny, with a false accusation sprinkled in for good measure - - straight from your hero's playbook.

Your post that I responded to was asinine and absurd. There will be no "Trump Shitshow - Part 2." I know this is a tough reality for you, friend, but try to come to grips with it.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
He got more than his fair share on national outlets - outlets that praised him because of how “good” his briefings were. Because he wasn’t Trump. Because he was what they wanted to show as strong leadership from a Democrat. Turns out his ideas and actions led to thousands of unnecessary deaths. This was obvious last summer but it took until after the media got rid of Trump for them to start reporting on it. All media is fake news.

We've got an information/political cabal operating in this country. It was subtle for most of Trump's term. The opportunistic cabal capitalized on Covid as a way to beat Trump. Thanks to Trump's post election blunder, the cabal is stronger, motivated, highly visible, and full speed ahead as it is moves rapidly to quash and silence all who disagree. The worst thing about it is public indifference if not acceptance. I don't see anybody with the chops to take them on besides a deeply flawed Trump.

We've got an information/political cabal operating in this country. It was subtle for most of Trump's term. The opportunistic cabal capitalized on Covid as a way to beat Trump. Thanks to Trump's post election blunder, the cabal is stronger, motivated, highly visible, and full speed ahead as it is moves rapidly to quash and silence all who disagree. The worst thing about it is public indifference if not acceptance. I don't see anybody with the chops to take them on besides a deeply flawed Trump.
Trumps "post election blunder" was planned by the Cabal by organizing to allow people to die instead of allowing Trump to get a win by acceting assistance he offered. All of this was planned and executed with precision. Of course it didn't really need precision with all of the blind followers (Dems, media, courts...).

Trumps "post election blunder" was planned by the Cabal by organizing to allow people to die instead of allowing Trump to get a win by acceting assistance he offered. All of this was planned and executed with precision. Of course it didn't really need precision with all of the blind followers (Dems, media, courts...).

The most disgusting political event was the Barnum and Bailey performance in the rotunda Pelosi and Schumer made of officer Sicknick’s demise. The ongoing razor wire-topped fence around the Capitol with armed and uniformed troops is a close second. These people have no shame with their calculated politicization United States Capitol building.

Do you have many references that say Texas would have been prevented from the green new deal? I have seen references that wind turbines did not cause the disaster, which is a totally indisputable fact and isn't the same thing. If people did say that it would have been prevented, they were wrong. I would be curious about who said it, whoever it was is probably FRINGE whereas Falwell worked his way into the center of the GOP.
It's the opposite, Republicans wanting to blame green energy.

No wonder CoH would vote again for Trump. They both deal in false realities.

The Covid data stuff has been debunked time and again. As a part time resident you should know that.

Listen to Moskowitz and don’t buy into the conspiracy theories:

The rest of your gripes seems to come from him being friendly with Trump. Get over it.

It was not debunked in any way shape or form.

..and he really is not my problem as he will implode or worse before 2024 and even if he gets the nomination he will be demolished.

Reactions: cosmickid
It was not debunked in any way shape or form.

..and he really is not my problem as he will implode or worse before 2024 and even if he gets the nomination he will be demolished.
I’m a big fan but agree he does some dumb shit. The flag and rush is silly. It’s only going to aggravate people.

Looks like Liz Cheney is giving it a go. I may hate her politics, but right now she's got the biggest balls in the entire GOP.

I read George Will for years. I always disagreed with him but felt he was legitimate in his beliefs. The same holds true for fairly young me watching Buckley.

Principled conservatives may be wrong, but I can and do respect them.

But the copperhead, know nothing, JBS people are just paranoid. Someone or something is out to get them on a global scale. Or the leaders aren't paranoid but use it to rally the paranoid behind them. They aren't principled, Bernie attracted the exact same constituency. Anyone care to name the political similarities between Bernie and Trump? Besides paranoia of some mysterious group out to get them?

Reactions: UncleMark
I’m a big fan but agree he does some dumb shit. The flag and rush is silly. It’s only going to aggravate people.

He has/had the potential to be a star but if he stays cuddled up with Trumps sagging nutsack he is in deep deep doo doo

I read George Will for years. I always disagreed with him but felt he was legitimate in his beliefs. The same holds true for fairly young me watching Buckley.

But the copperhead, know nothing, JBS people are just paranoid. Someone or something is out to get them on a global scale. Or the leaders aren't paranoid but use it to rally the paranoid behind them. They aren't principled, Bernie attracted the exact same constituency. Anyone care to name the political similarities between Bernie and Trump? Besides paranoia of some mysterious group out to get them?
I've read there are people in Q who were former Bernie supporters. There's a big chunk of the same down-and-out demographic.

Reactions: Morrison
So you really don't trust democracy? That explains why you would still vote for the tyrant Trump.

The most disgusting political event was the Barnum and Bailey performance in the rotunda Pelosi and Schumer made of officer Sicknick’s demise. The ongoing razor wire-topped fence around the Capitol with armed and uniformed troops is a close second. These people have no shame with their calculated politicization United States Capitol building.
I'm afraid the entire GOP is now a lunatic fringe.

I've read there are people in Q who were former Bernie supporters. There's a big chunk of the same down-and-out demographic.
Absolutely true. And it makes sense if you think about it. They started out an antiestablishment group which was in keeping with trump’s platform. Vice has a series on them. Kind of a sad group of lost souls

I thought you voted for Bernie?

So you really don't trust democracy? That explains why you would still vote for the tyrant Trump.

Yes, I think we have too much voting. Voting and campaigns are a lessons in mass manipulation like advertising makeup, beer, or laundry soap. Those whom we should trust to provide the information needed to vote have figured out they could manipulate their consumers. Too much special interest influence and money is a problem. I’ve said before and would say again, repealling the 17th amendment would be good. Our primary system is providing strident and incompetent officials for congress and POTUS. The electoral college needs to stay and its voting should based on congressional districts. At the state level, easily putting constitutional amendments up to a vote is abusing the system.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
It's the opposite, Republicans wanting to blame green energy.

No wonder CoH would vote again for Trump. They both deal in false realities.

Green energy provides zero backup base load capacity in the event of unexpected failure. Coal and NG fired boilers and turbines can provide that reserve capacity. There wasn’t base load reserve available. Why no adequate reserve capacity is the question. Part of the answer for those who are interested in finding an honest answer will be a subsidized rate structure in favor of more expensive renewables and not to building a reserve capacity.

Yes, I think we have too much voting. Voting and campaigns are a lessons in mass manipulation like advertising makeup, beer, or laundry soap. Those whom we should trust to provide the information needed to vote have figured out they could manipulate their consumers. Too much special interest influence and money is a problem. I’ve said before and would say again, repealling the 17th amendment would be good. Our primary system is providing strident and incompetent officials for congress and POTUS. The electoral college needs to stay and its voting should based on congressional districts. At the state level, easily putting constitutional amendments up to a vote is abusing the system.
Voting, yes. Democracy, no. At some point soon (although progress always takes longer than I would expect) many of our public policy questions will be decided through direct democracy, leaving less need for representative government. I predict a big role for AI in developing public policy options to solve some of our more divisive issues.

But in the meantime, I don't know why you're so pessimistic about the will of the people. Except for Trump, who made mistake after mistake in 2020, your party did better than expected in the election - until the Georgia Senate fiasco.

Green energy provides zero backup base load capacity in the event of unexpected failure. Coal and NG fired boilers and turbines can provide that reserve capacity. There wasn’t base load reserve available. Why no adequate reserve capacity is the question. Part of the answer for those who are interested in finding an honest answer will be a subsidized rate structure in favor of more expensive renewables and not to building a reserve capacity.

The coal and natural gas froze, so they were unable to provide any backup. Texas opted out of the US system, so energy could not be diverted from the 2 main grids. A confluence of problems.

I can agree it may be time to reexamine subsidies given the extent that wind power has been proven successful. The turbines needed help to get established, but providing falsely cheap power will distort choices, as we've seen in Texas.

We'll see. I have no problem saying that anyone from the left who said the green new deal would have prevented the disaster is wrong. It is that simple, they are wrong. I don't get why so many Republicans refuse to say that about people equally wrong.
Of course someone saying that would be wrong. It wouldn't be as wrong as a secret cabal of pedophiles, but still wrong.

But, of course, he can't even offer examples of anyone actually saying it. That's the key point. The right's fringe is not only worse, it actually exists.

What in the flying f*ck kinds of drugs are you guys taking? Jesus Christ.

Of course someone saying that would be wrong. It wouldn't be as wrong as a secret cabal of pedophiles, but still wrong.

But, of course, he can't even offer examples of anyone actually saying it. That's the key point. The right's fringe is not only worse, it actually exists.
Yeah. Pretty hard to top Jewish lasers and lizard people.

I can agree it may be time to reexamine subsidies given the extent that wind power has been proven successful. The turbines needed help to get established, but providing falsely cheap power will distort choices, as we've seen in Texas.

Wind turbines are a waste of money and space. We can’t tear them down soon enough. We need to go full speed ahead with nukes.

The coal and natural gas froze, so they were unable to provide any backup. Texas opted out of the US system, so energy could not be diverted from the 2 main grids. A confluence of problems.

They didn’t provide back up because they froze. They didn’t provide back up because there was no backup.

Voting, yes. Democracy, no. At some point soon (although progress always takes longer than I would expect) many of our public policy questions will be decided through direct democracy, leaving less need for representative government. I predict a big role for AI in developing public policy options to solve some of our more divisive issues.

Everything about this scares the crap out of me. It sounds like a utopian SF novel.

They didn’t provide back up because they froze. They didn’t provide back up because there was no backup.
What do you mean, Texas has no NG or coal facilities? They DO, and the FROZE. Which part of that is wrong?

Who is it that said this would never have happened with all green power, you haven't provided the source of such an obviously incorrect statement.

What do you mean, Texas has no NG or coal facilities? They DO, and the FROZE. Which part of that is wrong?

Who is it that said this would never have happened with all green power, you haven't provided the source of such an obviously incorrect statement.

i didn’t say they didn’t have thermal facilities. I said they didn’t have excess reserve capacity.

I would vote for Trump again. I don't see that as "backing a guy". I see it as backing a way of governing. We need a government not driven by special interests, money, unaccountable bureaucratic momentum, and influence peddling. If somebody else would take up that position I would back them because as you say Trump is not a nice guy.

As far as fringe is concerned, some even handed accountability would go a long way towards stopping all fringe. Left wing fringe is accepted, nurtured and protected by the institutions that are responsible for holding fringes accountable--political parties and the press. I'm old enough to remember Falwell being universally condemned by all for opining that 9-11 was the result of abortion, homosexuality, and otherwise loose morals. When Democrats say that the horrible Texas disaster was because we don't have the Green New Deal, everybody center-left agrees or yawns. Ya wanna talk about the protected left wing fringe saying cops have a genocidal plan to kill blacks? That fringe was and is responsible for terrible things.

CoH, being subject to naivete, i sorta agree with you when you wish for a "government not driven by special interests, money, unaccountable bureaucratic momentum, and influence peddling" ?

When did we have such a government ?

is there really such a thing as a benevolent dictator?

Reactions: cosmickid
i didn’t say they didn’t have thermal facilities. I said they didn’t have excess reserve capacity.

ERCOT said they had 10.6% reserve capacity over max for 2020. https://ihsmarkit.com/research-anal...on-capacity-and-reserve-margins-in-texas.html

The problem you are carefully not mentioning is none of their equipment is winterized. None. Not wind which works year around in Alaska and Norway. Not NG. not coal. If they had a reserve NG plant, it would have been frozen.

But I note you have not yet provided a name for your quote not discuss the thread starter. Was Buckley wrong for taking on the conspiracy loons?

I agree with a lot of this. I still think Senators should be elected by the voters, however. Your last point on amendments at the state level rings true. I shake my head in bemusement whenever I get my election ballot in California. It’s page after page of initiatives. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to, but it drives me crazy, and I always wonder why we have a Governor and legislatures if us voters are requested to legislate via ballot initiatives. Some are laughably insignificant, and seem to be written by a campaign manager instead of a non partisan election official.

Reactions: CO. Hoosier
I agree with a lot of this. I still think Senators should be elected by the voters, however. Your last point on amendments at the state level rings true. I shake my head in bemusement whenever I get my election ballot in California. It’s page after page of initiatives. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to, but it drives me crazy, and I always wonder why we have a Governor and legislatures if us voters are requested to legislate via ballot initiatives. Some are laughably insignificant, and seem to be written by a campaign manager instead of a non partisan election official.
COH is just fine with voting when it turns out the way he wants it to. Otherwise, not so much.

Yeah, it seems republicans are real big on running everything through state legislatures these days as well.
In many respects that’s how it ought to be - but once you spend time with your state legislators it can be eye opening...election can be a really low bar at that level

In many respects that’s how it ought to be - but once you spend time with your state legislators it can be eye opening...election can be a really low bar at that level
I agree with this. My state legislatures seem to be long time machine pols, most likely getting kick backs. I’m sure it’s that way in many places.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Wind turbines are a waste of money and space. We can’t tear them down soon enough. We need to go full speed ahead with nukes.
So wind was so efficient Texas went overboard with it, therefore the turbines should be torn down. Makes no sense.

Reactions: DrHoops
ERCOT said they had 10.6% reserve capacity over max for 2020. https://ihsmarkit.com/research-anal...on-capacity-and-reserve-margins-in-texas.html

The problem you are carefully not mentioning is none of their equipment is winterized. None. Not wind which works year around in Alaska and Norway. Not NG. not coal. If they had a reserve NG plant, it would have been frozen.

But I note you have not yet provided a name for your quote not discuss the thread starter. Was Buckley wrong for taking on the conspiracy loons?

The only power Texas had for days was from thermal. Not all of it froze. I didn’t say additional reserves would have kept the system at 100%. I think additional reserves would have reduced the damage. Don’t forget that demand was at a historic maximum. That would stress any system.

ADVERTISEMENT